Author Topic: Raekwon taking shots @ the SOUTH & Nas  (Read 554 times)

rip2pac

• 'G'
Raekwon taking shots @ the SOUTH & Nas
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »
Hmmmmm i know the South aint going 2 like these comments by Raekwon
but i agree wit some of it. HE been taking alotta shots @ Nas lately i noticed

For you to keep asking me questions, whatever, whatever. I’ma give it to you, but I can’t even get caught up in any kind of politics no more. It’s about artistry. I’m in there making a painting right now.
I never lost my way. Muthafuckas lost their way, if anything. You got a lot of dudes out there that’s legendary [who] ain’t really got the politics behind their art. My shit stay growing, it’s just that the people need to grow with me. It’s a new generation, [but] I’m from a generation where [everyone is] very solidified in knowing who I am. I can’t keep trying to satisfy everybody that don’t understand.
Either I suck or I don’t suck. It’s like in the Vibe magazine, how the fuck y’all niggas gonna give me two [stars]? How the fuck y’all gonna give me two [stars] and then give [more] to all these country muthafuckas, who I feel really don’t get busy like that. That’s not saying that I don’t got a lot of respect for country niggas, ’cause I do got a lot of respect for country niggas, but that shit is bullshit, man. Niggas is classifying that shit as hip-hop? Get the fuck outta here, man. I ain’t going for that, man.
And I ain’t stooping myself down to another level to be some shit that I’m not. And I ain’t got nothing against nobody in the South. This ain’t me going at the South, ’cause I was the first nigga to give OutKast and them niggas a muthafuckin’ shot in New York. If you really wanna go back and check your history, at who helped muthafuckas’ careers, I was the one that gave Nas his fuckin’ shot. Me and my family. We were the dudes that gave all these niggas a shot…Kanye West, all these niggas, and now muthafuckas act like they don’t got to pay homage? We gon’ make y’all pay homage with this record.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Raekwon taking shots @ the SOUTH & Nas
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »
How's he dissing Nas???He's just saying he was one of the first to feature Nas on his shit.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:30:56 PM »
Who cares about this, release the album god damn it!

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:35:41 PM »
How's he dissing Nas???He's just saying he was one of the first to feature Nas on his shit.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 03:15:41 PM »

raekwon need to sit his big teeth ass down somewhere.. he gotta realize the same people dont review those albums..different people have different point of views.. everybody dont have the same ears.. he dont have to shit on vibe shit on the person who reviewed..

nigga is selfish...

ABN

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 02:47:50 AM »
Rae needs to get his sense slapped back into him if he thinks he has anything at all to do with Nas' success. now if it would´ve been LP who would´ve said it then of course it would´ve been true but Nas would´ve been where he is right now even if Rae was flipping burgers at a restaurant(he´s prolly doin that for rent money anyway).

AndrE16686

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 05:54:42 AM »
Maybe its true, maybe it was him who helped these dudes out, he ain't really dissin them MEGAETHER or anything. He's just sayin his albums  gonna take it back to the time when he was the muthafucka givin people the exposure. On that level when he made records which motherfuckers featured on, instead of him being feature somewhere at the end of a track.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 07:04:58 AM »
He ain't dissing shit, so just wait the album, which is gonna be crazy and STFU until then.

Diabolical

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 08:21:49 AM »
I think he's saying it was The Wu who gave them their shot not just him.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 10:00:04 AM »
I don't see any shots towards Nas there, but towards the South, definately. And I have to say I feel him on this. I don't think everything from the South is bad - far from it. Scarface, Outkast, Devin tha Dude... There's plenty of South talent. But some dudes down there just ain't doing it right. As Katt Williams (aka Money Mike, aka A Pimp Named Slickback) said:

As long as ‘Laffy Taffy’ is out there, I could be a genius, lyrically."

He ain't lying.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 10:41:04 AM »
hes not taking shots at nas. show some respect to a legend too, cuz no way in hell you'd talk shit to his face anyway.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 12:35:52 PM »
I don't see any shots towards Nas there, but towards the South, definately. And I have to say I feel him on this. I don't think everything from the South is bad - far from it. Scarface, Outkast, Devin tha Dude... There's plenty of South talent. But some dudes down there just ain't doing it right. As Katt Williams (aka Money Mike, aka A Pimp Named Slickback) said:

As long as ‘Laffy Taffy’ is out there, I could be a genius, lyrically."

He ain't lying.
hahaha...fuck that laffy taffy bullshit..hahaha... he's right on that one...it's open game for all of us.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

ABN

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 04:51:31 AM »
I don't see any shots towards Nas there, but towards the South, definately. And I have to say I feel him on this. I don't think everything from the South is bad - far from it. Scarface, Outkast, Devin tha Dude... There's plenty of South talent. But some dudes down there just ain't doing it right.
well there´s atleast 10 mc´s from the south who´s a lot better then Rae so his argument doesn´t hold any weight. there´s just as many if not more wack mc´s coming out of NY on these wack dvd´s and shit and i don´t see all of these NY homos gettin bent outta shape when those wack New York mc´s gets some shine.

rip2pac

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 10:49:26 PM »
he been throwing shots @ Nas.........he said awhile back niggas like Nas but they aint feeling Street's Disciple

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »
Niggas is classifying that shit as hip-hop? Get the fuck outta here, man. I ain’t going for that, man.

*bumps the intro to Turk's "Young & Thuggin"*

*bumps Finna Records skit*