Author Topic: CROOKED I IS WAYYYYY BETTER THEN GAME!  (Read 437 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: CROOKED I IS WAYYYYY BETTER THEN GAME!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 10:03:14 PM »
you could probably listen in on a cypher at project blowed or other LA undergorund spot and find someone who could give game a run for his money........but how  many can put together an album with any type of replay value?.......give game sum credit for knowing how to craft some songs, or put a decent mixtape together..........it all boils down to what you think makes a 'dope' mc.........does it boild down to just lyrics? or flow and charisma? what about off the top battling?.........it goes way beyond game having more sales, or crooked never dropping an album.......personally, i think crooked is better than game as far as lyrics, but crooked seems far too one dimensional at times to me.........and i really wasnt feeling that mixtape he dropped either(i think it was young boss vol. 1? it was him and sum of his less talented homies all over it)........every other freestyle was over a chronic 2001 beat, and became repetative at times...........so i have little faith in his ability to craft a decent album, let alone anything on par to the material game has, and will, release

That's real....I mean, it is always somebody better than whoever people may know about...but if they aren't doin somethin to prove it, then what is it really sayin? I am sure that there are people all over North Carolina that are like "my homeboy/cousin [Jamal Watson] was better than Jordan was in high school. If he had made the NBA, he would have been a legend and been bette than Jordan" and people do the same for any form of entertainment. So yeah, it's cool for discussion....but part of being a music artist is putting out product, so yes, it is crucial that you put albums out, and that they are of great quality to be considered one of the best. Jay-Z isn't even one of my favorite five rappers, but I'd say he may be the best out just because he has MANY albums to prove his worth, and not just anticipation.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 10:14:08 PM »
IMO of course he is, but without an album on the shelf you're never going to be able to defend it.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 10:30:59 PM »
Sure, Crooked is a better lyricist than Game. Dude can rhyme his ass off. But I dont hear great songs coming from Crooked, no albums, no nothing. Game's got him beat on all of those fronts. So until that stuff happens then all Crooked will be is a "coulda been."

The_Offence

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »
You people take shit to literaly. Almost every rapper says they are the best. It doesn't mean anything. Chill.
what did i say people wait for game to say something they hang on to everyword i hav'nt seen that shit happen with no other rapper other than game that kat got some full time haters they listen to his music just to pick out shit he says and talk about it

CrookedDynasty

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »
I think Crooked I and Game are both talented.

Who cares about whos put out an album or not. It's all about what you've heard so far.

Game has a crazy delivery (with his unique voice when he raps), average lyrics, and a good flow on beats.
Crooked has a good delivery, killer lyrics (very original and fresh), and can flow like a crazy mother fucker on beats.

On the real....... Game has nothing compared to Crooked I on the mic. Crooked I could lyrically sabotage Game in a second much less 1 bar.

Either way, both are major players on the west and I would cop both their CDs because they both come out with quality shit.

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 02:36:20 AM »
Sure, Crooked is a better lyricist than Game. Dude can rhyme his ass off. But I dont hear great songs coming from Crooked, no albums, no nothing. Game's got him beat on all of those fronts. So until that stuff happens then all Crooked will be is a "coulda been."

yup.. and once he drops an album.. he'll be a never was.

its too late.. the new MCs who come out and blow up nearly always come outta nowhere.. from zero to hero..

people like crooked who've been on the sidelines for too long never get success.. he's built up too much in his head, and the fans.. he can't be anythign but a disappointment coz the fans expect 20x platinum.. when in reality he's gonna be lucky as shit to go gold..

quit backing horses who ain't even made it out the gate yet!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 02:51:27 AM »
as an artist: game > crooked i

it doesn't matter how good crook is, he sucks at pleasing his fans. game hasn't released an album in a year and a half, but he's put out 4 mixtapes, a dvd, and has done a lot of appearances on mixtapes and other people's albums.

in 10 years, what has crooked i put out? 1 mixtape that is impossible to find, 2 other mixtapes that were pushed back a bout 7 times a piece, and a dvd (that from what i hear is horrible).

i got love for crook, but dude needs to learn a lesson from game, ras kass, bishop lamont, and the rest of these other artist that keep independently releasing music.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »
How does Crooked even make a living? He doesn't do shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

$Eg2$

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »

yup.. and once he drops an album.. he'll be a never was.

its too late.. the new MCs who come out and blow up nearly always come outta nowhere.. from zero to hero..

people like crooked who've been on the sidelines for too long never get success.. he's built up too much in his head, and the fans.. he can't be anythign but a disappointment coz the fans expect 20x platinum.. when in reality he's gonna be lucky as shit to go gold..

quit backing horses who ain't even made it out the gate yet!

Exactly like them Ilive catz you have in your Sig huh

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 05:37:59 PM »
as an artist: game > crooked i

it doesn't matter how good crook is, he sucks at pleasing his fans. game hasn't released an album in a year and a half, but he's put out 4 mixtapes, a dvd, and has done a lot of appearances on mixtapes and other people's albums.

in 10 years, what has crooked i put out? 1 mixtape that is impossible to find, 2 other mixtapes that were pushed back a bout 7 times a piece, and a dvd (that from what i hear is horrible).

i got love for crook, but dude needs to learn a lesson from game, ras kass, bishop lamont, and the rest of these other artist that keep independently releasing music.

Damn.....