Author Topic: Should We Forget About D.R.E.?  (Read 1037 times)

ABN

Re: Should We Forget About D.R.E.?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 05:10:34 AM »
does it matter if itīs a "east coast" album if itīs banging? thatīs what itīs supposed to be about, not if itīs a west or east coast album. and like i said heīs already done 2 straight west coast albums that have put the west on the forefront and if the man wanna try something else then i could give 2 shits if he wanna work with rappers from all over.

coola

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 05:49:35 AM »
every time there is a dre hating thread... i say the same thing... he'll just prove the haters wrong time and time again... he got the same hate after the chronic, same shit happening now.

stop speculating like a girls blouse and have faith in the man..

"when they move their lips just a bunch of jibberish, motherfuckers act like they forgot about dre"

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 07:33:15 AM »
After Dre releases Detox he should just retire.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 08:13:44 AM »
I think the whole coast needs to forget about Dre and focus on creating a whole new damn sound altogether.

Diggfinger

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 08:35:19 AM »
I think hhis beats post-Chronic 2 are all monotonous, drab,  and they all sound the same! Gone are the layered, textured, sonic landscapes that Dre laced us with from Straigh Outta, Efil4Zaggin, Chronic, MUrder Was tHE Case SOundtrack, and his old stuff.

^^ which is exactly why Quik is my favourite producer, he is consistant and continues to amuse and surprise me. Like you said listening to a Dr. Dre beat nowadays just isnt a garantied  :o-experience right now...I dont even care for the latest stuff he has done  :-\

Mack Savage

• Lil Geezy
  • SAN DIEGO UNDERGROUND SCENE
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 11:12:28 AM »
DRE'S NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER..WEST COAST NEED DRE'S PRODUCTION RIGHT NOW.. I GUESS HE AINT SCENE ANYBODY OTHER THAN GAME HE IS WILLING TON WORK  WITH.. HES ALREADY CAME UP OFF THOSE EASTCOAST CATZ. NOW HE NEEDS TO COME BACK HOME.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »
DRE'S NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER..WEST COAST NEED DRE'S PRODUCTION RIGHT NOW.. I GUESS HE AINT SCENE ANYBODY OTHER THAN GAME HE IS WILLING TON WORK  WITH.. HES ALREADY CAME UP OFF THOSE EASTCOAST CATZ. NOW HE NEEDS TO COME BACK HOME.

"Dre's not getting any younger" <---- exactly the reason why people need to stop looking to this guy to change the game or lead the west coast charge. This guy has been paid his dues for 20+ years. Dude's 40-something, he's earned the right to kick back. Someone new has to step up and take the reigns.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 12:13:12 PM »
I don't think this is a dre hate thread...I have to agree 100% with what the threadstarter is sayin...its really Busta's new album that's gettin me interested into Dre beats again...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Funkstradamus

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 12:18:53 PM »
dude is right...i remember when i would have bought an album for one Dre beat....now i dont even get excited anymore when i hear his shit...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »

Dre has to do this "lull" thing so people appreciate Detox more..

RagJ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 02:41:15 PM »
To be honest with you, I havent heard ONE of his beats that doesnt appeal to me. Dude is a genius. I too was kinda dissapointed when I heard some of his newer beats, but they grew on me. I guess it just has to grow on you too. I too am awaiting Detox like everybody else. He just changes his style a lot, but keeps the core. Unlike producers like Scott Storch. Dont get me wrong Storch is VERY talented, but he's just too repetitive, something that DRE is not. Bottom Line is, I wouldnt hang my head down on DRE, he'll come out with Fire like he did with 2001!

the fuck, scott storch is not repetitive, listen to some of the R&B stuff he's done, like Beyonce - Me, Myself & I

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 03:12:49 PM »
Nobody can deny Dre's talent. Dres hasnt been forgotten. Question is, should he? But I think everybody should jump off Dre's nuts an give all these other hungry ass producers n rap artists a chance. It's all on the radio...the commercials...the club Dj's...
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »
Nobody can deny Dre's talent. Dres hasnt been forgotten. Question is, should he? But I think everybody should jump off Dre's nuts an give all these other hungry ass producers n rap artists a chance. It's all on the radio...the commercials...the club Dj's...

I agree. We need some fresh blood around here.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 05:23:22 PM »
The funny thing is that Dre probably wants you to forget about him for a minute, so when his beats finally hit the street, they bang that much more, because they've been anticipated so much. There was a a little period of time from late 2004-early 2005, where Dre had his fingerprints on mad records. Em dropped an album, so did Game, so did 50...Dre was heavily involved in all those albums, so this is what he always does...he lays low for a little while, then drops something dope.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
Dre's beats have been average in the past couple years
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:24:00 PM by Quik is the Name »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....