Author Topic: Superman Returns  (Read 774 times)

Big BpG

Superman Returns
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:48:30 AM »
Who's going to see it? I've always been a Superman fan. I'll be going tonight to see it tonight... I'll post my review after I see it.

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Superman Returns
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
Batman > Superman.

Shit looks too childish for me...

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »
i'll see it, but not this weekend

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 01:06:49 PM »
Batman > Superman.

Shit looks too childish for me...

Despite the rave reviews I can't imagine it being better than Batman Begins, but Superman from the 70s was better than every other superhero movie next to Batman Begins.

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »
i will be seeing it without a doubt
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »
Batman begins is an excellent movie. It was the first time I watched a batman movie and thought... "wow, batman is cool" ... All the other batman movies were terrible... I did not like one until batman begins... as for superman, the first reeve movie was spectacular... and so was the 2nd... the third and fourth weren't as good, but those first two were awesome... As for this new, it seems like it will be on par with "batman begins" ... I expect Superman to have some qualities like the old films and some creative qualities like the new batman. It looks darker than most superman movies... I'm anticipating it. I hear it's almost 3 hours long... that makes it exciting

From '93 to '05

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:14:45 PM »
"Batman" and "Batman Returns" shits on anything the "Superman" franchise has put out AND "Batman Begins"...

rik

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:06:36 PM »
"Batman" and "Batman Returns" shits on anything the "Superman" franchise has put out AND "Batman Begins"...
Yeah "Batman Returns" is my favorite Batman and probably favorite superhero movie. "Batman Begins" is also very good. Oh and Michael Keaton was by far the best Bruce Wayne.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 09:59:50 PM »
WORD cant fuck with the Prince Soundtrack either!

Big BpG

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 12:23:33 AM »
Just got back from the movie. Awesome? Good? OK? Bad?

The movie was very good. Not Awesome, but more than good. Superman fans will definetly enjoy this one. There are many many references to the old films and a lot of humour that you'll find funny only if you've seen the first movies. Routh's character plays Superman quite well. He resembles Reeve in so many ways even down to the way he talks. He does at time seem young for the role, but he pulls it off. I love the Lois character, very well done and Spacey does excellent as Lex.

The one downside is the special effects. They're excellent, in fact great, but there isn't anything that we haven't seen in past superman movies. He flies, he has eye beams, he can breathe cold air, he has super strength, and he's the man of steel.

The plot is good, they organized the main story well. The story does have one big surprise. In fact a HUGE surprise that I won't spoil for anyone. Either way, this movie will have a sequel... the actors have already talked about the sequel, but you can't help but wonder where these films are headed... can Superman just continue to fight bad guys over and over again...

Well here's my theory...

**SPOIL WARNING**

This spoiler doesn't ruin the plot in anyway, but in one scene, superman is saving people from evil. He's seen in Moscow, He's seen in New York, London and then he is seen in "Gotham" ... so this is the first time Gotham is mentioned in any superman movie... if you've paid real close attention to superman, you'll know that about two years ago there was talks of a "batman vs superman" movie... however that idea fizzled and in sprang the idea of creating two new movies... "Batman Begins" and "Superman Returns"
So, with the success of Batman, and the probable success of Superman comes the idea that these two characters will find themselves on screen together... in fact, if you watched the MTV movie awards, you'll remember Christian Bale saying to Brandon Routh "Sorry Superman, but Batman is the Bad Ass" ... while it was an improv quote, you can't help but wonder if these two films will collide into one.

**END OF SPOILER**

In the end Superman Returns is a must-see for Superman fans and fans of the genre. It has the love story, It has the action, It has it all... and remember, There is one HUGE SPOILER... here at least in our theatre, the people gasped.

-BpG

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 07:40:59 AM »
I'm definately going to see it tonight.  You can't go wrong with superman, even the comic books, when they got lazy and were just doing tired plots, it was still pretty good because the character is so fucking strong. 

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 08:31:07 AM »
I might go out to the movies for this one, it looks interesting.

I didn't think much of Batman Begins, I actually found it quite boring. Superman Returns on the other hand looks great, well, the preview does. It's all you need for a superhero movie......full on action, amazing special effects and a straight forward storyline. Forget tryna make a superhero real, you kinda sway from the genre.

Batman & Batman Returns were the shit!!!!! Especially the villians in both movies!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:33:19 AM by Nutty »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
It was pretty good. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 09:54:54 PM »
I saw it, they did a good job with the movie. 

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 10:20:02 PM »
Superman vs Batman is on the cards, but it will be Superman & Batman, they won't be fighting, so it will be a 'Worlds Finest' of sorts.. and it wont be until after another movie or so of each character if it ever happens
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden