Author Topic: Death Row seized by Authorities  (Read 1095 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Death Row seized by Authorities
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 05:31:56 AM »
imagine dre bought his shit back.. re-mixed the chronic.. and added some unreleased gems or something...  :o

Yeah...that would be cool. Perhaps he'd consider to re-release The Chronic in a surround/5.1 version. That would be nice! He should do that with 2001 too: listening to that album in a surround-version must be amazing with all those little effects he mixes in his music.
(My brother has bought about 15 albums in surround-version now, and I must say that it sounds absolutely wonderful. The drums in one speaker, the keys in the other, etc...GREAT!). Dre should do that as well...

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 05:37:55 AM »
It ain't over yet this iz Suge Knight we're talkin' bout U never know what trickz he might have up his sleeve...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Intriago33

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 05:40:04 AM »
hopefully we'll hear some shit Crooked recorded.

ABN

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 05:42:06 AM »
Crooked´s material aint apart of DR´s music library coz his songs were never released.

MIC

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 05:56:58 AM »
It ain't over yet this iz Suge Knight we're talkin' bout U never know what trickz he might have up his sleeve...

What tricks? He's gonna beat the judge with a metal pipe?  :D

Intriago33

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 06:00:39 AM »
Crooked´s material aint apart of DR´s music library coz his songs were never released.

for real? damn.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 07:11:38 AM »
would dre want anything to do with the old dr stuff? its in the past...plus we all know he dont want to start prods with suge again.i dont see it happening..

ABN

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 07:16:12 AM »
would dre want anything to do with the old dr stuff?
his DR catalogue alone is worth so much money that he´ll want something to do with it. and what is Suge gonna do? go and threaten Dre and get his stupid ass locked up again?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 07:38:08 AM »
would dre want anything to do with the old dr stuff? its in the past...plus we all know he dont want to start prods with suge again.i dont see it happening..

the dr material has nothing to do with suge anymore, the court took it off him, and it will be sold off to pay the debt that suge owes

ABN

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:27 AM »

the dr material has nothing to do with suge anymore, the court took it off him, and it will be sold off to pay the debt that suge owes
right but i think Xover meant that Suge might be pissed off if Dre buys his music back that Suge prolly views as his shit regardless off what the court says.

MIC

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2006, 08:29:21 AM »

right but i think Xover meant that Suge might be pissed off if Dre buys his music back that Suge prolly views as his shit regardless off what the court says.

Yeah, that idiot would probably rather destroy the masters and spend a few years in jail than let Dre buy them.  :)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2006, 11:21:53 AM »
Well the DR catalogue will fetch a high dollar amount.  I'd be willin to bet that Dre is gonna try to get ownership of all his music there.  I guarantee you he has the financial means to do so.  This is actually very good news becuase in some form or another it could result in some leaks of unheard tracks.  RIP Death Row (even though its really been dead for almost a decade).

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2006, 11:25:45 AM »
oh well can´t say i feel sorry for Suge coz karma´s a bitch.

MarshColin

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2006, 01:41:02 PM »
All the unreleased stuff might not be a part of the "catalog" but if suge owns the masters, which I think he does, they're still an asset of his that could be sold off. This is great news I thought I would die without hearing the shit but now there is a chance.

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2006, 02:02:44 PM »
well it depends on how the recording was done.. some people only turn in the final tracks for projects and anything else recorded stays in their collection.. its known death row would hire studios for long periods of time and yes for some stuff yes there may be tracks.. but Dre for example worked from home when he was on house arrest.. and for periods afterwards.. i doubt real 'vault' exists like people think it does. some poeple still think suge gets paid off pac stuff.. and he hasn't for years..