Author Topic: Clerks II  (Read 439 times)

Sikotic™

Clerks II
« on: July 22, 2006, 01:50:58 AM »
I left the theater with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Easily the funniesty movie of 06 thus far. If you loved the OG, you're in for a treat. Dipset.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Clerks II
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 03:33:18 AM »
i love clerks, mall rats, jay and silent bob, ect al those movies BUT i wasn't expecting too much out of this movie......

....i'm going to tell all of you RIGHT NOW, that the commercials don't do this film justice.

good fuckin movie...even if you don't look at it as a comedy. it's one of those movies (if you have a brain) that makes you examine your life and the people around you.

and on the comedy side of things....FUCKING HILARIOUS, jay and silent bob have fuckin moments here that will leave you with a side cramp. and there's tons of other shit like siko said that will make you leave the theater red in the face.

poor donkey,lol,  that's all i got to say

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 07:43:59 AM »
Oh hell yes im going to c this!.....

The Maestro

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 08:30:51 AM »
I left the theater with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Easily the funniesty movie of 06 thus far. If you loved the OG, you're in for a treat. Dipset.

Thank God. A lot of the reviewers were trashing it calling it stupid and pointless, I had hoped that it was because they either didn't receieve their cheques from Smith or were trateing like a serious film. One critic blasted the film for it's unrealistic message and character build towards Dante. Shit, you don't go to Clerks for epic storytelling or high art. You go to laugh, and if you get offended by certain words that shouldn't offend you then you shouldn't review it. I hate it when newspapers do that. You don't send a hip hop critic to a heavy metal show and you don't send your top wine guy to see Clerks. I'm really looking forward to it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 08:38:03 AM »
I'm Kevin Smith fan, so I'll be seein' this soon...I KNOW it will be good.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 09:07:12 AM »
need that shit to come to the UK i love the jay and silent bob series

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »
dude it was so fucking funny, but you know what, they shouldnt of of called it clerks 2. since all kevin smith movies revolve around the same little universe of characters, they couldve just put this out as a new title

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 01:07:35 PM »
dude it was so fucking funny, but you know what, they shouldnt of of called it clerks 2. since all kevin smith movies revolve around the same little universe of characters, they couldve just put this out as a new title

Yea, but this one is more of a sequel, it continues the story of Randal and Dante, which was only in "Clerks"...PeACe

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 02:30:20 PM »

Thank God. A lot of the reviewers were trashing it calling it stupid and pointless, I had hoped that it was because they either didn't receieve their cheques from Smith or were trateing like a serious film. One critic blasted the film for it's unrealistic message and character build towards Dante. Shit, you don't go to Clerks for epic storytelling or high art. You go to laugh, and if you get offended by certain words that shouldn't offend you then you shouldn't review it. I hate it when newspapers do that. You don't send a hip hop critic to a heavy metal show and you don't send your top wine guy to see Clerks. I'm really looking forward to it.

Exactly how I feel. That's why I don't take a critics word as gospel.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »
at the heart of the movie it kind of was a serious film....it just happened to have a bajillion funny fuckin things going on in it

btw

jay's "nude" scene =funny moment of the year

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 04:29:42 PM »
That whole pillow pants scene with the music in the background had me dyin too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 12:22:36 AM »
lol  you know what's funny about that shit, i knew people like that in highschool

Rish

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 05:53:40 AM »
Can't wait to see it man. The first Clerks was so fucking awesome, great dialogue.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 05:57:45 AM »
I liked it, but it didn't do the original Clerks justice in my view. Still, I laughed a lot.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 09:08:53 AM »
fuckin hilarious, great movie.  definately lived up to the hype.  What a great comeback after Jersey Girl.