Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread  (Read 24503 times)

WILL-I-DIE

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »
we looking super.its looking to be a great season for us

rik

« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
Yo Javii, do you know what up with Werth? Is he still with the organization? I haven't heard shit about him.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »
He got released and the Phillies picked him up.  He's their 4th/5th OF right now

rik

« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2007, 07:14:41 PM »
Props. I think if he could stay healthy he could be a pretty good player.

rik

« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2007, 07:47:11 PM »
WOW! What a throw by Furcal, and an even better block by Martin.

rik

« Reply #350 on: April 16, 2007, 07:53:11 PM »
My boy Nomar with a homerun and his second RBI of the game. :bandit:

rik

« Reply #351 on: April 16, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »
Penny is running out of gas.

rik

« Reply #352 on: April 16, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »
Great play by Furcal and Kent, to get the double play.

rik

« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2007, 09:45:51 PM »
Another win!  8)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:08 AM »
went to tha dodger game on sunday, damn it was packed even the nose bleeds were full

Al Bundy

« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2007, 12:57:32 AM »
LETS GO DODGERS  :bandit:

rik

« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2007, 08:53:46 AM »
Another sweep! 8) And another series win against a division rival.

rik

« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
Notes: Schmidt to disabled list
Right-hander has inflammation of the shoulder bursa sac

PHOENIX -- The radar gun said Jason Schmidt was hurt and Monday's MRI confirmed it, inflammation of the shoulder bursa sac putting the Dodgers' pitcher on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday.

Trainer Stan Conte, describing the bursitis as "mild to moderate," said there was no timetable for Schmidt's return.

The club replaced Schmidt on the roster by recalling Chin-hui Tsao for the second time in a week, but manager Grady Little wouldn't commit to naming Mark Hendrickson to replace Schmidt on the mound Thursday in Coors Field, because he wasn't sure he wouldn't need Hendrickson to pitch Wednesday night, Coors Field being Coors Field.

"The game [Wednesday] will dictate what we're going to do," said Little, who noted that Tsao saved two games in his brief return to Triple-A Las Vegas.

As for Schmidt, he was signed to a three-year, $47 million contract by the Dodgers to bolster the starting rotation. The Giants, his previous club, passed on retaining Schmidt, presumably because of concerns about his health. But shortly after hiring Conte, Schmidt's previous trainer, the Dodgers landed the 34-year-old right-hander.

Throughout Spring Training, scouts were reporting that Schmidt's fastball velocity was dramatically reduced and that continued through his two-inning start Saturday night, when he was charged with five earned runs, hitting 82 mph in the first inning and never surpassing 87 mph. He is 1-2 with a 7.36 ERA, having allowed 17 hits in 11 innings.

"The last game really bought it to light," said Schmidt. "I stopped getting results. It wasn't free and easy. I was aware something was going on, but I'm the kind who just wants to go out there, and it will resolve itself. I wouldn't say I'm worried. It's a bump in the road. I try to take it day by day."

Schmidt said he tried to pitch through it, believing his velocity would gradually return, but conceded that when videos did not reveal a significant mechanical flaw, that set in motion management's increasing suspicion that something else was wrong. He said he accepted being disabled reluctantly.

"In a strange sort of way, I have to be in agreement with it if there's a light at the end of the tunnel and I come out of this and can do what I do best, instead of having to try to be pinpoint all the time, which is what I have been doing," said Schmidt. "The last game was kind of an eye-opener. It's been a long time since I had a game like that. If they can do some things that can get me over this, I have to be in agreement with it."

Conte said Schmidt mentioned some discomfort after that game and the following day, after prodding by Conte, and confirmed that he had trouble warming up Saturday and agreed to undergo the Monday MRI. Schmidt's elbow was also checked, but nothing was found. Schmidt had shoulder labrum surgery in 2000 and surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon in his elbow in 2003.

"We think this is new," said Conte. "It's what a lot of pitchers get. I don't get caught up in velocity drops, but this was significant and I felt we had to rule out medical problems causing it. We saw what everybody saw. His velocity was not the same as last year."

Schmidt has been shut down for several days to allow the inflammation to clear. He is on medication and his rehabilitation will include strengthening exercises before he resumes throwing. Whether the inflammation is the cause of the loss of velocity -- or a byproduct of some other problem not yet identified -- remains to be seen.

"I think this is something we can handle," Conte said when asked if the injury was serious, "but pitchers' shoulders are not easy to predict."

More medical updates: Hong-Chih Kuo threw an effective bullpen session Tuesday and is scheduled for a simulated game Friday when the club returns home. If all goes well Friday, Kuo is expected to be sent on a Minor League injury rehabilitation assignment.

Perhaps he will join outfielder Matt Kemp, who will join Triple-A Las Vegas on a rehab assignment Wednesday. Kemp is eligible to come off the disabled list April 25 after suffering a slight shoulder separation slamming into the fence at Dodger Stadium during the home opener.

Kemp said he can swing with no restrictions, although his shoulder is still a little tender throwing. He will return to action gradually in Las Vegas, but is likely to be ready by the 25th.

Yhency Brazoban made an impressive first injury rehabilitation appearance for Class A San Bernardino on Tuesday night, retiring the side in order with a strikeout, one day short of exactly one year after undergoing Tommy John elbow reconstruction.

Brazoban, who pitched only the first inning against High Desert, has been setback-free and is a little ahead of schedule in the Dodgers' expectations for his return.

Pierrre's Pack: Center fielder Juan Pierre will host kids from South L.A.'s Blazer Youth Center and give them a special experience at a Dodgers game as part of Pierre's Pack, a season-long initiative that will host 40 different kids from the inner-city youth center at five separate games. Pierre's Pack from the Blazer Youth Center will get to meet and watch Pierre at batting practice on a game day. Photo opportunities with the Dodger center fielder also will be part of the kids' meet and greet. In addition, Pierre's Pack will be given tickets to the game that follows and a meal voucher courtesy of Panda Express.

"This program is very important to me because I really want to give inner-city kids, who might not otherwise have the chance, an opportunity to come out to a big-league ball game," said Pierre. "Hopefully they'll come out and spend some time on the field and it will spark their interest in playing baseball."

Blazer Youth Center will bring the first of Pierre's Pack to the Dodgers game Saturday against the Pittsburgh Pirates at 7:10 p.m. PT.

Coming up: The Dodgers open a two-game set at Coors Field against Colorado on Wednesday night, with Derek Lowe (2-1, 3.79) opposing Rodrigo Lopez (1-0, 1.38). Lowe is 5-2 with a 4.50 career ERA against Colorado and was 2-2 with a 5.17 ERA against the Rockies last year.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2007, 12:12:43 AM »
hottest team in the mlb you heard

rik

« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »
Dodgers jump to an early 2-0 lead.