Author Topic: So I'm going to NY... (question)  (Read 625 times)

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
So I'm going to NY... (question)
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »
I'm going to NY the first week of April...
Anyone know any good music stores, cuz I can prolly find more westcoast music in America than over here
I heard there's a Virgin Music Store somewhere in NY that's supposed to be the biggest music store in the States
props to anyone with some info
also if you know some good clubs with some good music or stuff I should definitely check out, do tell
(and don't tell me I should visit the Statue of Liberty or some shit like that cuz I'll prolly be doing that anyway)

wcsoldier

Re: So I'm going to NY... (question)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:04:01 PM »
I'm going to NY the first week of April...
Anyone know any good music stores, cuz I can prolly find more westcoast music in America than over here
I heard there's a Virgin Music Store somewhere in NY that's supposed to be the biggest music store in the States
props to anyone with some info
also if you know some good clubs with some good music or stuff I should definitely check out, do tell
(and don't tell me I should visit the Statue of Liberty or some shit like that cuz I'll prolly be doing that anyway)
go to Tower Records, it's much better for me. I went in NY in April 05. About the clubs, I went to the Midnight club which is 6th Av 43 rd street (or sth like that  ), they are some dope strip clubs too  8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:06:44 PM by wcsoldier »

Diabolical

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 01:09:36 PM »
There was one my step mum got alot of good stuf for me in when i gave her a list but that was 3 years ago.

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 01:28:49 PM »
go to the anything store.

http://www.anewyorkthing.com/

herpes

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 01:30:55 PM »
you want a hip hop store go to fat beats on 6th ave the cross street is w.8th street.. the addy is 406 6th ave and its on the second floor.  Clubs, go to exit

Exit Night Club
(212) 582-8282
610 W 56th St

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »
go to Tower Records, it's much better for me.
you want a hip hop store go to fat beats on 6th ave the cross street is w.8th street.. the addy is 406 6th ave and its on the second floor.
go to the anything store.

props

About the clubs, I went to the Midnight club which is 6th Av 43 rd street (or sth like that)
Clubs, go to exit

Exit Night Club
(212) 582-8282
610 W 56th St

thanx, props

they are some dope strip clubs too  8)

8)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 08:58:53 PM »
check out the meat packing district for some of the clubs more local but good spots

coola

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 11:59:26 PM »
i might go to NY at the end of the year... whats the minimum you all would recommend to stay in NY ?

We Fly High

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 12:44:39 AM »
uhm.. if u really want to enjoy yourself, maybe like 1500.. but u could do it off like 1000ish probably.. like i think like 200$ roundtrip tickets from CA to NY, and then like if u split a hotel room with 2 other folks for a week, thats like another $300 on top (if ur trying to stay near times square manhattan prob cheaper as it reaches out)... and then lets just say you spend $100 everyday, on good meals, sightseeing shit, and then like some drinks at night.. ... im gonna be there this july as an early bday gift to myself.

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 06:51:45 AM »
check out the meat packing district for some of the clubs more local but good spots

cool, I'ma check it out

i might go to NY at the end of the year... whats the minimum you all would recommend to stay in NY ?
uhm.. if u really want to enjoy yourself, maybe like 1500.. but u could do it off like 1000ish probably.. like i think like 200$ roundtrip tickets from CA to NY, and then like if u split a hotel room with 2 other folks for a week, thats like another $300 on top (if ur trying to stay near times square manhattan prob cheaper as it reaches out)... and then lets just say you spend $100 everyday, on good meals, sightseeing shit, and then like some drinks at night.. ... im gonna be there this july as an early bday gift to myself.

I put like 2,500 Euros aside for the trip, but I'm kinda hoping I won't spend it all. I just hate having to spend the last day or two days taking it easy cuz I already spent all the money. But without the plane tickets I'd say I'll spend about 1,500 to 2,000...

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 08:41:23 AM »
if u aint 21 tho i mean selections are limited. so i dont kno how old u are

but if you too young to go to bars and shit
just go around the village, st marks area and shit, you dont need IDs anywhere over there and theres mad bars and restaurants that will serve you.
yeah tower records is huge but i mean i prefer goin around queens and shit for music cause they got them little hip hop shops wit gems and shit.

have a fuckin dope time regardless

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »
Try to hit up bOb's...

I went there on New Year's of 2005 with about 10 people (all from Cali) and we took over the club and the DJ.  We had the DJ playing nothing but westcoast shit all night.  That shit was off the hook.

Enjoy  8)

BTW... the DJ was already playing westcoast shit when we walked in... we just kept him going.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 09:23:43 AM »
When i was in new york last september i went to a club called suede it was pretty small but had some fine ass girls in it. the only thing that sucked was the music i had to tip the dj a $50 to play california love and he didnt end up playing it until the end of the night. i was so piss drunk and mad by that time i went on the dance floor emptied out two bottles of champagne on the dance floor pulled out my california id held it up while i threw up the dub wit my other hand. i was so shocked i was able to walk out the club witout an altercation it was proper.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »
When i was in new york last september i went to a club called suede it was pretty small but had some fine ass girls in it. the only thing that sucked was the music i had to tip the dj a $50 to play california love and he didnt end up playing it until the end of the night. i was so piss drunk and mad by that time i went on the dance floor emptied out two bottles of champagne on the dance floor pulled out my california id held it up while i threw up the dub wit my other hand. i was so shocked i was able to walk out the club witout an altercation it was proper.

i have a friend who works at suede, she is a bartender.  when we were in HS she was Miss Teen New York.  gorgeous.

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 12:32:50 PM »
yeah I'm 21, so it's not a problem...
mad props to everyone for the suggestions... this shit is gonna make my holiday

When i was in new york last september i went to a club called suede it was pretty small but had some fine ass girls in it.
i have a friend who works at suede, she is a bartender.  when we were in HS she was Miss Teen New York.  gorgeous.

I might have to check that out 8)