Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread  (Read 24002 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread
« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »
GO DODGERS 8)

rik

« Reply #391 on: May 06, 2007, 09:56:19 AM »
Dodgers call up LaRoche from Vegas

ATLANTA -- Looking desperately for help at third base, the Dodgers announced on Sunday the promotion of Andy LaRoche from Triple-A Las Vegas and made room for him by placing Marlon Anderson on the 15-day disabled list with a sore elbow.

LaRoche wasn't exactly tearing up the Pacific Coast League with a .235 average and three home runs. But the Dodgers have been starting Wilson Betemit for most of this season and he is hitting .140 with only one home run, which he hit Saturday night as a pinch-hitter.

LaRoche, 23, was given a chance to contend for a roster spot in Spring Training, but batted only .175 with no homers and one RBI. He was promoted over Tony Abreu, who is hitting .357 and has begun playing third base.

Anderson spent most of the spring sidelined with the lingering effects of off-season elbow surgery. He was 4-for-22 this year with no RBIs batting almost exclusively as a left-handed pinch-hitter.

The moves leave the switch-hitting Betemit as the lone left-handed hitter on the bench for the Dodgers.

rik

« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »
Dodgers beat the Marlins last night.  8) Penny with a career high 14 strikeouts, LaRoche with his first two career RBI, and stolen base. Kent homered for the third time this season (all his homers have been on the road).

We got Hendrickson who's been pitching pretty good lately taking the mound tonight against Obermueller.

rik

« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »
Notes: Dodgers shift Abreu to third
Middle infielder trying out new position in Minor Leagues
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

MIAMI -- The Dodgers promoted Andy LaRoche in hopes that he can help with the third-base crisis, but considering LaRoche was struggling at Triple-A, it will take more convincing than a double in his Sunday debut.

In the meantime, management apparently has decided to move talented middle infielder Tony Abreu to third base. Abreu had been playing second base, shortstop and third base (when LaRoche was playing left field), but he's been at third exclusively in the three games since LaRoche left. Veteran Minor League middle infielder Luis Maza was promoted from Double-A to take over second base.

Abreu went 2-for-5 Monday with a double, raising his average to .360 after hitting .340 in Spring Training, and he has some company in the Las Vegas clubhouse wondering what the secret formula is that gets a player to the Major Leagues. Outfielder Larry Bigbie, for example, is hitting .373 after hitting .357 in Spring Training. He has a June 1 escape clause and is expected to leave the organization for opportunities elsewhere.

James Loney, last year's Triple-A batting champ who couldn't make the club off a .414 spring average because Nomar Garciaparra is the first baseman, is batting only .258, which is still better than LaRoche, who was promoted while hitting .235 after hitting .175 in Spring Training.

"I got the call because of the need at the position," said LaRoche. "Obviously, a lot of guys down there are putting up better numbers. I didn't even think about it at the time, I was just excited. I'm sure some of them wish it had been them, but nobody said anything like that, they were all happy for me. I'm sure some were a little disappointed."

LaRoche was at third base again Monday night, dropped from sixth to eighth in the batting order because Russell Martin was back in the lineup hitting sixth.

Little said he would stick with LaRoche "for two or three days to see where it takes us." He had Andre Ethier batting seventh, but said they might flip-flop depending on matchups.

LaRoche was joined in Florida by his father, Dave, a former Major League pitcher and currently the pitching coach for Toronto's Double-A New Hampshire Fishcats in the Eastern League.

Schmidt progressing: That's the daily update from Jason Schmidt, disabled since April 15 with shoulder bursitis.

"Nothing is really important until I pitch off the mound, in a game, probably a rehab start," said Schmidt, who was throwing on flat ground in the outfield with a pitching motion at about half-speed before batting practice.

Early Wolf: Little said pitching coach Rick Honeycutt was mapping out a strategy to deal with Randy Wolf's early inning struggles, which also plagued him in Philadelphia earlier in his career.

Batters are hitting .444 against Wolf in the first 30 pitches of a game this year and .225 from pitches 31-90.

Kuo, Brazoban update: Hong-Chih Kuo pitched four innings in a no-decision Monday, allowing three runs and two homers while striking out five.

Yhency Brazoban pitched a scoreless inning Sunday, but needed 26 pitches to get through it, which is not what Little wants to see. Because his starting pitchers seem no more capable of pitching deep into games than a year ago, he wants relievers who can pitch more than one inning and do it frequently.

"It might be two days before we can use him again," Little said. "I'd like for every pitcher to be able to throw multiple innings. Coming off a surgery like that [Tommy John elbow reconstruction surgery], it's hard to expect more than that."

Not Miller time: Greg Miller, whose longtime shoulder problems have been replaced by major control problems, had the kind of line Sunday that indicates all is not well. In 2 2/3 innings, he was charged with six earned runs on five hits and six walks, with five strikeouts. In his previous start, he allowed six walks in three innings. Miller has allowed 28 walks in 23 1/3 innings.

Lamurra time: In addition to Maza, the Dodgers promoted left-handed reliever B.J. Lamurra from Double-A Jacksonville, and he was the winning pitcher for Las Vegas on Sunday. Lamurra was acquired from the White Sox last year for Sandy Alomar Jr.

No Anderson update: Little said Marlon Anderson, disabled Sunday with a sore elbow, had an MRI on Monday, but results were not yet available.

Chat with Kent: Second baseman Jeff Kent will host a live web chat on dodgers.com on Tuesday at 1 p.m. PT.

Coming up: Mark Hendrickson (2-0, 1.30) opposes Wes Obermueller (1-1, 3.07) on Tuesday at 4:05 p.m. PT

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070507&content_id=1951255&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »
Abreu should stick at 2B, he's the future there

rik

« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »
Abreu should stick at 2B, he's the future there

That's what I was thinking. Isn't this Kent's last year in his contract? They're probably just doing that experiment for this season.

rik

« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2007, 06:17:42 PM »
Bout to go to the game, in a few minutes.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2007, 11:40:01 PM »
just got back from the loss to angels at anahiem. oh well. we still in first place, and the dodgers were WELL represented at anahiem. lol we even had a "lets go dodgers" chant going before the 6th inning. after that we were all pretty much quit. haha

shouts out goes to thoes girls that got kicked out for ripping up the angels foam finger. haha GO DODGERS!!!

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
The entire offense sucks except for Martin and Furcal

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2007, 09:25:05 PM »
wow we got our asses handled by the halos

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »
well we lost the last four in a row... the last game they won i was at ... lol against the Cardinals... but im going again today guys ... so we winning.. if this keeps up ima have to buy season tickets for them to take it all.....

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2007, 03:16:30 PM »
Jason Schmidt had a very good first rehab start. he has a an ERA in the high 7's with a 1-2 record before he got hurt. I dont see him staying healthy for long the last few years with teh Giants he had got hurt too, i think hes on the downslide of his career. But we will have to wait and see the rest of the year,

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2007, 11:31:19 PM »
Jason Schmidt had a very good first rehab start. he has a an ERA in the high 7's with a 1-2 record before he got hurt. I dont see him staying healthy for long the last few years with teh Giants he had got hurt too, i think hes on the downslide of his career. But we will have to wait and see the rest of the year,

not a big giants fan i keep it 510 and fuck wit the A's but i did think it was a great decision to not resign schmidt hes clearly injury prone and on his decline
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2007, 04:43:39 PM »

not a big giants fan i keep it 510 and fuck wit the A's but i did think it was a great decision to not resign schmidt hes clearly injury prone and on his decline

exactly. thats why they didnt. LCL the new BIG 3. Lincecum, Cain, Lowry. Then Zito, thats a deadly 5. They just need a pen and one more big bat. Even jsut a better pen and they probably win the west.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2007, 01:09:37 PM »
It's worth the risk.  With him being healthy, we can expect great things from him.  Zito on the other hand, you can just expect him to be the Zito of the last three years.  A guy that will give you innings, at around a little bit above average.  Our other risk is working out perfectly, just like I thought he would

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4087