Author Topic: Blue Rays  (Read 509 times)

westkoastanostra

Blue Rays
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:49:17 AM »
whats up with this shit?...just when i've adjusted to collecting dvds i hear this shit now....this means in a year or two i'ma have to scrap the dvds and start bying blue-ray.... >:(

Trauma-san

Re: Blue Rays
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:57 AM »
Nah; don't worry, it's a trend that will never catch on and put sony into bankruptcy.  Nothing to see here, please move on. 

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25:58 AM »
blue ray wont be "in" for another 3-4 years. it really is amazing though how good the quality is. just like when dvds first came out.. they didnt just scrap all the VHS tapes they slowly changed.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:45:39 AM »
HD-DVD is quite clearly going to win this battle. Look at every new format Sony has tried to introduce in recent history,

Betamax - failed
Minidisc - failed
UMD Movies - failed

They are never content with just making players for other formats they always have to try and push their own proprietary formats because they get greedy.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
What is it anyways

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 01:14:12 PM »
The next step up in picture quality on disk, in line with the HD technology. There will be HD-DVDs coming out shortly, but Sony think there version is better (Bluray) so are trying to get film companies on board to release their films in that format rather than the HD-DVDs. Hopefully HD-DVDs will blow Bluray out the water, but if not you might get a situation where you'll need one of each type of player in order to play films from different distributors, as some may well sign exclusive deals with Sony for their films only to be released in Bluray format.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 02:07:18 PM »
The next step up in picture quality on disk, in line with the HD technology. There will be HD-DVDs coming out shortly, but Sony think there version is better (Bluray) so are trying to get film companies on board to release their films in that format rather than the HD-DVDs. Hopefully HD-DVDs will blow Bluray out the water, but if not you might get a situation where you'll need one of each type of player in order to play films from different distributors, as some may well sign exclusive deals with Sony for their films only to be released in Bluray format.

buy two different machines to play dvd's thats fuckign bullshit."yo homie i got the new ice cube movie on blue ray n man i only got dvd we cant watch it"

Its one thhing vcr and dvd but this is bullshit.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 02:09:50 PM »
I wouldn't worry, Betamax was their competition for VHS and look where that got, nowhere. Most younger people don't even know what a Betamax was, and in a few years time it will be the same with Minidiscs. They just don't seem to learn though.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »
im glad someone brought this up. i keep seeing commercials saying "now out on dvd and blue ray".

wtf is a blue ray?!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »
HD-DVD is quite clearly going to win this battle. Look at every new format Sony has tried to introduce in recent history,

Betamax - failed
Minidisc - failed
UMD Movies - failed

They are never content with just making players for other formats they always have to try and push their own proprietary formats because they get greedy.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=2738

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 08:20:50 AM »
im glad someone brought this up. i keep seeing commercials saying "now out on dvd and blue ray".

wtf is a blue ray?!

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
yea gonna be interesting to see who comes out on top HD-DVD or Bluray, Microsoft has sided with HDDVD (obviously) and an HDDVD add on will be coming out for 360 later this year,so u will be able to watch HDDVDmovies on ur 360,thinnk its gonna cost $200usd though..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 03:29:54 AM »
Man, just when practically everybody in the world (aside from third world countries, that is) has purchased a DVD player they decide to introduce a new and better product on the market. What kind of fucked up shit is this, really? People should boycott both Blu-Ray & HD-DVD's if they won't be compatible on normal DVD players.

I'm glad to see that they're developing new and better technology, but they're really pushing it now. How long has the DVD-format been out now? 8 years or so? And we're supposed to simply throw away our current DVD players now just because a new format is on the market? Fuck that...

It would be cool if we're able to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD on our current DVD players, but there's no profit in that for those corporate companies, so I don't really see that happening.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:00:05 AM by CRAFTY »

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 02:29:11 PM »
Man, just when practically everybody in the world (aside from third world countries, that is) has purchased a DVD player they decide to introduce a new and better product on the market. What kind of fucked up shit is this, really? People should boycott both Blu-Ray & HD-DVD's if they won't be compatible on normal DVD players.

I'm glad to see that they're developing new and better technology, but they're really pushing it now. How long has the DVD-format been out now? 8 years or so? And we're supposed to simply throw away our current DVD players now just because a new format is on the market? Fuck that...

It would be cool if we're able to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD on our current DVD players, but there's no profit in that for those corporate companies, so I don't really see that happening.

its called technological advances get with it.

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 06:29:34 PM »
blu-ray & hd dvd players will be able to play normal DVDs, so you won't have to re-buy your whole collection again
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden