Author Topic: any of yall got t-mobile sidekicks?  (Read 440 times)

GangstaBoogy

any of yall got t-mobile sidekicks?
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:20:30 PM »
post up!

i wish i could get a customized sidekick like game.

bws edition

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

We Fly High

Re: any of yall got t-mobile sidekicks?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:25:12 AM »
yeah hjis is pretty sick. i dont own one, but just about everyone i know has one. i have treo instead. i heard t mobile service fucking sucks though. like there will be numerous long periods of downtimes. i just had to go buy my boss one the other week, the mr. cartoon ones.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:37:06 AM »
^i've been with t-mobile for close to 2 years now and i love the service. there has been a few times where my phone calls wont come through and ill just get a voicemail, but 98% of the time they're great
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »
i dunno, might have just been in LA area or something, but all my coworkers sidekicks were like fucked for a month like pretty recently.. like tmails wouldnt go through until several hours later, and then they'd only receive like 50% of their emails..

rik

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 12:35:14 PM »
I don't have the sidekicks but I have t mobile and the service is pretty good. There's certain places spots where I don't get any signal but thats with every phone company.

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 01:09:32 PM »
Blackberry is where it's at...

The Treo isn't half bad either but for Email I think blackberry takes it hands down.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 03:13:38 PM »
T-mobile is actually pretty good

Sidekicks are peices of shit...always have problems

Blackberry's are very user friendly and incredible for email but the sound quality is shit and you're very limited on functions

Treo's are awesome as far as the fact that you can do practically anything with them...The email function needs to get better but Palm & Rim came to some sort of agreement where Palm can start developing a plug in for versamail (The default email app for the treo) that will make it use the Push Email service like Blackberry does.

And yes i do know what im talking about...I have owned A sidekick, a blackberry, and a treo (currently), and I have sold every single one of these phones for years

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »
Blackberry's are very user friendly and incredible for email but the sound quality is shit and you're very limited on functions
Have you used the 8700? It's got perfect sound quality. I use the speaker phone for hours each week and nobody can tell I'm using it. The set itself also has an excellent ear speaker. I've got everything the Treo has on my blackberry and more. PDF, Word documents, web browsing, etc... Sure it may not be included, but it's out there.

SGV

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »
Yea, if you're E-Mailing, roll with the Blackberry. The Treo or any Smartphone is great for PDA purposes, but the e-mailing applications on em could use some help. I have the Cingular 8125 Pocket PC. It shits on the Treo and the Blackberry, as far as I'm concerned.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »
t-mobile is the shittiest phone service in tucson arizona. They always drop calls, calls dont go through, and text messages dont get recieved either. i have cingular and i thought it was bad until my friend got a sidekick and my gf got a job at the mobile.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 05:50:56 PM »
Have you used the 8700? It's got perfect sound quality. I use the speaker phone for hours each week and nobody can tell I'm using it. The set itself also has an excellent ear speaker. I've got everything the Treo has on my blackberry and more. PDF, Word documents, web browsing, etc... Sure it may not be included, but it's out there.

I haven't used the 8700 it looks pretty nice though...I was using the 7100 and it was terrible.

The thing that does bother me about the blackberry is no camera, no expandable memory/mp3, and no navigation pad (only the scroll wheel)....my treo has all those things and costs about the same as a blackberry (and less per month)

it makes me laugh when people (referring to dosia) say "t-mobile is shitty" and whatever....for instance...my sprint kicks ass around here...so does t-mobile...but if you go down to tampa florida t-mobile is pretty decent and sprint drops calls constantly.

Verizon is rumored to have the best coverage and so is cingular...but both my verizon and cingular phones dropped calls all the time around here...

the fact is it just has to do with where you're at...nobody has better or worse coverage than anyone else really...i mean yeah t-mobile does have less towers but if you're in the right area it really doesnt matter. they work in all the major places mostly. Plus t-mobile is picking up the 850 mhz band which is going to make them just as good as cingular if not better

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 06:47:48 PM »
i personly think sidekicks are garbage wen it come to bein a phone but its tyte to chat wit

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 03:59:14 PM »
i personly think sidekicks are garbage wen it come to bein a phone but its tyte to chat wit

amen

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 05:49:35 PM »
i got a sidekick and i think its tight i like it and it does everything i need it to do... mostly make clear calls and text message and instant message....

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
How much they go for?

Personally I think all the hi tech shit sucks. Fuck i-pods I use cd players. Fuck these sidekicks cuz I'm sure they overly priced and ain't worth it. I just stick with my cheap ass flip phone for talking and my slow ass computer for IMing.