Author Topic: LATINOS MAKING NOISE, SO WHO'S NEXT??  (Read 750 times)

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
Re: LATINOS MAKING NOISE, SO WHO'S NEXT??
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »
Lil Rob blew up? WTF? LOL.

What about Mellow Man Ace, Frost, Cypress Hill etc.? They faired better than Lil Rob, especially Cypress.

FROST IS NOT LOVED BY THE PEOPLE FOR BEING A SELL OUT .......AND THE REST DIDNT HAVE  A LATINO STYLE ....LIL ROB WILL CONTINUE CUASE HE GOT THE MOST HOOD LOVE AND THE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPPORT HIM .......O.CRUZ IS STILL INTERNET HYPE BUT I SUPPORT HIM 113% .....

The_realest45

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »
lol @ people sayin lil rob blew up he got a lil fame but he didnt blow up did he even go gold maybe blowing for a chicano rapper is different than blowin up for other rappers because he didnt really blow up outside the u.s you still cant find a lil rob album in a major store and lets see how he does with his next album because some rappers show there face with one album and you dont see them on tv again and they end up in the where is he now file
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:26:45 AM by The_realest45 »

SGV

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »
Frost is no longer loved cuz he put braids in his hair and Cholos got mad. But that wasn't until recently. Up until 1997 or so, G-Spot G'z were some of the few West Coast Latinos putting it down.

How could you say Cypress or Mellow didn't have a Latino style? Mellow blew up with "Mentirosa" (!!!!) for godsakes!

S-D-Unit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 02:34:09 PM »
Lil Rob hood love wtf fool doesnt even have a hood.. most people i speak with fuckin hate fool..fool got like car jack twice.... lyrics fuckin sux... regardless if frost a sell out he still did that "latino Style" first cpyress,   

summer nights is fucking weak ass song

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 09:31:05 PM »
IM talking next generation Latin Mc's that could hang with ur new west B. Lamont, ur Game, etc.   
Lil rob did put it down but he started off just like the average chicano rapper redoing oldies which in my book is boo boo..
And about Lil rob having hood luv from Raza yeah but from homies up on that political shit hes "washed up" 

Im still bumbing my music
                                                                 www.myspace.com/hectic 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 09:55:56 PM »
blah...robby is arite...few good songs...maybe he need to switch up or something.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 08:40:05 AM »
The difference between lil rob and omar cruz right now is that omar cruz is gonna be on interscope so you know he is gonna be promoted.  But lil rob came outta nowhere and was on the radio all day and was actually being played on mtv with no interscope and no dre beat.
People all over the u.s. now know lil rob.  Before it was mostly just cali.  And he still kept that same chicano sound.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 10:30:58 AM »
The difference between lil rob and omar cruz right now is that omar cruz is gonna be on interscope so you know he is gonna be promoted.  But lil rob came outta nowhere and was on the radio all day and was actually being played on mtv with no interscope and no dre beat.
People all over the u.s. now know lil rob.  Before it was mostly just cali.  And he still kept that same chicano sound.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 10:47:56 AM »
Back in the WC Killaz days, I wrote an article about Latin Rap, and how artist like Frost, Lighter Shade of Brown, Cyress Hill, Mellow Man Ave and Proper Dos blew up in the mainstream. Too bad that sight is gone, but anyways.

Right now, even though no one wants to admit it, the Latino artist that reopened the doors to westcoast Latinos is Baby Beesh... I mean Baby Bash. Baby Bash had Suga Suga before anyone else had something else, and his originally a Bay rapper, though now he lives in Texas. I remember the summer of '03, I was listening to Power and I heard him on there noon show, and he was talking about this being his first commercial single, which would come out 3 months later, and everyone was like, THAT'S HOT, and they'd played it, that's what did it. After that, Lil' Rob did it right, and came out with Summer Nights, which shocked me to hear it in Minnesota, and Baby Bash is still making singles, but now as a Texan/Southern rapper. Beesh sold out and is now Bash, but Lil' Rob had a couple of singles since, and Omar Cruz is looking to make some noise, and that's what's important. So what if one artist sold out the west, the rest are coming. And I said last time, it's not being racist, but the west needs it's Latinos to pick up some slack to comeback, because Frost, Lighter Shade of Brown, Mellow Man Ace and Proper Dos were all at least gold back then, and Cypress Hill was platnum quite a few times. So now the west needs a Lil' Rob, and Omar Cruz and others to get that status up, and help the west out.

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 10:57:49 AM »
Back in the WC Killaz days, I wrote an article about Latin Rap, and how artist like Frost, Lighter Shade of Brown, Cyress Hill, Mellow Man Ave and Proper Dos blew up in the mainstream. Too bad that sight is gone, but anyways.

Right now, even though no one wants to admit it, the Latino artist that reopened the doors to westcoast Latinos is Baby Beesh... I mean Baby Bash. Baby Bash had Suga Suga before anyone else had something else, and his originally a Bay rapper, though now he lives in Texas. I remember the summer of '03, I was listening to Power and I heard him on there noon show, and he was talking about this being his first commercial single, which would come out 3 months later, and everyone was like, THAT'S HOT, and they'd played it, that's what did it. After that, Lil' Rob did it right, and came out with Summer Nights, which shocked me to hear it in Minnesota, and Baby Bash is still making singles, but now as a Texan/Southern rapper. Beesh sold out and is now Bash, but Lil' Rob had a couple of singles since, and Omar Cruz is looking to make some noise, and that's what's important. So what if one artist sold out the west, the rest are coming. And I said last time, it's not being racist, but the west needs it's Latinos to pick up some slack to comeback, because Frost, Lighter Shade of Brown, Mellow Man Ace and Proper Dos were all at least gold back then, and Cypress Hill was platnum quite a few times. So now the west needs a Lil' Rob, and Omar Cruz and others to get that status up, and help the west out.

TREU LIL ROB HAS SOME OF THE BEST WEST COAST ALBUMS (NOT THE LAST ONE) BUT WITH 1218 PT 2 HE WILL KEEP GOING UP AND THE STREETS ARE LOVING HIM ............AND OMAR CRUZ WILL ALSO KEEP DOING HIS THING

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »
LIL ROB GOT HALF A FOOT IN THE DOOR OMAR CRUZ HAS HIS WHOLE BODY IN THE GAME NO DISRESPECT TO LIL ROB BUT ITS TRUE!!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 09:59:50 PM »
I ain't heard Omar yet on Minnesota radio. That's how I judge it. I've heard Lil' Rob with a couple of different singles, and I've heard Baby Bash in too many singles, but I ain't heard Omar yet. He does got a better deal I imagion, so he might be bigger, but right now his local.

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 08:27:20 AM »
THATS TRUE.  ALTHOUGH IM SHURE LIL ROBS HAD MAJOR LABELS INTERESTED IN SINGING HIM, BUT MAYBE HAS A GOOD LABEL DEAL WHERE HES GETTING A FEW EXTRA POINTS PER UNIT..

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »
wait let me get this str8,

frost gets hated on now by chicanos for braiding his hair? theres GOT to be more to it than that man
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 12:29:24 PM »
wait let me get this str8,

frost gets hated on now by chicanos for braiding his hair? theres GOT to be more to it than that man

WELL COME ON HE COMES OUT SAYING HE IS A GANGSTER.........AND THEN HE CHOOSES TO CHANGE HIS WHOLE STYLE ....COME ON NOW ..............