Author Topic: Daz and Kurupt are Legends.  (Read 818 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
Daz and Kurupt are Legends.
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:49:40 PM »
I think that it is safe to say that Daz and Kurupt are legends in the rap game.  I mean Dogg Food was a groundbreaking album.  Daz is a legend just from the "Gangsta Party" track that he did with Snoop and Pac.  Kurupt is a legend from the sh*t that he spit on doggystyle alone; his verse on "Aint No Fun" is a classic rap verse.  I think they are both legends. There time may be running up because the game has changed, but they are westcoast legends no matter what happens.  Do you all agree? Are DPG legends or what?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Daz and Kurupt are Legends.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:32:29 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree. Since Dogg Food came out, Kurupt hasn't done anything groundbreaking in hip hop. A side from his earlier productions the same thing can be said for Daz. They are West Coast ledends in their own right, but not in hip hop overall.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:11:18 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree. Since Dogg Food came out, Kurupt hasn't done anything groundbreaking in hip hop. A side from his earlier productions the same thing can be said for Daz. They are West Coast ledends in their own right, but not in hip hop overall.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:02:32 PM »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 03:06:16 PM »
dpg are legends even though they somewhat fell off.

they helped change the game in the early 90s and are still droppin albums all the time..

not many other rappers have been successfull for that long

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

ThA KiD

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
i wouldnt call them successful, they fella off hard and a long time ago. they had a good run for like what 3 years, i wouldnt call that long.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »
dpg are legends even though they somewhat fell off.

they helped change the game in the early 90s and are still droppin albums all the time..

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »
I think that it is safe to say that Daz and Kurupt are legends in the rap game.  I mean Dogg Food was a groundbreaking album.  Daz is a legend just from the "Gangsta Party" track that he did with Snoop and Pac.  Kurupt is a legend from the sh*t that he spit on doggystyle alone; his verse on "Aint No Fun" is a classic rap verse.  I think they are both legends. There time may be running up because the game has changed, but they are westcoast legends no matter what happens.  Do you all agree? Are DPG legends or what?

On point even though some of their newer material is mediocore they're still West Coast legends (92-98) nobody can take that away from them!

I mean Kurupt dropped some of the hardest verses ever spit on a West Coast record and Daz, well let's just say at one point I was feeling his production skills more than Dre's... 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted, Way Too Major, Me In Your World, Dogg Food album, Retaliation Revenge And Get Back album damn...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Jome

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 04:39:12 PM »
DPG fell off harder than Prodigy of Mobb Deep.  :-\

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »
the problem was that "dogg food" was that good an album it was always going to be hard to re'create or come close to its success again.. for thier early chemistry and achievement on the mic then id hale then as legends, mainly focusing on kurupt because i still think he was the most talented artist the west produced but no hiding for the success he had, it went to his head and made him very lazy which inturn made him fall off somewhat..

Diabolical

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 05:56:30 PM »
I think they are legends, They've had more good albums than Snoop...

acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 05:56:59 PM »
naw.

Dogg Food is one of my favorite albums ever, same with RR&GB, but they are not legends.  If they were legends, cali is active would be doing a lot better.

cube is a legend.  He been in the game longer than dpg, and he dropped an album same time as dpg, but his album is doing way better sales wise, and it is way better music wise.

Not to mention they have tarnished their career with about a dozen albums between them (Against the Grain, I Got Luv in these streets, dillinger and young gotti 2, same day different shit, etc.)  They have dropped equally the amount of good albums as the amount of bad albums.  That is just simply not Legend ratio.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 05:57:49 PM »
Yeah Daz and Kurupt have def had more quality albums then snoop but snoop hasnt really had that many good albums lol

Doggpound Westcoast legends : Yes.
Hip Hop Legends : No

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 05:59:27 PM »

Doggpound Westcoast legends : Yes.
Hip Hop Legends : No

Exactly!

~Loyalty Is Everything~