Poll

Who's Going to the Semis?

Germany
7 (36.8%)
Argentina
12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Quarter Finals: Germany vs Argentina (Match 57)  (Read 1201 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Quarter Finals: Germany vs Argentina (Match 57)
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 03:58:26 PM »
nah heinze was the one who lost it

i'm sure we'll find out what happened soon enough
NO MORE WAR

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 04:43:23 PM »
Messi didn't come in because of the injury to argentina's GK. 

Nice try. Abbondanzieri was the first person to be substuted. Even with the unfortunate injury there were still two substitutes left and they were done all wrong, or all right depending on who you think was calling the shots. Riquelme should have stayed right where he was and Tevez and Rodriguez who were both clearly tired should have been taken out and replaced with Saviola and Messi. Of course if that happened then Argentina would have won and we can't have that in Germany.

Riquelme wasn't coming back down to help Argentina's defense.  Cambiasso was a perfect change.  At that point, Argentina wanted to preserve the win which is the right thing to do.  In the 79th minute, Cruz came in who's a striker that has a better physical presence than any other of their players and would have worked well on set piece defending.   The goal landed right after, and thanks to their GK getting injured the emergency change of Messi coming in for Lucho Gonzales would not be able to come through.  Saviola coming in for Tevez?  Please.  Saviola gets punked around with any good defensive teams. 

Riquelme didn't have to come back on D. He always had the ball and would have kept it away from Germany longer than anyone else. With Riquelme mifdfield and a fresh Saviola (that's the key) with a fresh Messi and Crespo up front they would have scored again. Of course it doesn't matter in the end. The tournament is set up for host teams to do better than they should do. With Germany, who's already a powerhouse they have to win or at least lose in the finals. I also question a few other things; whether the goalie was really hurt. Whether the second goalie could have stopped that slow header. And whether that was a hand swat by Germany in their own zone that was never replayed near the end. I didn't notice it when I watched but the Greek News channel my parents order directly from Greece talked about it in depth and they really have no reason to side with Argentina.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 04:50:29 PM »

Nice try. Abbondanzieri was the first person to be substuted. Even with the unfortunate injury there were still two substitutes left and they were done all wrong, or all right depending on who you think was calling the shots. Riquelme should have stayed right where he was and Tevez and Rodriguez who were both clearly tired should have been taken out and replaced with Saviola and Messi. Of course if that happened then Argentina would have won and we can't have that in Germany.

Riquelme wasn't coming back down to help Argentina's defense.  Cambiasso was a perfect change.  At that point, Argentina wanted to preserve the win which is the right thing to do.  In the 79th minute, Cruz came in who's a striker that has a better physical presence than any other of their players and would have worked well on set piece defending.   The goal landed right after, and thanks to their GK getting injured the emergency change of Messi coming in for Lucho Gonzales would not be able to come through.  Saviola coming in for Tevez?  Please.  Saviola gets punked around with any good defensive teams. 

Riquelme didn't have to come back on D. He always had the ball and would have kept it away from Germany longer than anyone else. With Riquelme mifdfield and a fresh Saviola (that's the key) with a fresh Messi and Crespo up front they would have scored again. Of course it doesn't matter in the end. The tournament is set up for host teams to do better than they should do. With Germany, who's already a powerhouse they have to win or at least lose in the finals. I also question a few other things; whether the goalie was really hurt. Whether the second goalie could have stopped that slow header. And whether that was a hand swat by Germany in their own zone that was never replayed near the end. I didn't notice it when I watched but the Greek News channel my parents order directly from Greece talked about it in depth and they really have no reason to side with Argentina.

It would be silly to have Saviola, Riquelme, Messi and Crespo at the same time in a tight 1-0 match.  Riquelme wasn't the holding the ball anymore, were you actually watching the game?  Do you even realize how Germany scored?  It wasn't just a slow header, lol wow. 

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »
The substitutions cost them the game.....and his job
NO MORE WAR

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 05:03:22 PM »
Messi should have started but there was no he way he was going to come in for Crespo and especially not in the 79th minute in a 1-0 game.  The stats were in his favor, he played the odds well. 

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 05:08:57 PM »
Hate to say i told you so..........

Arne Friedrich was beyond horrible, I hope Germany can improve when Ballack comes back and Friedrich is replaced by some better player like Nowotny or so.

Exactly what i was thinkin. IMO Germany will battle their way 2 the semi's at least......

The Maestro

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 06:51:48 PM »

It would be silly to have Saviola, Riquelme, Messi and Crespo at the same time in a tight 1-0 match.  Riquelme wasn't the holding the ball anymore, were you actually watching the game?  Do you even realize how Germany scored?  It wasn't just a slow header, lol wow. 

If it was all legit and I knew that Germany would not want to lose in their own country and I'd put everyone on at the end, like they did against Serbia when they scored 6 goals. But it isn't legit. It's pro sports. Which means it's just a bit more real than pro wrestling. I took the sign when I saw Rodriguez get yellow carded for getting fouled. Now it would make no sense for one to think you should get carded for getting fouled but if you remember 1990 you'll notice it was that exact play in reverse that caused Germany to win late in the game. German running to the right side with the ball gets slide tackled and gets a penalty kick for the win. But in this case it was a slide tackle for a yellow card. The other difference was that this was a legit foul while the play in '90 was a legal tackle that hit the ball first.

Also, If you watch the goalie when the ball was headed in you'll see that he dives but het doesn't. He looks like he dives for the ball but he doesn't actually moves to his right at all. It was a motionless dive. He could have just stayed standing. The excuse is he was rusty. I also question whether Abbondanzieri was really hurt. Oh well. I could care less. Germany will go on to the final and beat Brazil so they can avenge their 2002 loss like they avenged their '86 loss in '90. Trust me. It's all pro wrestling.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 07:03:30 PM »
The goalie was moving to his left since the ball was originally headed to his left and Klose came in and headed it towards the other direction, therefore unless he's superman he wasn't going to be able to stop that ball after he had made his original movement to the left.  Maxi Rodriguez was clearly diving, there's no doubt about this. Maxi was diving throughout the entire tournament actually, and he finally got a yellow. 

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »
I think Messi would have caused more problems possibly even set up a 2nd for argentina and certainly would have eaten up some time chasing long balls and runnin with the ball

cruz came on and made no contribution thru no fault of his own tho

the manager got it tactically WRONG i.m.o.
NO MORE WAR

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 08:25:56 PM »
The goalie was moving to his left since the ball was originally headed to his left and Klose came in and headed it towards the other direction, therefore unless he's superman he wasn't going to be able to stop that ball after he had made his original movement to the left.  Maxi Rodriguez was clearly diving, there's no doubt about this. Maxi was diving throughout the entire tournament actually, and he finally got a yellow. 

He looks pretty planted to me. He may have been going left initially but he clearly stopped when he saw the header coming (before it was headed) then "dove" to the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Beq3eZmc8N4&search=Germany%20vs%20Argentina

Clearly a dive? You're dreaming. Now It may have been a dive I don't know. Only Rodriguez knows for sure. What we do know for sure, well I do since I've seen the game 3 times already is that his foot definately came into contact with the German defenders and the ball was never touched by the defender. You want to see a dive check out some of Germany's. Particularly the one that caused Argentia a yellow card and the two guys never came into contact. Even the british announcer called that one bullshit.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 08:30:41 PM »
The video proves that I'm right, thanks.  Look at that last replay, find me a goal keeper that will be able to make that sort of movement, and I'll call him a god. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:42 PM »
The video proves that I'm right, thanks.  Look at that last replay, find me a goal keeper that will be able to make that sort of movement, and I'll call him a god. 

You think people that can go from planted upright positions to right side leaps two feet away are Gods? To each his own. I think pro sports are a business and a political tool used to control the masses and I think the world leaders are smart enough to know and take advantage of that fact. I'm not mad Argentina lost. I understand it and if Messi really is the next Maradona then I think Argentina will win in '08 or lose a greuler to Brazil in hte finals. Saviola, Tevez, Messi, Cambioso, and Rodriguez will still be in their 20s in '08 and Crespo and Sorin should be playable. That'll be a team to watch.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »
Gods because they will be bending physics, momentum can't just be paused and changed the other way in a split second.  Yes, Argentina will definately be favorites in 2010.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
BUENOS DIAS ARGENTINA  8)

HEINZE = BITCH ASS  8)

the streetz went buckwild the whole night  8)

54, 74, 90, 2006 JA SO STIMMEN WIR ALLE EIN, MIT DEM HERZ IN DER HAND UND DER LEIDENSCHAFT IM LAND WERDEN WIR WELTERMEISTER SEIN!!!! biAtch!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 09:39:29 PM »
Gods because they will be bending physics, momentum can't just be paused and changed the other way in a split second.  Yes, Argentina will definately be favorites in 2010.

2010. That's right. I don't know why I said '08.

It still looks to me like he was planted then moved right. I don't think he missed on purpose. I just think he was rusty. What I question in the fixed part of the game was Abbondanzieri's injury. While I do think it didn't look like that bad of a hit. I know he could get up and play and when he complained he was standing and walking. Then all of a sudden he can't move. I also wonder where Maradona was. You'd think he'd be all over a game against his old finals rivals. Maybe his buddy Fidel tipped him off and told him the news. ;)