Poll

Is it Dre's responsibility to help the west coast, whether it's promoting new artists or producing for upcoming ones?

Yes, it definitely is!
7 (14%)
Not at all...he has already done more than 95% of the rap game
12 (24%)
It's not his responsibility, but it would help a lot
29 (58%)
It doesn't matter, he can't bring the west back on his own
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Is it Dre's responsibility to help the west coast?  (Read 677 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Is it Dre's responsibility to help the west coast?
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:34:16 PM »
This is something I've been seeing on the boards for the last 5 or so years. People are always saying that it is up to Dre to bring the west back, that he should carry the west on his shoulders, that the west is out of the spotlight because he doesn't try to help, because he doesn't do enough for upcoming west coast artists, because he dick rides the east and doesn't care about the west, and that Dre needs to make Detox a west coast album with old and new west coast artists.

So before I give my opinion on this...why do you feel it is, or isn't, Dre's responsibility to help the west?

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is it Dre's responsibility to help the west coast?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »
its not his responsibility, but it would help a lot

he did his part, others like game and even snoop should do theirs... dre brought everyone in... it pisses me offthat he doesnt help but i know he doesnt have to cuz hes done it many times before

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 11:01:13 PM »
voted:  no, but should help

I mean, it would only be better and look better for his career.... why go out without fuckin shit up on the West one more time?

if you look at his legacy, that's what's missing, his finale on the West to close things out

translation = make "Detox" a west coast album like his previous 2

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:02:51 PM »
I agree, its not his responsibility but he should

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 11:04:16 PM »
No its not his responsibility really. Its actually Snoop's responsibility. He talks about Western conference and unity, but only does it when his album is coming out. I'd like him to not halfass the shit, year-round is the only way it'd work, if snoop gave two fucks about the shit he preaches in interviews.

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 11:06:34 PM »
^^ Snoop put your hero and westside159's hero MC Eiht in a lil' group, u should be suckin him off

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 11:09:30 PM »
^^ Snoop put your hero and westside159's hero MC Eiht in a lil' group, u should be suckin him off

That means its not his responsibility right now? If he's suggesting peeps step up to bring back the west and no one does it, and he continues to call himself KING OF THE WEST dont you think its his responsibility? Exactly. Thanks for assuming shit by the way.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 11:10:21 PM »
I agree, its not his responsibility but he should

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 11:11:49 PM »
^^^Nice sig

R-Tistic, good choice of a thread 8)

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:12:24 PM »
its not his responsibility, but it would help a lot
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 11:20:59 PM »
If you ask me, Dre is a good example to all west coast artists.

Stop trying so hard to be a banger, stop beefin with niggas on your own coast, and stop being wack. Dre can;t help everybody. Help ya damn self.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 11:28:40 PM »
If you ask me, Dre is a good example to all west coast artists.

Stop trying so hard to be a banger, stop beefin with niggas on your own coast, and stop being wack. Dre can;t help everybody. Help ya damn self.

Exacly just by saying westcoast or westside hes helping.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 11:38:50 PM »
I wouldn't say its his responsibility, but it would help A LOT. But to be honest, if I was Dre, I couldn't see myself helpin out most of these cats either. Everybody just whines and complains in interviews and releases a bunch of mixtapes and diss tracks. Dre would probably fuck with them if they put out quality material and had a better personality. Believe it or not, a lot of these young cats are too cocky to take orders from a Dr. Dre caliber producer cuz they feel like they're already hot enough.

Besides that, Dre is gonna get paid either way, so why not get paid without all the drama & bullshiet? Keep in mind...these West Coast artist need Dre, he doesn't need them.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 11:45:07 PM »
Absolutely not. Dre is bigger than a coast. I love the fact that he dont even seem to look at it in terms of a region. Rap is the only genre of music where people make something that trivial into an issue. When I first got into rap in the early 80's, the place where somebody was from was not even on my mind, I was just enjoying the type of music that I liked. Dont get me wrong, when somebody from the West makes music that I like, it definitely doesnt hurt that they are from here, but thats not really a factor when it comes to whether I like it or not. Besides, Dre has already put the West on the map about 3 times. Somebody else needs to pick up the ball already.

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »
Absolutely not. Dre is bigger than a coast. I love the fact that he dont even seem to look at it in terms of a region. Rap is the only genre of music where people make something that trivial into an issue. When I first got into rap in the early 80's, the place where somebody was from was not even on my mind, I was just enjoying the type of music that I liked. Dont get me wrong, when somebody from the West makes music that I like, it definitely doesnt hurt that they are from here, but thats not really a factor when it comes to whether I like it or not. Besides, Dre has already put the West on the map about 3 times. Somebody else needs to pick up the ball already.

lol, yeah, the only genre of music that area is a factor... its pretty dumb but it gets people listening to u if ur from an area with a lot of other good rappers