Author Topic: Everyone Talks About Kurupt Fallin' Off........What About Daz?  (Read 603 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I mean, Daz was never known for his skill in rapping, but at least back in the days he used to come with a cool ass laid back flow, nowadays, he ALWAYS sounds straight up constipated on the mic, like he forces it or something. Even on songs that are SUPPOSED to be laid back, like "Fucc Dreamin The Same Dream"...And what happened to being one of the illest producers ever? Daz rarely makes beats anymore, hell, a fucking Dogg Pound album was released with no Daz beats! That's probably worse than a 213 album with no Warren G beats...And when he does decide to get behind the boards, his beats aren't nearly as crisp as they used to be...I honestly think crack should be held responsible for the downfall of Kurupt & Daz...PeACe

westkoastanostra

Re: Everyone Talks About Kurupt Fallin' Off........What About Daz?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:46:02 AM »
his beats arent as good as b4 cuz b4 he had dre and some other ppl help him.....but yea i hate the way he raps these days...it sux...back then he was the shit....he and kurupt both suck ass...but i feel kurupt more...his voice doesnt make my ears fall off...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:51:25 AM »
Yeah Daz isn't as good now but he hasn't fell off as bad as Kurupt. Nowadays Daz>>>>>>>Kurupt.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 09:52:49 AM »
his beats arent as good as b4 cuz b4 he had dre and some other ppl help him.....but yea i hate the way he raps these days...it sux...back then he was the shit....he and kurupt both suck ass...but i feel kurupt more...his voice doesnt make my ears fall off...

LOL...It's not even his voice, it's the way he pushes his words out that makes him sound like that. And I know Dre was a huge influence on his beats from his Death Row days, but he still had ill ass beats post-Dre, though I guess Mike Dean took Dre's place? I don't wanna discredit anything he's done, cuz I'm pretty much a fan (despite the fall-off), but Daz needs to step his game up, he can't just come with the same ass shit all the time and expect people to eat it up, in my opinion, they (Kurupt & Daz) need to put in a lot more work/effort into their shit...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:55:04 AM »
Yeah Daz isn't as good now but he hasn't fell off as bad as Kurupt. Nowadays Daz>>>>>>>Kurupt.

I disagree...They both ain't sayin' shit anymore, but at least Kurupt still has that cool voice/flow, as opposed to Daz who sounds like a cracked out rapper tryna imitate the crunk style unsuccessfuly...

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 10:22:16 AM »
Daz hasn't falling off, he raps the same way he's been rappin since Day 1 on almost every collab and solo project with almost zero change up...Saying Daz fell off is like saying Warren G fell off...both them dudes been rappin the same way since the early 90's

Dre get's alot more credit for shit that he doesn't deserve...not saying that Dre didn't assits or influence here and there on the boards with DR, but Daz still produces solid material without Dre and really doesn't need or hasn't needed Dre in 8+ years

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 10:26:29 AM »
actually he did some good production on Kurupt's new album

but yeah, both them have declined... it happens, they've run out of shit to say, it's been fuckin 14 years  :)

Matty

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 10:27:50 AM »
i think daz is still alright he drops some catchy rhymes. definitely hasn't fallen off like kurupt who is terrible on all the latest dpg shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »
Daz hasn't falling off, he raps the same way he's been rappin since Day 1 on almost every collab and solo project with almost zero change up...Saying Daz fell off is like saying Warren G fell off...both them dudes been rappin the same way since the early 90's

Dre get's alot more credit for shit that he doesn't deserve...not saying that Dre didn't assits or influence here and there on the boards with DR, but Daz still produces solid material without Dre and really doesn't need or hasn't needed Dre in 8+ years

LMAO. Have you even heard Daz in the past? Listen to a song like Nate Dogg Feat. Daz - "These Days" or Dogg Pound - I'll Do It". Then listen to anything he's done recently...If you don't see the difference, someone needs to cut off your ears...PeACe

XaNdEr

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:32:26 AM »
kurupt still better on the mic tho

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »
You cant really say Daz fell off hard on the mic cause even at his best he wasnt that much different then he is now, Daz has always rapped about the same things.  With Kurupt its different cause in his prime he was as lyrical and deadly as any other rapper around and now he is basically average.  Right now I still would rather listen to Kurupt over Daz but in terms of who fell off the hardest, its gotta be Kurupt.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »
You cant really say Daz fell off hard on the mic cause even at his best he wasnt that much different then he is now, Daz has always rapped about the same things.  With Kurupt its different cause in his prime he was as lyrical and deadly as any other rapper around and now he is basically average.  Right now I still would rather listen to Kurupt over Daz but in terms of who fell off the hardest, its gotta be Kurupt.

It's not about the lyrics, Daz was never a lyricist to begin with, it's about his delivery, his voice, his flow...It was a lot smoother back in the days, way easier to listen to. The fact that his production fell off even harder than his rapping is what makes his falling off worse than Kurupt's...Kurupt still has almost the same delivery and flow, it's just that he fell off with his lyrical skill...Like I said, it's what crack'll do to ya...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 11:06:26 AM »

I can kind of agree with that. But on Dogg Food Daz had some HOT verses? When was the last time you can say that? so yes Daz has fell off, and his flow used to be so much better...here is a Daz verse from Dogg Food. This is WAY better then anything he has done in years....
He may talk about the same shit he always has but his lyrics nor his flow are quite as good.
[Dat Nigga Daz]
        Now there's, nowhere, for me, to turn
        There's nowhere for me to hide from reality
As complex as the situation gets
I remain I maintain, ain't that much strain
To make me twist myself like Kurt Cobain
Ahh shit, I don't believe this
Some niggaz that I fucked with tryin to pull a twist
But ain't that much twistin in existance
And this is how you show me love
It shows me exactly what money's capable of
Now is it that expenses that make you wanna catch me slippin
and pay a visit, cause this is, for all my homies
(all my homies) for jackers only
Come twist, to the fools in L.A. that know me
I'm back with the fifth of Henn
Kurupt and Dat Nigga Daz on the mash again

Now there's, nowhere, for me, to turn
        There's nowhere for me to hide from reality (reality)
        *repeat 2X*

[Dat Nigga Daz]
I give it to you like it is, got no time for no games
in the world of madness, will my composure be the same
Will my friends be around when they rush me in the ground
a lost soul lost forever, never ever to be found
Life ain't what it seems, for the niggaz full of schemes
on the hood full of cash don't wanna blast for the green
These six bitches wanna get a nigga caught up
for what, a simple nut, a simple fuck

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 11:08:40 AM »

It's not about the lyrics, Daz was never a lyricist to begin with, it's about his delivery, his voice, his flow...It was a lot smoother back in the days, way easier to listen to. The fact that his production fell off even harder than his rapping is what makes his falling off worse than Kurupt's...Kurupt still has almost the same delivery and flow, it's just that he fell off with his lyrical skill...Like I said, it's what crack'll do to ya...

Yeah I can agree with that, Daz actually did some really good production on Kurupts new album but yeah overall his beats have fallen off alot, and I also agree that his delivery isnt what it used to be cause now adays he tries to rap to loud he should go back to the days when he ws laid back and smooth.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »
first of all, daz always had someone helpin him in the studio
hes always had to have a hand to make dope music
ie. soopafly, mike dean

second of all, dre used to mix his shit....thats why dogg food sounded good. and thats why his all eyez on me work sounded good, cuz quik mixed that album practically

i will reserve judgement on dazs beats till i hear so so gangsta
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll