Author Topic: What would Eazy E's status be today if he were alive?  (Read 819 times)

acgrundy

What would Eazy E's status be today if he were alive?
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:42:03 PM »
Well cube and dre are both known as legends by anyone who even remotely knows anything about rap, and both of their careers are alive and kicking.  Ren on the otherhand is unkown by a lot of people, and I'd say at this point his rap career is over.

Do you think Eazy would be at the Dre/Cube status, or more towards the Ren status?

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: What would Eazy E's status be today if he were alive?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:44:55 PM »
believe me he would be Dre/ Cube status,
if eazy were here, dre and cube would probably be even bigger then they are right now, thats hard to picture cuz there monsters in this game but think about, e was bout to set up nwa all over again, they woulda dropped a bomb album, and the game woulda been frozen.
there was too much shit he had poppin, he was well ahead of his time

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »
In '95 Ren's career was already fading, so I don't think he would of been close to Ren's career. He probably would have got out of the game and ran Ruthless Records. He already had Bone Thugz and BEP on the label.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 05:55:20 PM »
he was bout to do big thangs with LA RIED, they were settin up a all black distrubution ring, he had a movie comin out called SMILING FACES, video games, speakers, he had the radio show poppin, him n yella were bout to drop a bigass compilation album on ruthless,
who knows where the e woulda been today, he was known to elevate the game to antoher level b4 niggas even knew wattsup
first nigga to have a website for his record company was e, he did that shit b4 his passin, dude was a visionary

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 07:08:10 PM »
Eazy would probly be doin charity for people with AIDS.....

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 07:17:42 PM »
hed be the most respected man in rap, cus after death row deteriorated the spotlight would have gone back to him as an executive. i dont think he would have been rapping by as early as '96 or '97, and would do more boss-type shit. bottom line though, i think E would be more of a legend than Dr. Dre or Cube in LA if he was alive today.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 07:49:13 PM »
hed be the most respected man in rap, cus after death row deteriorated the spotlight would have gone back to him as an executive. i dont think he would have been rapping by as early as '96 or '97, and would do more boss-type shit. bottom line though, i think E would be more of a legend than Dr. Dre or Cube in LA if he was alive today.

hell yeah

Eihtball

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:49:19 PM »
Eazy would be 43 today.  How many cats do you know that still sound credible rapping about gangsta shit into theri 40s?  He'd be a has-been in rap, just like Ice-T.  Shit, you just gotta look at his album sales, even posthumously..."Straight Off The Streets of Muthaphuckin Compton" barely went Gold, and even now, most cats don't fuck with his old shit.  Dude's better known for his public persona and his work with N.W.A. than his solo albums, which says a lot about his prospects for longevity.

Maybe he could fulfill the HNIC role, but let's face it - even though he had major success with Bone, they eventually fell off by the late-90s, so it's difficult to think he would've kept Ruthless going successfully.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »
To be real for real, I think he woulda faded off, and woulda been between Ren n Cube/Dre. They probably woulda got cool again, and it might have helped his career and all. But rap wise, he wouldn't have survived at that level. He was one of those rappers that was 80% personality, 20% skill, and he woulda been somebody that certain west coast fans would still like, but he wouldn't have been Cube/Dre at all.

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »
He was one of those rappers that was 80% personality, 20% skill

That's a good way of putting it.  Although I hesitate to say he had even 20% skill given the fact that he relied on ghostwriters for a large part of his career.

acgrundy

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »
now as status wise, I don't just mean how his rap albums are, I mean his career in general.

suckaa free

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 08:41:36 PM »
he was already Dre/Cube(Legend) before he even died.  he had a gang load of artists that was sick on his label; ren, bone thugs, etc.  He would be doing what Dre is doing right now, executive producing everything without the beats.

also if eazy was alive, Ren would have blown up just as huge as Dre/Cube.  Sucks for Ren.   :grumpy:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 09:25:43 PM »
He wouldn't be as bad off as Mc Ren, but he wouldn't be anywhere near as big as some of you are saying. Let's not forget, Dre went to Death Row and really blew up and established himself as a solo artist. Eazy on the other hand released about 30 diss tracks to Death Row. They stopped paying attention to Eazy because they were ALL going platinum and Eazy was just babbling on about a beef that nobody cared about anymore.

Lol @ that shiet about the spotlight going back to him. Spotlights don't go back to artist after they fall off...ask Hammer
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 09:27:18 PM by Baby G »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lo Flya

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »
Yeah I gotta agree that if eazy was still alive he would still be on about the same level as Dre and Cube.

You have to remember that Eazy died 10 years ago, all this internet shit was just taking off then, the internet is where most people find aout about music and artists nowdays. I always wonder what ruthless would still be like if Eazy was still running the company instead of Tomica.

Eazy may not have been the most gifted rapper out there and I don't give a shit that he didn't write his own lyrics, damn, half the artists out there that write there own lyrics talk shit anyway. Eazy had a great feel for the music business and if he was still alive today I think he would still be raking in the money, either through his own alsbums or albums released on his label.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 09:42:21 PM »
also if eazy was alive, Ren would have blown up just as huge as Dre/Cube.  Ren Sucks.   :grumpy: