Author Topic: Sony committing career suicide with the new PS3  (Read 914 times)

Jome

Re: Sony committing career suicide with the new PS3
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »
^ As I predicted long before the 360 came out, the 360 will clearly win the 'console war' this time around

Then why isn't it selling ??
PS1 & PS2 wrecked shop, and PS3 looks set to do the same.

360 flopped in most major markets in the world, so Sony got good time to prepare the PS3, and Nintendo seems to be aiming at the kids with their dog/pet games and Mario recycling, N64 & Gamecube didn't stand a chance against Sony's machine saleswise, and I doubt Revolution will.
The price doesn't concern me, the only thing that concerns me is Sony's bullshit DRM tendencies, if they're gonna put as much DRM and copy protection into Blu-Ray as some indicate, they can end up shooting theirselves in the foot.

The Watcher

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »
xbox 360 is flopping cause of the price, the next xbox will be out by the time the xbox360 becomes affordable
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 10:51:11 PM »
^ The price is definately hurting them, and the price of the Ps3 will hurt Sony even more than it hurt Microsoft.  That's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it, from way back last year sometime.  Microsoft will whip Sony's ass this time around. 

Oh, and btw... "Why aren't they selling"... these are the same systems that you couldn't get your hands on back before Christmas.  They are selling. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 11:29:07 PM »
I actually wouldnt b surprised if the final price tag is around 700,its got alot of expensive shit inside it

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 11:31:24 PM »
A PS3 cost $900 to make? WTF? That shit better take me to the moon...

lol

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 11:32:50 PM »
I read in a mag (woz either NUTS or ZOO) that the PS3 woz bout 3 times more powerful than the 360 n that Sony wud definately b sellin em at a loss. But as 4 wen n price, ill guess we'll just hav 2 wait n c wen Sony decide they wanna sell it 2 us!

lol it wont be 3 times more powerful then the xbox 360

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 03:10:41 AM »
a new gta will be a good enough reason to buy the ps3

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 05:34:53 AM »
You'd pay 700 bucks for a system, then 60 dollars for the game, for a new GTA?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 06:57:53 AM »
yo anyone gotta pic of the ps3 console and control they can post up? cuz i seen one which was silver and a moon lookin control, looked kinda weak design wise, i mean the playstation always even looked dope visually but if the pic i saw is the truth, then the 360 design is better.........but imma still wait for the ps3, cant see it failing to be honest........nintendo gonna get alot of kids no doubt, 360 got its set to, but ps3 got people of all ages, all markets, its gone be gettin copped by cats who be older, lil kids who get it as a xmas/bday present, and so on........i dont see it fialing but the risk with selling it such high prices is that people will say, they gone wait til price drops, which could result in less sales, but if they counter that with bringing shit out at a "festive period" shit shouldnt be, sony could easily affect 360 sales just off a lil teaser advertisment saying "ps3 coming soon" on tv to let people know its in the works, i know people will wait for a ps3 rather than go out and cop a 360......but when that shit drops, its better be nuts y'all, i aint really convinced anyone knows how good the ps3 will turn out to be from what im reading but the one thing that confuses me is this blu ray shit, what the fuck can i do with blu ray technology?? or what does it do?

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 08:00:51 AM »
You'd pay 700 bucks for a system, then 60 dollars for the game, for a new GTA?

yes

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »
did you just make that up xbox 360 is flopping???

i been tryin to cop one now for the past month, calling best buy, target, toys r us etc  on the daily, NOBODY GOT IT
they say as soon as a xbox 360 come in, it gets sold right away

im gettin one, because of that xbox live video compatibility feature where you can talk to somebody and see them at the same time while you playing them.. Video conferancing thats hot when i wanna talk to my potnas or family in chicago, ohio
texas etc

what yall dont realize is that, to fully take advantage of the graphics on both of these systems you will NEED an HD t.v.
they pressed the need for these & had one on every booth at the E3 gaming show which i attend every year homies.

herpes

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »
sega genesis >>> super nintendo

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 10:55:21 AM »

i been tryin to cop one now for the past month, calling best buy, target, toys r us etc  on the daily, NOBODY GOT IT
they say as soon as a xbox 360 come in, it gets sold right away

im gettin one, because of that xbox live video compatibility feature where you can talk to somebody and see them at the same time while you playing them.. Video conferancing thats hot when i wanna talk to my potnas or family in chicago, ohio
texas etc

what yall dont realize is that, to fully take advantage of the graphics on both of these systems you will NEED an HD t.v.
they pressed the need for these & had one on every booth at the E3 gaming show which i attend every year homies.

yea the 360s r sold out everywhere here too,but they said the shortage should be over in march so thats not too bad if u havent copped one yet

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »
If that price is true I'll just wait till it goes down a bit to buy it..  Im gonna buy it at one point or another

Jome

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
yea the 360s r sold out everywhere here too,but they said the shortage should be over in march so thats not too bad if u havent copped one yet

WTF, it's collecting dust in stores over here..
They created a fake demand for 360 before X-mas by shipping very few units to each store (common tactic for game consoles, making them "exclusive" and raising the price), and the hard drive edition sold out quickly because they supplied only a couple of units to each store, then there was big headlines "sold out", "impossible to get" blah blah, but they suddenly realized they had plenty of core editions, but there was never a rush for them.. now they stocking up with both editions, but it doesn't sell much yet, maybe because there's so few games, and possibly because most people are waiting for PS3, or at least sitting on the fence to see if PS3 outdoes 360.
I could walk into any store and buy both editons of X360, and all the websites I've seen got them in stock, so it must be an American problem.

U.S. is by far X-Box's biggest market, that's maybe why there's a rush for them over there, while the rest of the world awaits PS3.