Author Topic: rakim was in a better situation with aftermath  (Read 360 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
rakim was in a better situation with aftermath
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:51:14 AM »
yo he may never have released shit, but atleast he would be in the studio crackin on shit or have shit to do, the legend probably chillin at his set right now eatin fries watchin making the band

rakim on aftermath...less of a ghost than rakim after aftermath..........

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: rakim was in a better situation with aftermath
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »
That's true. When he was on the Math he had mad hype. I was shocked when they said the album wasn't coming out and Ra was leaving the label. It seemed so crazy, this forum here, MTV and everything in between were poppin about Ra's album with Dr. Dre.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 12:52:53 PM »
The main reason he didn't really do much last year was because he got in some trouble with the law (I dunno what exactly). He did a show in New York early this year, and said there that he will be back in 2006, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »
I don't know.  There was that one unreleased song "When U Die" that was taken from the Aftermath sessions.  Ra was tight, but I fucking hated that beat.  I think his best work on the Math was on "The Watcher II".  Then there was that R.A.K.I.M. song from 8 Mile OST - again Ra was tight, but didn't mesh well with the beat.

I think he made the right decision - he wasn't feelin the directions they were taking the music, and he bolted.  I'm glad he ain't on the Math cuz most of the Math is falling off.  Dre is the ONLY artist on there that i'm really feenin to hear new music from.  Em fell the fuck off, 50 & G-Unit (with Buck being the exception) are horrible, Mobb Deep are a running joke, Busta keeps gettin pushed back, M.O.P. ain't ever droppin.  I could keep going but you get the picture. 

I'm glad Ra is free and clear of all that bullshit and can do an album that he wants.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 11:50:47 PM »
^^^the question is how long will it take for him to release his album? he's been gone from the math since 03...

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 11:54:23 PM »
Rakim is and was a great MC but it's time to move on, he won't probably release an album (or sth worth) again. His only chance was the Math, that didn't work.....

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 05:58:15 AM »
I don't know.  There was that one unreleased song "When U Die" that was taken from the Aftermath sessions.  Ra was tight, but I fucking hated that beat.  I think his best work on the Math was on "The Watcher II".  Then there was that R.A.K.I.M. song from 8 Mile OST - again Ra was tight, but didn't mesh well with the beat.

I think he made the right decision - he wasn't feelin the directions they were taking the music, and he bolted.  I'm glad he ain't on the Math cuz most of the Math is falling off.  Dre is the ONLY artist on there that i'm really feenin to hear new music from.  Em fell the fuck off, 50 & G-Unit (with Buck being the exception) are horrible, Mobb Deep are a running joke, Busta keeps gettin pushed back, M.O.P. ain't ever droppin.  I could keep going but you get the picture. 

I'm glad Ra is free and clear of all that bullshit and can do an album that he wants.

i agree wit ya bout it bein the right decision but After You Die woz a great beat i thought it gelled together really well, one of my favourite tracks! :D
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
I love "After You Die". That song was great.

I remember those mellowman posts, he seemed to imply that Jimmy Iovine was the reason why no album would come out, if I recall. It's a shame, Dre and Rakim could have put together a masterpiece.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels