Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274735 times)

Geesta

Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5520 on: April 14, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
It's all a bunch of Wrestlemania rematches minus the new Swagger title reign so I think that's why it seems so lame at the moment.

To me, NXT is the best thing the WWE has going for them. I'm digging it lately. It's like a more interesting Tough Enough.

according to the ratings, you might be the only one watching nxt.  :-\

LOL

Sikotic™

« Reply #5521 on: April 14, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »
It's all a bunch of Wrestlemania rematches minus the new Swagger title reign so I think that's why it seems so lame at the moment.

To me, NXT is the best thing the WWE has going for them. I'm digging it lately. It's like a more interesting Tough Enough.

LOL True.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5522 on: April 14, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
Sorry admins, I tried PMing Mo Sav but it wouldn't go through. Last word on the Football, promise

Not Brees Fault that the Colts played soft, but they did and he got the job done, And Coaching has nothing to do with Peyton throwing an Int to Porter to cost the Colts the game, and i never said if Brees was the Colts Qb they would have won, but Brees outplayed Manning, NO MATTER the circumstances, trust me i watch all the little things in the game, but that doesnt change the fact that Drew got it done. I guess Montana wasnt great either cuz the west coast offense had him completing 5-10 yd passes consistently, take off your Manning Blinders and Open youre eyes man..I do think Manning is the best qb in the NFL hes proved that to me over the last few years, but he was far from fantastic in the SB, you cant deny that he got outplayed

I don't want to take away from Brees. I love the guy, and he played exactly as he should have played. The D takes away the deep ball and leave the short routes open then that's where the QB should throw, but when they were playing man to man Brees was sub par in the first 1.5 quarters of this game. The fact that they switched the defense then refused to switch back is grounds for dismissal in my mind.

The INT was a timing route to the #1 WR. Manning threw the ball in time, and on target. The QB can't judge a jump on the route, but the WR can, and the first thing Sterling Sharpe on the NFL network said, the only receiver on the network, was that it was Reggie's fault. As a receiver running a hitch route you have three priorities; get to the spot on time, and catch the ball are two of them. The first priority is make sure you stay in front of the DB at all times. He let Porter get in front and he knows it was his mistake. Manning is supposed to be the leader and he can't say anything but the political answers, and we saw how bad it turned out for him in 05 when he questioned the o-line.

But I want to get away from the the INT because I 100% believe that the only difference that play made was the margin of the victory. Assuming Manning saw the jump and threw a soft lob out-route pass for the 1st down and assuming when they get near the endzone Reggie doesn't drop it on 4th down like he did in the next drive, this makes the score 24-24 with 2 minutes left and Saints have the ball against a team that refused to play pressure D and cannot tackle. At the least this ends 27-24 Saints.

And the reason is not the pick 6, Manning or Reggie's fault, or Garcon's drop on third down, or the o-line's inability to move the line on third and short, or even Manning's ill advised attempt at the end zone to Collie instead of short to Clark on 3rd and 11. This was all due to game philosophies adopted by the Colts that always end up killing them, unless they play a team that shoots themselves in the foot. Have they ever beaten a great team in the playoffs where that team didn't lose it for themselves? I don't so.

They chose to play it safe and wait for mistakes. They chose to not bargain on big plays, they chose to not worry about onside kicks, they chose to try field goals when they were out of reach. The game was completely mis-coached and Caldwell should be fired. Or the could fire Manning, he could walk into the Jets and I'm happy either way.

And the fact that you agree it's a Saints win with the QBs switched shows you what I mean. It's not that I think Manning is all that better than Brees. If I were the Saints GM and had to choose between Brees and Manning, with Sean Payton as my coach, I'd pick Brees because I know he'll follow orders better. Great teams with offensive genius coaches don't need the best QB the game. Since you want to use the head to head argument, look at it in baseball terms.

It's like comparing 1 hitter's game to another hitter's on the other team but the first hitter is batting against the team's ace in a game where he's going for a no hitter, and the other batter is batting against a scrub that's already let up 8 runs but the manager won't pull him. Brees got 4 ABs against a pitcher that kept loading the bases and kept letting runs in and wasn't pulled after his second grandslam and went 3-4 with a base hit and two doubles for 6 RBIs. Manning went 3-4 with a base hit, and two doubles too, but with not as many on base for him to bat-in the RBIs were only 2. Even if he went 4-4 and home-runned that last at bat the game's outcome would not have changed.

I don't think the Colts in that game would have done any worse with Brees as QB or the Saints any better with Manning. I just know this was not a battle of QBs or a QBs game. The Saints D came to win and the Colts D came not to lose.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5523 on: April 14, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »

LOL

I watched, but when their best wrestler goes 0-8, then it's hard to continue to watch.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5524 on: April 14, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »
I don't know much about football, but I know this is in't a football thread.
please keep it to wrestling...you can create another thread to debate the football stuff and probably get more football fans to involved too.

As for NXT, I've never seen an episode. And speaking of NXT, they might start airing on WWE.com if the contract isn't renewed with SyFy.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5525 on: April 15, 2010, 06:08:30 AM »
please keep it to wrestling...you can create another thread to debate the football stuff and probably get more football fans to involved too.

As for NXT, I've never seen an episode. And speaking of NXT, they might start airing on WWE.com if the contract isn't renewed with SyFy.

I know. I'm sorry. No more football. Promise.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5526 on: April 15, 2010, 10:42:07 AM »

I know. I'm sorry. No more football. Promise.

Its alright, I know there's a difference in an opinion on certain things. Thanks for co-operating  :)

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5527 on: April 18, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »
So who's watching or going to watch Lockdown?

Sikotic™

« Reply #5528 on: April 18, 2010, 05:07:17 PM »
So who's watching or going to watch Lockdown?
I should be studying, but I'm checking it out. I just want to see how much more they're gonna bury RVD and Hardy.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5529 on: April 18, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
When and how did Beer Money turn heel again?
And why isn't Douglas Williams the champion?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:22:09 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5530 on: April 18, 2010, 05:24:37 PM »
tna is destroying wwe.....wwe is so fucking bad

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5531 on: April 18, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »
that was a nice finisher by Kazarian.

I have a feeling that Williams will say he never lost it, and he'll have a match against Kaz to determine the X Division Champion.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5532 on: April 18, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »
The volcano in Iceland vs. WIlliams for #1 contendership.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5533 on: April 18, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
The volcano in Iceland vs. WIlliams for #1 contendership.

Williams will win; then Shannon Moore will somehow get to England and try to put make-up on them both.
The Hulkster will Hulk up and destroy all three.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5534 on: April 20, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »
Raw wasn't that bad despite most of the roster not being there.

Couldn't watch Impact but read the results and it seemed like a good episode.