Author Topic: Almost got e-jacked on eBay  (Read 318 times)

K A I N

Almost got e-jacked on eBay
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:02:20 PM »
The seller's account got hacked and they edited his payment method and put in their e-mail address.

Thank goodness the seller was aware and notified eBay  8)

That would have sucked if I had paid the hacker and then had to deal w/Paypal...$500 bucks for Toyota airbags.

WestCoasta

Re: Almost got e-jacked on eBay
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 08:28:16 PM »
that's why I'm afraid to fuck with eBay, I don't wanna get fucked  :P

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
I bought some nike shox TL3 about a month ago and it was fake lol...It looked the same except it was just a replica it wasnt authentic..2 weeks later it started peeling and shit lol. I bought it for $80 so it was good price cuz retail is $150...Anywayz, yeah dont fuck with ebay too much ;D

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »
I bought some nike shox TL3 about a month ago and it was fake lol...It looked the same except it was just a replica it wasnt authentic..2 weeks later it started peeling and shit lol. I bought it for $80 so it was good price cuz retail is $150...Anywayz, yeah dont fuck with ebay too much ;D

before u buy shoes on ebay ask for a authenticity verification on niketalk.com. post the pics and link and ask the pros there if its authentic cuz theyll be able to tell u if it is.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:59 PM »
That's why I always use eBay as a last resort. The people on there are too sheisty.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rik

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 09:56:30 PM »
Fuck eBay.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 10:11:41 PM »
i haven't been fucked with yet. i guess i'm one of the lucky ones. then again, i haven't ordered shit off ebay in about 2 years.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 10:25:27 PM »
I Got lucky with Ebay, i bought 2 Numark TTX, Almost new, for $350 - They go for $400 Each!!! Not A Problem, and its been about a year!!!

Peacock

• 'G'
  • but no worries, I protected my "investment"
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 05:52:24 AM »
Wow that was close

51 cent

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 08:30:34 AM »
that's why I'm afraid to fuck with eBay, I don't wanna get fucked  :P

Word - if it's not somethign liek that it's someone selling some bunk stuff or soemthing...
"Aight, new drink..."

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 10:07:36 AM »
its really not that bad of a place... i mean just look at who you are dealing with before.... feedback acctually works... just deal with the right people and be smart about things.... if someone ask you to pay with western union and direct transfers like that it should automatically raise a red flag...... just dont be dumb... use paypal or an escrow service or something.... and there are quite a bit of protection measures  in place when you use things like that... but i mean you can still screwed over but it dramatically reduces your chances...

We Fly High

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 10:32:51 AM »
ebay for the most part is safe, you have just to do your proper reserach before going into a transaction. just look up their feedback, e-mail them if necessary, and it should be legit. I dont recommend buying electronics (ipods,laptops,etc) off ebay, or anything of crazy significant value, but i mean its pretty legit for erything else.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »
i use it mostly for stuff like old Nintendo games and stuff like that... car chargers for phones, belt clips and stuff dirt cheap.... books... no major electronics as of yet tho... cell phones i would buy tho... stuff like that.... more for vintage stuff..

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »

yeah like people said.. fuck with people with feedback..

i been using it years and never had a problem..