Author Topic: What the fuck was up with marlon brando (R.I.P.)?  (Read 260 times)

westkoastanostra

What the fuck was up with marlon brando (R.I.P.)?
« on: July 05, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »
dude didnt show up to receive his 2nd oscar for the godfather in 73'...but instead sent a supposedly indian lady to receive it....and i heard he fired the director of "the score" in 2001 and robert de niro had to finish directing it....anyone know why dude acted like this? he seemed like the biggest dick in the world...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: What the fuck was up with marlon brando (R.I.P.)?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 01:23:52 PM »
he was always an anti celebrity

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 03:28:41 PM »
He was kinda like yesterday's Johnny Depp, except 100X better.

I still think he and Michael Jackson would kick it together and decide how they can fuck with the media.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 04:01:12 PM »
He declined the Oscar for Godfather. As far as I know he ever took it at all and he sent the young native girl to decline it for him because he was very appauled with the racism in Hollywood, particularly the portrayal of native Americans.

I'm not sure about the reasoning he had about his difficuty with Oz.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »
I love the sig SIK, Dipset Bitch!

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 05:09:42 PM »
He was a strange man.  Lots of things contributed to it... for one, he was incredibly intelligent which is often a curse to people, they get all caught up in being right and smarter than everyone else and it makes them socially outcast.

Michael Jackson paid him 1 million dollars to show up at his New York concert in 2001... Brando sat on stage in a big chair and just rambled for 15 minutes about how their were millions of kids dying all over the world right now, then had the crowd be silent for 60 seconds while he snapped his fingers and said that was like 10,000 kids dying or something.

Jackson also paid him 5 million dollars to star in his film "Rock My World", I think that was the last movie he was in. 

westkoastanostra

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 10:03:44 PM »
then it preety much makes sense now

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:29 AM »
He was a strange man.  Lots of things contributed to it... for one, he was incredibly intelligent which is often a curse to people, they get all caught up in being right and smarter than everyone else and it makes them socially outcast.

Michael Jackson paid him 1 million dollars to show up at his New York concert in 2001... Brando sat on stage in a big chair and just rambled for 15 minutes about how their were millions of kids dying all over the world right now, then had the crowd be silent for 60 seconds while he snapped his fingers and said that was like 10,000 kids dying or something.

Jackson also paid him 5 million dollars to star in his film "Rock My World", I think that was the last movie he was in. 
dam good shit man i didnt know that

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 12:44:34 AM »
He wanted to join The Black Panthers.

www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 12:53:02 AM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »
Watch the Jack Nichoalson Biography, he explains how difficult it was to work with Brando & how he hated the guy. Jack & Brando in the end though they ended up becoming very good friends.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 09:24:56 AM by Perfection »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 03:18:25 AM »
they were neighbors in LA for a long long time, and jack even bought brando's old house

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 09:40:37 AM »
they were neighbors in LA for a long long time, and jack even bought brando's old house

Word.  I saw a picture of Brando's house - on the roof he had the words "PISS OFF!" in huge capital letters dyed into the shingles for all the papparazzi that were flying over trying to get pictures of him.