Author Topic: Obie's 2nd round  (Read 309 times)

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
Obie's 2nd round
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:10:59 PM »
anybody know how Obie's album been doing since its release?

Lunatic

Re: Obie's 2nd round
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:29:05 PM »
ok. I mean, technically it flopped. 1st week it sold 74,000 records. But, considering there wasn't really a single for it, that's pretty good. Snitch was refused play by B.E.T. & MTV due to it's "stop snitching" movement. He then shot an under ground video for "Cry Now" that managed to fit into BET's rotation. But, since it was a under ground video, shot in the ghetto, and the song doesn't really have a "mainstream appealing" feel to it, it didn't get much play. The 3rd single, and which felt like the 1st single Jamaican Girl, debuted on t.v. 2 days before the album release. So, who can you even expect it 2 sell alot of records 1st week? so that's why I don't think 74,000 isn't that bad.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »
This album was so damn generic. Nothing catches your ear. I like Obie, but it's a good thing it flopped.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »
This album was so damn generic. Nothing catches your ear. I like Obie, but it's a good thing it flopped.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 05:16:25 AM »
ok. I mean, technically it flopped. 1st week it sold 74,000 records. But, considering there wasn't really a single for it, that's pretty good. Snitch was refused play by B.E.T. & MTV due to it's "stop snitching" movement. He then shot an under ground video for "Cry Now" that managed to fit into BET's rotation. But, since it was a under ground video, shot in the ghetto, and the song doesn't really have a "mainstream appealing" feel to it, it didn't get much play. The 3rd single, and which felt like the 1st single Jamaican Girl, debuted on t.v. 2 days before the album release. So, who can you even expect it 2 sell alot of records 1st week? so that's why I don't think 74,000 isn't that bad.

there is a video for jamaican girl  :o??

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 07:57:07 AM »

there is a video for jamaican girl  :o??
there might be 2 jamaican girls in there.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 07:59:46 AM »
Almost all the tracks sounded the same.  Shit was kinda on a feel of too undeground. 
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 10:31:44 AM »
i liked some tracks. I think Obie Story is one of the best tracks of 06
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 10:40:20 AM »
i liked some tracks. I think Obie Story is one of the best tracks of 06

second that, that track is nice...

i liked about 60% of the album which isnt enough for me to buy it unfortunately  :-\

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
"Cry now" is dope but if you a lean wit it, rock wit it type cat you might not like it.

www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 11:37:59 AM »
I still havnt heard this, anyone want to hook it up ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 12:33:07 PM »
here's the link to the jamaican girl video. And I liked the Obie album. Seems like every song was at least average. Cry Now is one of the dopest songs this year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfWYpheZoS4
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 02:58:10 PM »
dope album

kingwell

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 05:57:57 PM »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 06:40:09 AM »
I liked the album, though it's true the tracks tend to sound too much like each other. Some dope ass tracks on there though. Plus it contains proof that Eminem can still spit.