Author Topic: islam>>>>>>>>>>>>>Christianity  (Read 314 times)

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
islam>>>>>>>>>>>>>Christianity
« on: May 07, 2006, 05:50:50 AM »
Preachers of two faiths set for a kick-off
ROGER BOYES 

Berlin, May 1: With just over a month to go before the World Cup, a team of imams will play a team of Christian priests.

“It’s been difficult to find a rabbi who will referee on the Sabbath,” sighs Christian clergy Christopher Jage-Bowler, “but we are trusting in God.”

Switching the game from next Saturday to Friday has been ruled out by the Muslim side, since this is their day of prayer. The Christian clergy, meanwhile, have a problem with Sunday. The 44-year-old vicar, mastermind of the seven-a-side match, is confident that the problems will be resolved before kick-off.

The imams are ready to abandon their Kufi hats and the vicars will leave their cassocks in the vestry in favour of orthodox football kit.

The aim is to link the game with a British government-sponsored workshop on racism in football. Leading black players will gather in the British embassy to discuss how to involve more Muslims.

Anyone hoping for a thumping victory for Christianity on Saturday should take note of a similar experiment held in Leicester, where imams and Christian clergy played a game to raise money for charity.

The imams had a clear lead at half time and lent several Quran scholars to the Christian side to prevent a humiliating defeat for the vicars. In the end, Islam thrashed Christianity 6-0.

The under-12s game was also won by the Islamic side after sudden-death penalties.

The choice of referee in Berlin remains a critical point — the Leicester game was refereed by a member of the local Hebrew congregation — since some tricky decisions may have to be made: should the yellow card be shown for blasphemy?

The game is being staged at a highly sensitive moment in Christian-Muslim relations in Germany. The cartoonist of the newspaper Tagesspiegel had to go into hiding after he depicted the Iranian national team as potential suicide bombers.

Across the German Muslim community nerves have been frayed by new citizenship tests to check whether Muslims can conform to German cultural traditions. Aspiring Germans are asked to explain what is meant by the Holocaust. They are also tested on their attitudes to “honour killings” and arranged marriages.

Herr Jage-Bowler was struck how few points of spontaneous contact there were between the Muslim and Christian communities in Berlin. Since the World Cup is being marketed in Germany as a cultural melting pot, the vicar — a colourful character in the Berlin expatriate community and former Moet & Chandon tour guide — thought that football would break down barriers.

This inspired him to contact Imam Harun Bulat, of the Sehitlik Mosque, which has a large Turkish congregation. “I’m hoping it will become a regular event,” the vicar said. “It is, after all, a beautiful game.”

United Arab States

Diabolical

Re: islam>>>>>>>>>>>>>Christianity
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »
lol

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »
man this shit only causes more beef. imagine a muslim kid and how he feels after his team loses in say...penalty shootouts. and all those fuckin christains are celebrating and laughin in the kids face and shit. man, i would   >:( those motherfuckers.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 07:22:12 PM »
if thats the case than

the religion they follow in brazil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any religion in the world

coola

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 12:18:33 AM »
if this ever happen, isnt it obvious islam would lose ? how many countries in the middle-east or asia win the football ? Brazil is Catholic/christian, england is christian, portugal is catholic/christian, how many islamic countries make it to the world cup ? ... and no i'm not saying it's because christians are better, but it's just the way it is...

plus how would an imam play soccer in those robe's they wear ?

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 04:50:59 AM »
How many priests do?

coola

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »
^ i would think alot more christians would have played football as youngsters than muslims... i could be wrong, i just cant picture football being a huge thing in the middle-east..

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:50:07 AM »
football is the only sport in the middle east
United Arab States

coola

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »
football is the only sport in the middle east

really ? i stand corrected then...  :-X

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 07:24:06 PM »
rythym-al-ism>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>islam>christianity>>judaism>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scientology

mistershow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
why can't people just leave religion out of it....it just messes with peoples heads.