Author Topic: Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?  (Read 1287 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

Los Angeles Times-
The Lakers have engaged in talks with Jim Jackson in an effort to sign the 14-year veteran guard-forward, who was waived last week by Phoenix.

Jackson, 35, could add an outside touch down the stretch for a team that has shot inconsistently. The Lakers have $2.5 million remaining from their midlevel exception and could offer Jackson a prorated portion of it, about $500,000 for the rest of the season.

Jackson, 6 feet 6 and 220 pounds, played in 27 games this season for the Suns and averaged 3.7 points and 2.4 rebounds in 15.6 minutes. He has not played since Jan. 4.

Last season, he averaged 8.8 points and 3.9 rebounds and added a veteran presence to a Phoenix team that won a league-best 62 games and lost to San Antonio in the Western Conference finals.

I suggested that the Lakers sign Jim Jackson as soon as he was waived from Phoenix, and now it looks like there's a good possibility it may happen...Hopefully they do it, it can add depth and a reliable back-up for Kobe since Laron Profit is out for the season...Lakers really tryna make some noise now... 8)

wcsoldier

Re: Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »
He had a good season last year, with some 20pts-efforts. That would be a good move without a doubt  and add some experience which is welcomed in our team  8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 12:48:23 PM »
He's played with many teams so he could adjust, but the triangle is prety complicated, :-\ But I was all for him signing with the Lakers.

acbaylove

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »
Jackson is welcomed.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 01:13:45 PM »
hed be a very good addition to the team adding veteran leadership as well as a relatively consistnent outside shot. his D is aight as well.

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
If only we could have had Profit and McKie healty..

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 01:59:48 PM »
i've always liked Jim Jackson, probably becaus he had 2 good seasons with the Rockets, but this wud definately be a plus for the Lakers..it really can't hurt.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 02:08:40 PM »
Yeah signing a vet can only help their youngish roster. Hopefully also take some minutes off Brown, who's a failure.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 04:44:03 PM »
Jim Jackson to take minutes off Brown? ???

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »
Not that he's a PF, but you know how rotation goes. Don't front.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 04:49:39 PM »
Man Kwame is already averaging 25 mins per game..
Naw, i think he'll replace Sasha Vujacic in the rotation.
And Turiaf will share some minutes with Cook and Brown.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »
Brown should get 10 minutes at best (on a team that wants to make noise) ... the Bobcats can give him 25 minutes if he's lucky.. but not the Lakers.
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 05:16:24 PM »
Man Kwame is not doing anything for on offence but Defensively he is doing a pretty good job and thats all we need from him right now.

acbaylove

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 05:45:18 PM »
Brown should get 10 minutes at best (on a team that wants to make noise) ... the Bobcats can give him 25 minutes if he's lucky.. but not the Lakers.

Man he's basically (still?) a role player, exactly like Brian Cook. Cook is our offensive PF, and Brown is our defensive one. None of them is starting material (yet?). The problem of our starting 5 is that we have both Mihm and Brown who are totally defensive minded. We lack an offensive minded PF who could get the ball inside (Cook has great offensive awarness, but he's basically a SG, when we attack). If we could replace Mihm with... i don't know.. Frye.. Frye-Brown, now that's a good mix i'd like to see. Frye is not ready yet to start for us, but damn that mix could be very good.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 06:42:10 PM »
Man Kwame is not doing anything for on offence but Defensively he is doing a pretty good job and thats all we need from him right now.

I agree. He d'ed up good on Rasheed Wallace yesterday and has done well defensively against Shaq and Yao Ming. IMO, Kwame's defense > Cook's offense.

Anyway, I'm all or signing Jim Jackson, especially since that will hopefully reduce or eliminate Sasha and Luke's playing time.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels