Author Topic: Let's be real: OG Next Episode>>>90% of the tracks from Chronic and Doggystyle  (Read 1298 times)

lbc213

BTW who released the shitty quality version?? Has anyone asked them for a better quality one!?! lol

Yeah, do we know who leaked it?
90% sure that it was released on the Foesum website back in the day

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wish someone would re-up it. (Note to Overseer...that is not an audio request. I am just stating that I would like for someone to re-up the song, but I am not requesting it. Although if someone were to up it I would be very thankful).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 02:30:34 PM by Real American »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Efrain

BTW who released the shitty quality version?? Has anyone asked them for a better quality one!?! lol

Yeah, do we know who leaked it?
90% sure that it was released on the Foesum website back in the day

So they probably got it from snoop back before they signed. Can we hook up an interview or something, get the contact info and ask them about it. Fuck it I'll do it I dont care. Maybe Dubcnn could hook it up, imagine dubcnn bringing that track to light. whoa.

dloc187

• Lil Geezy
Re: Let's be real: OG Next Episode>>>90% of the tracks from Chronic and Doggysty
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »
Im confused here!!! Isnt "The Next Episode" off the Doggystyle album just a 1 minute skit w/ Sam Sneed in it?? Because I have the OG album that also comes with the Cz Up Hoez Down song too. Whats all this you guys talk about with Snoop and Dre spitting tight versus and shit??!! Fill me in on the details people.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Re: Let's be real: OG Next Episode>>>90% of the tracks from Chronic and Doggysty
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 04:27:36 PM »
Damn, that was a nice track, I think Warren might have scraped or reused something similar with "Runnin With No Breaks" off Regulate, Tha G-Funk Era because the beats sound too similar, plus the whole LBCrew was behind Chonric/Doggystyle, etc and Warren/Dre being brothers, I guess it'd somewhat make sense.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »
Isnt "The Next Episode" off the Doggystyle album just a 1 minute skit w/ Sam Sneed in it?? Because I have the OG album that also comes with the Cz Up Hoez Down song too. Whats all this you guys talk about with Snoop and Dre spitting tight versus and shit??!! Fill me in on the details people.

No, that's the "Pump Pump Intro" called "U Betta Recognize". The track they are talking about wasn't on the cd but on the back cover and featured Dr.Dre. "prominent" posted a link above, check it out if you don't know the track. You won't regret it. 8)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »
Damn, that was a nice track, I think Warren might have scraped or reused something similar with "Runnin With No Breaks" off Regulate, Tha G-Funk Era because the beats sound too similar, plus the whole LBCrew was behind Chonric/Doggystyle, etc and Warren/Dre being brothers, I guess it'd somewhat make sense.

It's a story to that....I remember reading it on here. Something about how Warren may have been the one who found the sample and brought it to Dre n Snoop, but they didn't get it cleared and he could get it cleared, maybe because he was with a different company...but it was somethin like that.

But personally...I only heard the Low Quality version, and even with that, I think this track was built off of TOO MUCH hype, just like "No bacctraccin" and a few other tracks that we never got to hear in CDQ. It definitely wasn't sounding better than the epic songs from those albums, such as "Dre day" "Let me ride" "Ain't no fun" "Gin n juice" "What's my name" "Tha shiznit" "Bitches ain't shit" and "Doggy Dogg World".

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
***Listening to it now***

Sounds dope, but the quality is really tooooo bad for me to feel it and really judge it against other songs. Snoop was definitely rippin it, but for some reason, the song sounds more like a Chronic track than Doggystyle.

Personally....I like the new "Next episode" a lot better. But it's unfair judgin this track since I can't hear it in high quality.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 06:09:06 PM »
tbh i prefered Doggystyle w/ George Clinton than this but both are fire no doubt....

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 07:20:46 PM »
tbh i prefered Doggystyle w/ George Clinton than this but both are fire no doubt....
never heard that song can someone upload it

and yeah hte OG Next Episode is rediculus...I wish that shit was CDQ 8)

HoodstaZ_n_Crime

• Lil Geezy
  • REVOLUTION IN PROGRESS
that tracc was the shit dog...come on now..

two the hottest niggas in the 90's (no homo) spittin bacc to bacc for 4....na..i make it almost 5 minutes?

shit was the truth

BEST IN THE WEST

1. Young Dre the Truth

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
That shit is sicc 8), snoop rips that, if it were only in CDQ :'(

Narrator

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 08:05:51 AM »

Anyone got this?  I thought I had it, but I don't see it on my HD.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
the GOAT duo going back and forth for 4min 35 sec spittin the best lines they ever spit(dre's best st least)

even in the shit quality it's better, but to have this shit bumpin CDQ........ :o

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....