Author Topic: Some Shit I Wanna Get Off My Chest.....  (Read 413 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Some Shit I Wanna Get Off My Chest.....
« on: December 06, 2001, 12:50:29 AM »
I managed to find & cop a copy of this months Source last night and have been reading through the Suge & Nas interviews. Well anyways, I don't really care much for hating on Suge, most of the time I TRY and ignore shit thats brought up about him here but it after reading all the shit he had to say I can't help myself!
Suge was goin on about Dre not penning his own rhymes, making it sound like a big deal (although I did agree to a certain extent about what he had to say about Jigga penning a rhyme for Dre). I honestly don't see him not penning many/any of his own rhymes a big deal, if anything Dre makes those lines! He brings them to life, although he ain't the greatest rapper he knows what he's doing IMO. Take his rhyme on Bilal's fast lane remix for example, i'm not sure who penned it but Dre comes correct spitting it, it's my favourite part of that song. Anyway, I'm happy to see Dre starting to pen his own shit, if you check the credits on "Put It On Me" & "The Wash" you'll see what I mean. He never hardly credits himself as a writer and even if he only had a small input in those rhymes he's still making a progress as far as his emceeing skills are going. Suge just winging about this made me think about all those times he used to put his name on the back of every DR release and try to pass it off as if he actually did work on them, when I think we all know he probably had no input atall on any of them.
He tries to make it out as if he doesn't give a shit about the old DR artists but when the interviewer brought up some shit about Snoop he had to bring up some sarcastic shit about Snoop saying that nobody's gonna be feeding offa him anymore by making a point that he is still making money and feeding off Snoop's old DR shit. Although Snoop is getting himself into more unwanted shit by shouting out shit about Suge & DR at concerts, if Suge wants to make himself look like the better man he should be man enough to be the first to squash it, he's a grown man now. & he's still making points about keeping DR street & bringing up Ray J in the same sentence! How long does he think he can keep this 'street' term true?
I hate to have to make another topic on this shiz people but I thought i'd just get a few things off my mind. I actually thought he might of changed his ways after being in prison but he's just proved that he's still very bitter and potentially dangerous to hip-hop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

Re: Some Shit I Wanna Get Off My Chest.....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2001, 04:08:56 AM »
When Ya Goin' Down,  You Try To Take Somebody Down With Ya

I'm starting To Think Suge Ain't The Most Intelligent Man, He's Very Contradictory.

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2001, 04:37:18 AM »
Agree w/704D....Suge makes it seem like he's writing (lyrics & music) and producing.   That SHIP has SUNK.  The inmates made that DR SOUND w/their own creativity.

As for as Dre' not writing LYRICS...he writes MUSIC....that's where he gets his WRITING CREDITS.  Then comes his PRODUCTION CREDITS.   But you best believe, WHO ever is there WRITING LYRICS for him, has to be on HIS TERMS.  That's why he's still the SURGEON GENERAL (he controls the studio).

PEACE !!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2001, 06:10:03 AM »
before criticizing Suge about interviews, think about the people interviewing him.  they want to sell the magazine, and controversy sells.  I'd rather hear Suge talk about the future of Tha Row with Eastwood, Spider, Crooked I, J. Valentine, etc., but the magazine reporters want sales, and they keep asking the same questions over and over about Snoop/Dre/Pac.  Especially biased magazines like the Source who tried to make Suge look evil in the interview.  Suge is giving them what they want.  He's making ridiculous statments to help that magazine sell.  To check out a relatively good interview about Tha Row, check out the premiere issue of King Magazine, which profiles the future of Tha Row and doesn't focus very much on the past shit.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2001, 06:31:17 AM »
FUCK DEATH ROW

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2001, 07:17:51 AM »
I Agree, actually, with most of what Mack-11 is saying, they do push those questions on him.

Peace

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2001, 07:52:02 AM »
true.... he probably did cover that stuff.. but the editor/reporters found the rest more interesting.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2001, 10:26:52 AM »
I agree Mack_11, if you have read it you'll see that the interview is basically focused just on that. But the point is, if he didn't want to talk about it he wouldn't of, I don't think they'd crack him if he really didn't wanna talk on that shit. The fact is the past seems to still be a very big part of him, after him trying to deny it, along with Snoop b4 you start calling me biased. It's just starting to get really stupid, they're acting like little kids, it's fucked up and it's pissing me, and probably alot of other people off.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2001, 11:19:52 AM »

When Ya Goin' Down,  You Try To Take Somebody Down With Ya

I'm starting To Think Suge Ain't The Most Intelligent Man,

Sheeeeeit nigga, you're jus' now realizin' that now LOL...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2001, 12:11:47 PM »
fuck death row, they aint shit without 2pac, tha doggfather, and doc muthafuckin dre.....and thats why suge cant stop talking about them cuz they always on his mind....he needs artists like that to make him successful and he pissed cuz he doesnt have those artists anymore and no one with any credibility in the rap game wants to be a part of his bullshit...

ToNe1904

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2001, 09:53:19 PM »
yah suge pullin sum bitch movez lately. but ima wait on mah judgement of him for a bit. i think he still got sumthin in store fah e'ryone. whetha it workz out or not, we'll see. but shit, i jus cant count him out yet.

Big BpG

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2001, 05:03:55 AM »
Mack 11... I agree on that... everyone has this weird image that Suge is a evil being and that he is a punk, but that's not true... let the man tell us what he has to say about the future then have him explain everything we already know...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2001, 06:32:31 AM »
i totally agree wit mack-11

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2001, 10:25:21 AM »
How the hell did this beef start!!!!!!!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

jakeIII

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2001, 04:18:22 PM »

Mack 11... I agree on that... everyone has this weird image that Suge is a evil being and that he is a punk.

-Big BpG

I don't think "everyone" does think Suge is a "punk" - maybe just up in here......
Personally, I've got a lot of respect for Suge - theres a million and one rappers out there who could make good records, but not that many people that could do what Suge did. And people do under-estimate what he did......
Sure he talks a lot of shit in interviews, but at least it's an entertaining read. That bit about telling Snoop how to do his hair, and getting extensions put in.....LOL.
And I like the way he always begins with "I ain't got nothing against 'em, and I wish 'em the best"..........LMAO