Author Topic: Everyone Talks About Kurupt Fallin' Off........What About Daz?  (Read 601 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Everyone Talks About Kurupt Fallin' Off........What About Daz?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »
You cant really say Daz fell off hard on the mic cause even at his best he wasnt that much different then he is now, Daz has always rapped about the same things.  With Kurupt its different cause in his prime he was as lyrical and deadly as any other rapper around and now he is basically average.  Right now I still would rather listen to Kurupt over Daz but in terms of who fell off the hardest, its gotta be Kurupt.

I can kind of agree with that. But on Dogg Food Daz had some HOT verses? When was the last time you can say that? so yes Daz has fell off, and his flow used to be so much better...here is a Daz verse from Dogg Food. This is WAY better then anything he has done in years....
He may talk about the same shit he always has but his lyrics nor his flow are quite as good.
[Dat Nigga Daz]
        Now there's, nowhere, for me, to turn
        There's nowhere for me to hide from reality
As complex as the situation gets
I remain I maintain, ain't that much strain
To make me twist myself like Kurt Cobain
Ahh shit, I don't believe this
Some niggaz that I fucked with tryin to pull a twist
But ain't that much twistin in existance
And this is how you show me love
It shows me exactly what money's capable of
Now is it that expenses that make you wanna catch me slippin
and pay a visit, cause this is, for all my homies
(all my homies) for jackers only
Come twist, to the fools in L.A. that know me
I'm back with the fifth of Henn
Kurupt and Dat Nigga Daz on the mash again

There's nowhere for me to hide from reality (reality)
        *repeat 2X*

[Dat Nigga Daz]
I give it to you like it is, got no time for no games
in the world of madness, will my composure be the same
Will my friends be around when they rush me in the ground
a lost soul lost forever, never ever to be found
Life ain't what it seems, for the niggaz full of schemes
on the hood full of cash don't wanna blast for the green
These six bitches wanna get a nigga caught up
for what, a simple nut, a simple fuck

Yeah that was tite, he ripped his verse on Got My Mind Made Up and he ripped some verses on DoggFood aswell.  I wish right now that Daz and Kurupt would take more time with their projects and work a little harder.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 11:20:44 AM »
You cant really say Daz fell off hard on the mic cause even at his best he wasnt that much different then he is now, Daz has always rapped about the same things.  With Kurupt its different cause in his prime he was as lyrical and deadly as any other rapper around and now he is basically average.  Right now I still would rather listen to Kurupt over Daz but in terms of who fell off the hardest, its gotta be Kurupt.

I can kind of agree with that. But on Dogg Food Daz had some HOT verses? When was the last time you can say that? so yes Daz has fell off, and his flow used to be so much better...here is a Daz verse from Dogg Food. This is WAY better then anything he has done in years....
He may talk about the same shit he always has but his lyrics nor his flow are quite as good.
[Dat Nigga Daz]
        There's nowhere for me to hide from reality
As complex as the situation gets
I remain I maintain, ain't that much strain
To make me twist myself like Kurt Cobain
Ahh shit, I don't believe this
Some niggaz that I fucked with tryin to pull a twist
But ain't that much twistin in existance
And this is how you show me love
It shows me exactly what money's capable of
Now is it that expenses that make you wanna catch me slippin
and pay a visit, cause this is, for all my homies
(all my homies) for jackers only
Come twist, to the fools in L.A. that know me
I'm back with the fifth of Henn
Kurupt and Dat Nigga Daz on the mash again

There's nowhere for me to hide from reality (reality)
        *repeat 2X*

[Dat Nigga Daz]
I give it to you like it is, got no time for no games
in the world of madness, will my composure be the same
Will my friends be around when they rush me in the ground
a lost soul lost forever, never ever to be found
Life ain't what it seems, for the niggaz full of schemes
on the hood full of cash don't wanna blast for the green
These six bitches wanna get a nigga caught up
for what, a simple nut, a simple fuck

Yeah that was tite, he ripped his verse on Got My Mind Made Up and he ripped some verses on DoggFood aswell.  I wish right now that Daz and Kurupt would take more time with their projects and work a little harder.

Yup! But I think Kurupt took time on the SDDS album you can tell.

The Best of 3 Worlds

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »
first of all, daz always had someone helpin him in the studio
hes always had to have a hand to make dope music
ie. soopafly, mike dean
who doesn't have help in the studio?

pretty much every producer does... name any big name and they have teams

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »
what?  Daz is sick right now, dudes dropping heat....I duno what you guys are talking about....pretty much every track Daz has come out with in the last year or so has been a banger.......Daz solo tracks >>>>>>>DPG, 213, Doggpound tracks

Quadruple OG

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »
Daz was never really a beast on the mic to begin with (at least compared to Kurupt and Snoop).  He's be using the same verse over and over for some songs (see "Gangsta walk", "Change tha game (remix)", and "Gangsta Rap")

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 04:03:11 PM »
what?  Daz is sick right now, dudes dropping heat....I duno what you guys are talking about....pretty much every track Daz has come out with in the last year or so has been a banger.......Daz solo tracks >>>>>>>DPG, 213, Doggpound tracks

I think Daz has been consistent over the years.  I've always dug his flow and delivery.  Dont know what people see wrong with Daz but he always comes tight to me.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 04:04:57 PM »

I think Daz has been consistent over the years.  I've always dug his flow and delivery.  Dont know what people see wrong with Daz but he always comes tight to me.
same man, Daz is one of my favs....his flow is sick 8)

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 04:21:36 PM »

Hell yea, have you seen this new video called Thang On My Hip.  You see Daz sporting a tight OG LA hat.  So So Gangsta is shaping up to be real nice.  Cant wait for it to drop:

Daz - Thang On My Hip

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »
wasnt crack already responsible for the fall off?

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 04:48:10 PM »

Hell yea, have you seen this new video called Thang On My Hip.  You see Daz sporting a tight OG LA hat.  So So Gangsta is shaping up to be real nice.  Cant wait for it to drop:

Daz - Thang On My Hip

ya I watched the video....Daz has put out like 3/4 videos in the last month....all the So So Gangsta tracks Ive heard so far have been fire....Im sure that album will be dope.

Diabolical

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »
Daz hasn't falling off, he raps the same way he's been rappin since Day 1 on almost every collab and solo project with almost zero change up...Saying Daz fell off is like saying Warren G fell off...both them dudes been rappin the same way since the early 90's

Has he hell.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
Here's your typical Daz verse nowadays...Make sure to read it while you're taking a shit:

Get cha walk on, throw up ya set,
Yea get it how you livin' nigga rep music,
Diamonds on my neck diamonds on my wrists,
Just a lil somethin playa yeea money aint shiiiiiit.
You know da clubs so packed, girls so stacked,
Me and my niggas smokin chronic in da back,
Got ass so fat, i like it like that,
When she get up all on it ill beat it from the back.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »
Daz has fell off guys..I know you dont want to admit it but he has. He still gets me hyped and i like his voice and flow, but he was much better back in the day. Just go check his older verses compared to now.

The Best of 3 Worlds

PLANT

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 06:39:51 PM »
Daz has never been, or claimed to be a good lyricst....He has a good Mic presence, and spits a nice flow....take him for what hes worth....If you wanna hear some crazy lyrics go buy a Rass Kass or Canibus album :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 06:44:21 PM »
Daz has never been, or claimed to be a good lyricst....He has a good Mic presence, and spits a nice flow....take him for what hes worth....If you wanna hear some crazy lyrics go buy a Rass Kass or Canibus album :P

He HAD good mic-presence...Now it's the same ol' yelling and screamin' "Gangsta Crunk" shit every time...Not saying he's like Dipset whack, but he definitely was a lot better... yes, even on the lyrical tip...PeACe