Poll

Will dre produce on The Blue Carpet Treatment?

Yes
21 (36.8%)
No
4 (7%)
Hope so
24 (42.1%)
Who gives a fuck
8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: August 05, 2006, 06:26:42 AM

Author Topic: Is Dre gonna be on TBCT?  (Read 604 times)

c-dogg

• Lil Geezy
Is Dre gonna be on TBCT?
« on: August 02, 2006, 06:26:42 AM »

Ok,by the end of the week the 4th and final part of the DUBCNN Snoop interview should be online and we will know for sure. But in the mean time what yall think? Will dre produce on the Blue carpet Treatment? Do you really care?

I personally dont mind either way, i would like to hear Snoop over a new dre beat but dres work on "The Big Bang" wasnt worth the wait.

Don Seer

Re: Is Dre gonna be on TBCT?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:36:54 AM »

it seems the publicity around dre actually working with you / giving you a beat etc is worth more than the beat itself these days.. the bar is so high

c-dogg

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:50:31 AM »

I feel what your sayin man. Bustas album was hyped around the dr dre production, I was really looking forward to some heat from both of them but i was dissapointed. I expected some "Break ya neck" type of shit but nothing even came close.

If snoop does get dre production it better be snoop and dre on their "A" game, if not its gonna spoil their history as a duo.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:52:05 AM »
As disrespectful as Snoop has been talking about Dre, I wouldn't give him a beat or even acknowledge him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:02 AM »
Wasn't there a Snoop rhyme a few months back where he said "I went to see the Doctor, he sold me two beats" ?

So two Dre beats on TBCT?

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »
Yeah think that there will be at least 1 beat plus some other songs mixed by Dre

Intriago33

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 08:16:27 AM »
Wasn't there a Snoop rhyme a few months back where he said "I went to see the Doctor, he sold me two beats" ?

There was, it was on "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'".

Matty

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:24:57 AM »
i agree that dre's work on the big bang wasn't worth the wait. if that's what he's giving artists who have waited 3 years for his contribution then it doesn't leave much hope of snoop getting some heat in the space of this year.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 08:42:29 AM »
I bet he will.

A far as the Busta Dre beats goes Get You Some and Been Through The Storm were the only OMFG beat.

If Dre does produce for Snoop dont expect his A game. Expect leftovers from all Detox sessions. We wont hear Dres A game until Bishop and Detox drop.

The case was different in 99 when Top Dogg was out 6 months before 2001. By the looks of it BCT will drop in Octorber and Detox December 2007. Maybe Bishops album will have "pre Detox" presentation.

But still remember how Dre was getting bad critisizm back in 98. We all know what happened when 2001 dropped.

According to Rebel the only tracks that were originally made for Detox that  Dre later gave away were:

In Da Club
If I Cant...
Poppin' Them Thangs
I Like
Shit Hits Da Fan
Look Into My Eyez
OH
Encore (the song)
Higher
Outta Control
Outta Control Remix
When It Rains It Pours
Get You Some

All those beats were 5/5 if you ask me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:45:21 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 08:50:01 AM »
I bet he will.

A far as the Busta Dre beats goes Get You Some and Been Through The Storm were the only OMFG beat.

If Dre does produce for Snoop dont expect his A game. Expect leftovers from all Detox sessions. We wont hear Dres A game until Bishop and Detox drop.

The case was different in 99 when Top Dogg was out 6 months before 2001. By the looks of it BCT will drop in Octorber and Detox December 2007. Maybe Bishops album will have "pre Detox" presentation.

But still remember how Dre was getting bad critisizm back in 98. We all know what happened when 2001 dropped.

According to Rebel the only tracks that were originally made for Detox that  Dre later gave away were:

In Da Club
If I Cant...
Poppin' Them Thangs
I Like
Shit Hits Da Fan
Look Into My Eyez
OH
Encore (the song)
Higher
Outta Control
Outta Control Remix
When It Rains It Pours
Get You Some

damn in the club came out in 03 thats means hes been working on detox since at least 02 damn this guy is slow.

The Great Elephant

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 08:52:19 AM »
there'll be 3

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 08:57:19 AM »
I bet he will.

In Da Club
If I Cant...
Poppin' Them Thangs
I Like
Shit Hits Da Fan
Look Into My Eyez
OH
Encore (the song)
Higher
Outta Control
Outta Control Remix
When It Rains It Pours
Get You Some

damn in the club came out in 03 thats means hes been working on detox since at least 02 damn this guy is slow.

Well he basically had 2 Detox sessions. One in the 2001/2003 era, then he said he wont make another LP and now since 2004 ahead.

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 09:00:37 AM »
probably 2 or 3 beats, maybe Dre will mix too.. but when it comes to Dre, everyone is tired of all this wait and then you got some average shit like the Big Bang.. anyway Dre won't never make the music he wants to on Interscope, I don't understand why he doesn't left

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 09:13:59 AM »
Honestly I'm not gonna anticipate Dre doing something with Snoop anymore, I'm just gonna wait patiently for the album to drop...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 11:18:26 AM »
I bet he will.

In Da Club
If I Cant...
Poppin' Them Thangs
I Like
Shit Hits Da Fan
Look Into My Eyez
OH
Encore (the song)
Higher
Outta Control
Outta Control Remix
When It Rains It Pours
Get You Some

Yeah man, all those beats were fire. But the optimist in me tends to think that if Dre gave those beats away, what kinda shit did he actually save for himself?

As for Blue Carpet, I hope Dre is behind the boards on a song or two. Snoop & Dre, it's like Batman & Robin, shit can't go wrong.