Author Topic: I'm New To This Board So I Just Want To Introduce Myself....  (Read 277 times)

JAG

• Lil Geezy
My name is Jag and I was featured on this site a few weeks ago. You can check out the link at http://www.dubcnn.com/features/onthecomeup/jag/. I'm going to be posting on this site regularly now, so I thought it would be best for me to tell ya'll a little about myself before I just start jumping into your conversations!! I just got back from New York, and I learned so much while I was out there about the business side of the industry and about how important the internet is to an artist's success. I'm getting ready to drop a mixtape and my friend is working on fixing a myspace page for me. I would appreciate if any of ya'll could give me suggestions ranging from beats I should jump on for the freestyle part of my mixtape to tips for building a myspace page. Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.
Check out my FREE debut mixtape sponsored by DubCnn.com right here at www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/jag and check my Myspace page at: www.myspace.com/jagzill.

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
Re: I'm New To This Board So I Just Want To Introduce Myself....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »
GOOD LUCK PLAYA.. ill check it out  8)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »
Man, all I can say is good luck on your career. And I hope to hear more music from ya in the future.

I don't really know about any beat advice, but I can tell you this, even though it sounds corny: Just keep it real. Be yourself and do your thing.

And welcome to the forum! 8)

JAG

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 12:54:28 PM »
Man, all I can say is good luck on your career. And I hope to hear more music from ya in the future.

I don't really know about any beat advice, but I can tell you this, even though it sounds corny: Just keep it real. Be yourself and do your thing.

And welcome to the forum! 8)

thanks for all the love. i definitely have more tracks on the way. i'm basically finished with my mixtape except for one more original joint or two. after that i'm going to get everything mixed and maybe get a cheap mastering job done. i thought i was done recording, but when i was out in ny i had a meeting with one of the labels under the sony-bmg umbrella, and the vp of a&r told me that he wanted to sign me, but that i was basically missing a club song that in so many words sounded like a jeezy or joc record. i'm still in the hood, and i can't wait to get my family a better situation, but i'm not about to compromise my music just to get on quicker. i'm still trying to figure out if i want to talk about this on an original record or on a remix, because i have a dope idea for it over a classic beat. i'll keep ya'll posted on this.
Check out my FREE debut mixtape sponsored by DubCnn.com right here at www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/jag and check my Myspace page at: www.myspace.com/jagzill.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 12:57:03 PM »
WHATUP JAG MAN!!!

Was a pleasure doing your article man, was feeling the music, glad lucc put me on to you - we need to keep this connect alive man, holla at me on rud@dubcnn.com anytime and we got you - looking forward to seeing what you got coming and helping develop your fan base as we have with lucc (who is A-List Celebrity around here now let me assure you man!!)

Props for jumping on the board homie!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

suckaa free

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 12:58:18 PM »
sounds like you get yo head on staright doog.  just keep doing what you need to do, and we will support you on your grind.  west coast on the come up, bitches.   :)

JAG

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »
WHATUP JAG MAN!!!

Was a pleasure doing your article man, was feeling the music, glad lucc put me on to you - we need to keep this connect alive man, holla at me on rud@dubcnn.com anytime and we got you - looking forward to seeing what you got coming and helping develop your fan base as we have with lucc (who is A-List Celebrity around here now let me assure you man!!)

Props for jumping on the board homie!

Rud I appreciate the write up that was a super good look homie!!  I'll email you so that you can have my info, and I'll let you know my new plan off attack for the rest of the summer. 

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:13:04 PM »
thats dope homie :) props on that! no worries on the article, a pleasure to hear good new music, theres too much trash!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:18:53 PM »
Welcome Jag.  Best of luck with everything, I liked the songs on the article at Dubcnn.  I'm sure you'll be doing big things in the next few years.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 01:42:21 PM »
What Up Jag, welcome to dubcnn.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 03:10:51 PM »
Welcome to tha forum nigga.ya music bangs just keep it like that

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 02:04:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jag. I actually forgot to give feedback to Rud's thread in which he premiered a few of your songs...I just wanted to say that I liked those tracks, so props!
Concerning the beats, I'd say try to pick a beat that fits your style. Don't just choose a beat because people are feeling that particular beat at the moment (think: during the Lean Back period two years ago, every rapper freestyled over that beat, but not everybody's style matched that beat, you know?). So yeah...go for something that suits you. Perhaps you can hook up with some New West producers such as Dae One or Dem Jointz? That would be cool. I'm sure they can cook up a nice club track for you...

Anyway, congratulations again on your music & keep it up. It's cool of you to keep in touch with the fans by the way...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 02:06:16 AM by CRAFTY »

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 02:11:42 AM »
Whattup Jag, cool seein you here..
If you need any beats, you gots to check mine out.. www.soundclick.com/hearonebeats
Let me know what's up

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

hempkside2

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 02:30:45 AM »
jag dont listen to any of these clowns,they will never tell you the truth.....yet rule #1, always have faith in HEMPSIDE his spirit will guide you threw this sit...and try to smoke a spliff a day.your friendly dub member,HEMPKSIDE2.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 11:19:58 AM »
jag dont listen to any of these clowns,they will never tell you the truth.....yet rule #1, always have faith in HEMPSIDE his spirit will guide you threw this sit...and try to smoke a spliff a day.your friendly dub member,HEMPKSIDE2.

Sounds to me like you put pieces of crack in your hemp