Author Topic: Is The West Coast making a comeback?  (Read 722 times)

d-nice

Is The West Coast making a comeback?
« on: October 29, 2006, 10:12:34 PM »
So with 2 months left and Snoop, Game and Pac (pac is still west coast dead or alive) still left to drop along with a couple underground and indie joints, is the west on its way back? I want to hear the good and the bad, what it will take for it to get here and what is holding it back.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:27:08 AM by d-nice »

'EclipZe

Re: West Coast comeback?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 10:34:41 PM »
the west wont come back in the next 20 years atleast like the g-funk era.

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:38:04 PM »
not like the g-funk era nah it wont.

but having said that im lovin what the west os offering right now, more than i have for a while. game & snoop set to drop banging records and nothing but fire coming from the likes of scipio, roccett, scan, g.malone, bishop lamont, problem, the rep yo set album is insane, ya boy...all these and more spittin absolute FIRE right now. im really loving my west coast music at the moment and whats on offer, more than i have for ages.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:51:43 PM »
the west will never be what it was during the N.W.A. era or the G-Funk era.

i see it having success like it did after Dre 2001 dropped.. a few platinum and gold plaques here and there from west coast artists.. i mean it already started with the documentary goin 2xplatinum, then Cube goin gold independently, then E-40 certified gold.. next up is Snoop, Game, Pac, and early next year im sure bishop lamont and glasses malone will get some plaques... im pretty sure blunts lla could do well since he on geffen/interscope and could do some cross promotion with game/snoop
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 10:53:20 PM by Fool I'm A Vet »

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 11:10:25 PM »
give it up

the more I think about the 'West Coast' place in music, I start to feel like a loser

take it for what it's worth, don't take it so seriously

I could give a fuck if Snoop Dogg and The Game flop

I'm tired of politics in music and fags everywhere hyping wack shit up

that goes for East Coast, South and West.... it's all garbage except for a select few here and there

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 11:54:11 PM »
give it up

the more I think about the 'West Coast' place in music, I start to feel like a loser

take it for what it's worth, don't take it so seriously

I could give a fuck if Snoop Dogg and The Game flop

I'm tired of politics in music and fags everywhere hyping wack shit up

that goes for East Coast, South and West.... it's all garbage except for a select few here and there

Hey I can respect your opinion. Let's keep this going, good or bad.

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 12:00:16 AM »
I wasn't comin at you personally or nothin

but to answer the topic question, no I don't think so

the only one out of who you named that will sell is most likely Game

I see Snoop doing okay and Pac forget about that shit, who wants to hear that

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:57 AM »
naw..west ain't coming back.... actually west hardly even exist these days...

it seems west ain't got an identity no more...like a lost sheep.....baaaahhh.. :)
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:16 AM »
naw..west ain't coming back.... actually west hardly even exist these days...

it seems west ain't got an identity no more...like a lost sheep.....baaaahhh.. :)

That is music as a whole for the most part.

nu-jerzey-devil

• Lil Geezy
  • blackwallstreet6.skyblog.fr
Re: Is The West Coast making a comeback?
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 11:32:31 AM »
yeassss The Game iz back = the west Coast is back!!!!!!
www.blackwallstreet6.skyblog.com

The Game "L.A.X." June 24!!!!

!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »
we need a whole bunch of artists from the west to bumrush the stage all at once.  one or only 2 mainstream rappers from our side wont be able bring and put our shit on top.  i like what Game was doing with has Black Wall Street label, getting all the talent up and down the west coast, and putting them under one umbrealla...but nigga dont know how to run a buissnes...but he has the formula.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 11:35:33 AM »
Well, the West Coast got plenty of talented artists. The only problem was that a lot of them didn't get any deals the past few years. However, with Omar Cruz, Bishop Lamont, G. Malone, Damani and - hopefully - Crooked I all coming out in 2007 on majors, it's looking very promising 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 11:47:05 AM »
When 2006 is over it'll be looked at as a step forward for the West Coast. Ice Cube and E-40 did there thing and went gold. Snoop Dogg will go at least gold and The Game will go platinum. It gets better in 2007. G. Malone releases his album in Feburary. While I doubt it'll go platinum it could sell 700K. Dr. Dre releases Detox (hopefully) and it'll probably go 6x platinum again. Bishop Lamont has crazy talent and being on Aftermath he has a legit chance at going 2x platinum (if he doesn't get pushed back to 2008). Omar Cruz should sell okay on Interscope. Ya Boy is also marketing himself well, and has an eye for success. There will be some question marks regarding Lil' E, Crooked I, Eastwood, Clyde Carson, Mistah F.A.B., and The Federation, but they all are releasing good music and have a chance to sell.

The West Coast obviously will never reach that 92-96 success they had. I doubt any region will. But by the end of 2007 the West should be back in comptetion with the East Coast and even the South.

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »
hip hop will never die ;D

westkoastanostra

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 12:03:10 PM »
i think this year the west certainly seemed like a step forward than the previous year.....so i actually think the west is coming back...i just hope 2007 will be an even bigger step forward than this year.....