Author Topic: Don't you think it's ironic...  (Read 645 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Don't you think it's ironic...
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 06:15:03 AM »
I thought Dre didn't actually smoke in the NWA days, but Snoop and The Pound introduced him to chronic later on.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »

Above The Law:
Then: "Criminals don't use lyrics and define themselves as notorious." - "Murder Rap" (1990)
Now: They went from just "Livin' Like Hustlers" to calling themselves "Black Mafia Life".  Hmmm?

the name of the group is "above the law".
big hutch's name was "cold 187um".
on "livin' like hustlers" above the law had tracks like "untouchable" and were referring to themselves as killers . 

atl immediately started talking "black mafia life" on the vocally pimpin' ep and on n.w.a.'s efil4zaggin.

it's not a contradiction.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »
Rap is a liers music and 95% of the lyrics aren't reality , if u don't have realize that yet....  :-X

I realized that a LONG time ago.  When other DubCC users are arguing about who's "the realest" West Coast rapper, I'm usually the one who points out that almost none of these so-called "gangstas" are at all what their records would have us believe.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 08:54:50 AM »

MC Eiht:
Then: "Me sell dope?  Um, sir.  I'm a rap singer...Won't go down like the Compton gangbanger." - "One Time Gaffled 'Em Up" (1990)
Now: "All I ever wanted to be was a ridah...gat in my waist, Six-'Fo slider." - "Neighborhood Boyz" (2006)

I think that rhymes was just something he said he would tell the cops if he got pulled over

Peacock

• 'G'
  • but no worries, I protected my "investment"
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 09:27:05 AM »
Everybody gotta make living

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 10:49:36 AM »

MC Eiht:
Then: "Me sell dope?  Um, sir.  I'm a rap singer...Won't go down like the Compton gangbanger." - "One Time Gaffled 'Em Up" (1990)
Now: "All I ever wanted to be was a ridah...gat in my waist, Six-'Fo slider." - "Neighborhood Boyz" (2006)

I think that rhymes was just something he said he would tell the cops if he got pulled over

yea, but he still got a point! snoop is a pretty good example too, he is reppin the crip colors more today than he did when he started.

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Eihtball

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 11:14:21 AM »

MC Eiht:

Yeah, and we all know the average gangsta rapper today wouldn't even be worried about that in the least...he'd just grab his chopper and start bussin on the cops.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 12:29:17 PM »

Yeah, and we all know the average gangsta rapper today wouldn't even be worried about that in the least...he'd just grab his chopper and start bussin on the cops.

well, according to lil c style, lil 1/2 dead would not jump out and start bustin' on the cops.

tupac did shoot a couple cops in the ass, so we know where he stands as well.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 04:15:17 PM »
i think "the chronic" was symbolising that it(the cd) is "dope" or something along the lines of that... but i agree it is ironic, but then again 95% rap IS irony.

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »
You can't really get mad at rappers contradicting themselves in general. Krs-One, 2pac, Outkast, Nas, Scarface, and Ice Cube have contradicted themselves numerous times on wax and they're all regarded as all time greats.

I do find the rappers that get jumped into a gang at age 26 kind of funny. WC is an obvious example, on Low Profile, he said "jack ya, attack ya like a gangbanger, but I don't bang" then he sports blue rags 8 years later is strange. That means he would have had to get jumped in when he's nearing 30.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Diabolical

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 06:25:33 PM »
It must have been less than 5 years between WC banging and not because isnt that why he was in WSC? or maybe thats why he is now a gangbanger