Author Topic: THE BLUE CARPET TREATMENT OR THE DOCTORS ADVOCATE ?????  (Read 1253 times)

Don Seer

Re: THE BLUE CARPET TREATMENT OR THE DOCTORS ADVOCATE ?????
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 02:26:06 AM »
^ much truth inside there.. on the real though.. outside a few internet forums.. no one i speak to knows shit about games situation...  half of em dont know he's off aftermath, that dre's not on the album (its confirmed!), and that the album name has changed and that it won't be called doctors advocate, but will be called devils advocate..... hell most of em didnt even know the original title.. the thing that stuck with the people i spoke to was the 6/6/6 release date..

people on the internet over estimate things wildly based on what they see online.. people who don't spend a lot of time online are the majority.. its reaching them thats the issue..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 02:28:27 AM by Overseer »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 03:13:13 AM »
I think both Game and Snoop will do good number IF they dont get pushed back. Why did Obie, Busta and Pharrell all flop and why is Banks gonna flop. They have all been pushed back like 3 times for 3 months.

Im looking for Snoops cd more, Game should have great production too  8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 03:50:07 AM »
I think both Game and Snoop will do good number IF they dont get pushed back. Why did Obie, Busta and Pharrell all flop and why is Banks gonna flop. They have all been pushed back like 3 times for 3 months.

Im looking for Snoops cd more, Game should have great production too  8)

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 03:56:48 AM »
Im putting my faith in the Blue Carpet Treatment.......Id rather listen to Snoop than Game anways, but that just my opinion.

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 04:13:28 AM »
Both are gonna be dope! I'ma get 'em both!!

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 05:22:30 AM »
The delays are a valid point to the loss in record sales but thats not the only thing . Who really cares if they miss out on buying lloyd banks, or obies trices album in the 1st week?? Dont get me wrong there both good artists in there own right and extremely talented ..But who do you know feels any sort of connection with any of these artists ?? They both struggle with being able to connect with there audiences outside of there respective fanbases.

Both of them got away with it and went outside the numbers they should have recieved the 1st time around because the hype and buzz around Em and 50 -Shady and G Unit was so great at the tyme . Any affiliation was enough to gain a interest from the commercial crowds .. The numbers both these artists will do this tyme around are actually closer to the numbers they should be doing ,the only reason you believe different is because of the machine which is behind them in Interscope .

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 06:31:19 AM »
I'm looking forward to both!!!!  8)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 06:38:02 AM »
half of em dont know he's off aftermath, that dre's not on the album (its confirmed!), and that the album name has changed and that it won't be called doctors advocate, but will be called devils advocate.....

"Kevin Black insisted that Dr Dre is on Game’s new album which is in sharp contrast to what 50 said in the latest issue of XXL where he said the Dr’s advocate would have no Dr Dre production"

http://odeo.com/audio/1849219/view

so that thing about the new album title being Devils Advocate is bullshit too
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 06:49:36 AM »
Doctors Advocate

also wanna add...that the last 2 snoop albums have been wack as fuck...matter of fact everything he had to do with sucked balls....while game's music (mixtapes,etc,album) have all been dope!....

I didn't like Snoop's last 2 either. I'll prolly get Doc's Advocate and d/l the best tracks off Snoops, :)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 06:52:25 AM »
Both projects will be fine ..I have the feeling from the review of snoops listening party this will be 1 of his best albums in years

There have been alot of artists with big names this year who havent moved any units.I wouldn't say its because there material has been wack but i'd say it has more to do with the fact there hasn't been alot of artists who bring that whole package anymore . There just isn't that hype  or excitement

Alot of these artists are just rappers .. there not stars .. 1 thing Game has above alot of these other rap artists is that X factor .. star quality...Along with Snoop,Diddy,jay,Pac etc etc there are only so many artists which can claim that . Both Snoop and Game should do alright in the sales department.

There is no way Game should do under 150 his first week as long as they pick the right 1st single .. The fact they haven't confirmed whether Dre willl or won't be part of DA has actually worked in there favor rather then to Games detriment. The constant talking , rumors stories etc has only kept the Game in peoples minds and on the tip of there tongues ..

If Dre had been confirmed already the lead up to te DA release wouldn't have recieved this much attention ..I have seen more posts and more topics of convo regarding The Game on msg boards across the internet about this album release since they stopped confirming whether Dre will be on this project, then when people just imagined Dre was going to be on it.

50 has also contributed to this indirectly .. his constant barbs thrown in Games direction and the bitching and whining on g unit radio have alot of people rootin for the under dogg and has only kept Game in peoples minds ..

There is no buzz what so ever for Lloyd Banks .. Even with 50s push and interscopes marketing over the course of the past few months is proof of that .If Game has got this much buzz as we speak, imagine how things are going to be when Interscope gets the marketing machine behind the album and the official single ,  ..The west should finish the year off in a BIG way with both these releases !!!

both albums will go multi plat, there is no question about it

on a side note: when is that banks album dropping? did it get delayed again?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 07:05:39 AM »
the blue carpet treatment, no doubt (as long as he really make it like back in the day, not like his last abum and shit), game improved a lot since the documentary, but now he got it all twisted, losin his bws homies and dissin for fun, and that will be a bad influence on his album

DENUM BLUE

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 08:32:02 AM »
Did anyone of them holla at Meech Wells??? Meech been droping heat for to long & still going strong, besides did anyone listen to that new cat on Meech Wells myspace page Young Joker??? Young Joker's comming with some fire with that heat from Bigg Wells.........

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »
Both projects will be fine ..I have the feeling from the review of snoops listening party this will be 1 of his best albums in years

There have been alot of artists with big names this year who havent moved any units.I wouldn't say its because there material has been wack but i'd say it has more to do with the fact there hasn't been alot of artists who bring that whole package anymore . There just isn't that hype  or excitement

Alot of these artists are just rappers .. there not stars .. 1 thing Game has above alot of these other rap artists is that X factor .. star quality...Along with Snoop,Diddy,jay,Pac etc etc there are only so many artists which can claim that . Both Snoop and Game should do alright in the sales department.

There is no way Game should do under 150 his first week as long as they pick the right 1st single .. The fact they haven't confirmed whether Dre willl or won't be part of DA has actually worked in there favor rather then to Games detriment. The constant talking , rumors stories etc has only kept the Game in peoples minds and on the tip of there tongues ..

If Dre had been confirmed already the lead up to te DA release wouldn't have recieved this much attention ..I have seen more posts and more topics of convo regarding The Game on msg boards across the internet about this album release since they stopped confirming whether Dre will be on this project, then when people just imagined Dre was going to be on it.

50 has also contributed to this indirectly .. his constant barbs thrown in Games direction and the bitching and whining on g unit radio have alot of people rootin for the under dogg and has only kept Game in peoples minds ..

There is no buzz what so ever for Lloyd Banks .. Even with 50s push and interscopes marketing over the course of the past few months is proof of that .If Game has got this much buzz as we speak, imagine how things are going to be when Interscope gets the marketing machine behind the album and the official single ,  ..The west should finish the year off in a BIG way with both these releases !!!

both albums will go multi plat, there is no question about it

on a side note: when is that banks album dropping? did it get delayed again?

Banks is dropping 10/10. Styles P got pushed back again to 11/14

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »
Ill be coppin both, its not like I am so broke I have to choose one or the other lol

IMO Game's album is going to be more anticipated but I think Snoop's may overall be better.  Have to wait to fully see though.
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

MEECH WELLS

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »
both projects after i lace them! go 2 my page a check out tha music featuring jamie fox and edi from tha outlaws and young joker tha new west top ngga GO 2 MYSPACE.COM/meechwells
NEW WEST HONCHO