Author Topic: Eminem & Obie Trice news  (Read 202 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eminem & Obie Trice news
« on: April 07, 2006, 05:50:15 AM »
Feeling like a goddamn Stan for doing just Eminem topics, but fuck it. MTV.com -

The once-omnipresent Eminem has been lying low for the past several months (matrimonial drama aside), but he maintains that talk of his retirement has been grossly exaggerated.

Em recently taped an interview with Obie Trice for Shade 45, his Sirius Satellite radio station, and refuted the rumours.

"People get it twisted when I said I'm taking a break," Em told host Lil Shawn. "I never said I'm going to stop doing music. What I meant was that I'm taking a break from being the frontman and the center of attention. I want to fall back for a minute, but I never stop recording. I keep busy."

Em — who this week filed for divorce from wife Kim less than three months after remarrying her (see "Eminem Files For Divorce From Kim — Again") — has been holed up in the studio producing tracks for Obie Trice's upcoming LP, Second Round's on Me.

"It's not about something to prove," he answered when asked about Obie's objective with this album. "This time it's about hitting an audience we didn't connect with before. We want to target and market this album more to the streets."

Obie's first single is a record called "Snitch," where he and guest star Akon talk about how someone violated one the biggest codes of the streets: no snitching.

"I know the people are going to appreciate the song," Trice said. "It's a hard-ass, real-music type of song. The lyrics and hook feel good."

Obie also addressed the shooting that occurred on New Year's Eve (see "Obie Trice Recovering From New Year's Eve Shooting"), in which he was shot in the head by an unknown gunman while driving on a highway in Detroit. The MC still has a bullet lodged in his head.

"It's still in there right now," he said. "My skull hasn't completely healed yet, but I'm doing good. It hasn't really affected my day-to-day, and the doctors will be able to remove [the bullet] soon."

Em visited Obie the day after the shooting and was completely shocked about how well his friend was doing.

"I'm expecting to see him laid the f--- up and he's upstairs doing push-ups!" Em described. "I'm like, 'What are you doing?' 'Bullet in the head, still alive, already home!' "

Besides Obie's new LP, Slim Shady also said he was excited about some of his new signees, Bobby Creek from Atlanta and Ca$his from Orange County, California.

"I feel like we got an all-star team now."

Obie Trice's new LP is slated for a May 30 release. You can catch the full Eminem and Obie interview Friday on Sirius satellite radio, channel Shade 45 from 2:30 to 4 p.m. ET. Em is slated to call in again on Cipha Sounds and Angela Yee's show on Shade 45 on April 13 at 11 a.m. ET.

— Shaheem Reid

New signees to Shady Records huh? Let's see what happens with these two, Bobby Creek & Ca$his.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Eminem & Obie Trice news
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 06:33:47 AM »
orange county?? the dude white?lol..........na im playing, i'll check up n any muthafuckaz from cali....

about the obie direction, im glad they admitted they didnt really connect with the streets last time out, i been saying it since it first dropped , grodt>cheers...........everyone on the streets felt it mo.......cheers had some sick production but i mean, just from got some teeth, niggaz thought fuck this cd......yet dre laced the homie with some real heat.........obie just better hope he doesnt get outshined on tracks this time around by guests and i think he'll keep up with the production, cant see dre dropping him his sickest shit this time around

imma check the cd though still........