Author Topic: Wii pre-orders start this Friday in the USA!!  (Read 379 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wii pre-orders start this Friday in the USA!!
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:14:21 PM »
Wii Pre-orders Begin Friday
GameStop and EB Games dole out launch day reservations this week.

October 12, 2006 - Game retail duo EB Games and GameStop will begin taking Nintendo Wii pre-orders this Friday, the companies announced today. Similar to the PlayStation 3 pre-order program, each store will have a limited allotment of Wii consoles when the system launches on November 19, and stores will not accept pre-orders beyond this allotment.

To reserve a Wii at launch, both stores require a $50 reservation deposit in the form of cash, credit, or trade.

According to stores IGN contacted, as of Thursday morning each location is still waiting to hear how many Wiis it will be allotted for launch. Sales representatives expected to receive their allotment numbers later today.

While Nintendo has promised a bountiful supply of Wii consoles at launch -- and most expect the system to be more plentiful than the PS3 next month -- given gamers' excitement about Nintendo's system, initial supply will almost certainly be snapped up fast. In other words, call ahead and get in line.

-IGN.com

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Wii pre-orders start this Friday in the USA!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »
fuck i wanna get the wii but i probably won't get it on launch since there are some tight ass titles coming to 360 pretty soon (COD3, Rainbow 6 Las Vegas, Splinter Cell Double Agent, F.E.A.R.)
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »
yea im still deciding on whether i should cop one or not,im in school n shit now so i dont get to game as much,still deciding...

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 07:47:57 AM »
haha I'm replying to this thread as I patiently wait outside eb games at the howard hughes promenade. been here since 5am and I was the first one here. its almost 8am and there's 10people here now. I never did something like this before. haha. but yeah I secured mine for nov 19 launch date. yayeah. got my zelda on reserve as well.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:51:56 AM »
haha nice one mate ;D

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »
830am. 23 people.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:46 AM »

how come ya'll get to pre-order so late.. feels like a month since i pre-ordered mine already.. and we get ours a fortnight later

Raspass

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:57 AM »
Pluhease

Raspass

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 08:59:37 AM »
It looks like Nintendo plans on quantity being their ace in the hole for the holiday shopping season duke-out. Nintendo is well ahead in it’s production schedule. In fact it looks like right now the Wii will launch with 2 million consoles, which is double the quantity announced previously. This may be the first console launch in a long time where you wont need to camp for it. You may actually be able to walk into a store on launch day and get one!

We Fly High

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »
yeah the store i camped out at had 25 in stock for launch. i got #1. haha. i'm pretty sure its still going to be hard to get during the holiday season.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 02:23:13 PM »
I honestly think, seriously... I think there will be a ton of them, and they'll sell every fucking one of them in the first little bit making it almost impossible to get, even though there's a ton.  This is gonna be this years' tickle me elmo, lol.

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »
tickle me elmo is back.. they did a special edition but i think it sold out lol

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »
I honestly think, seriously... I think there will be a ton of them, and they'll sell every fucking one of them in the first little bit making it almost impossible to get, even though there's a ton.  This is gonna be this years' tickle me elmo, lol.

u reserve one yet trauma?

We Fly High

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 05:39:47 PM »
so in the end, i deposited for the Wii system ($140, pay $110 more), paid complete for my Zelda game, and paid 10$ deposit on Wii Remote ($20 retail), and 10$ deposit on the Wii ?Nunchuck ($20 retail)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 05:59:19 PM »
so in the end, i deposited for the Wii system ($140, pay $110 more), paid complete for my Zelda game, and paid 10$ deposit on Wii Remote ($20 retail), and 10$ deposit on the Wii ?Nunchuck ($20 retail)

nice!!
zelda game is gonna b amazing