Author Topic: Will Mcmahon sue Gunit over "hot rod"  (Read 542 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Will Mcmahon sue Gunit over "hot rod"
« on: October 30, 2006, 10:42:29 PM »
If he releases an album under that name im pretty sure Vince Mcmahon will take gunit records to court coz i can almost garuntee McMahon has that trademarked or wotever its called because its on a hell of a lot of Rowdy Roddy Pipers merchandise, and McMahon has rights to EVERYTHING so why not that? Can someone confirm this or dis prove it? Im gona post it in Outbound and sports, because i feel it may come under both.

The Maestro

Sikotic™

Re: Will Mcmahon sue Gunit over "hot rod"
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 12:19:26 AM »
Hot Rod ain't a big name yet. Mcmahon would only care if Hot Rod was making a ton of money with that name.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Citizen-Y

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:38:41 AM »
Well he is already after The Game.  Pretty wack by Vincent I do say.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:24:36 AM »
It just came to me the other week when Piper came out wit a tshirt that said "hot rod" on the front of it, and knowing vince, it will prolly be trademarked. why trademark shit like "christian" and "new age outlaws" but not hot rod? But sik is right, watch the lawsuits flying if hot rod releases a succesful album

The Maestro

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:41:05 AM »
He would without a shaddow of a doubt

He was after the Game, i think he was also after another artist but Im not sure
and Hot Rod being on G-Unit will mean the album can somewhat well...yea sure their sales havent been as great as they normally were, but they still sell quite a lot nonetheless

I've also been checking to see if WWE has trademarked 'Hot Rod' and found this:
The names of all WWE programming, talent, images, likenesses and logos are the exclusive property of WWE. © 2005 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.igt.com/Reference/Legal.asp?pid=14

So i think it's just a matter of time (and proably awareness) before they do something

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 09:41:14 AM »
Vince is a fairy

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 10:31:47 AM »
transformers should sue g unit over hot rod  ;D

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

rik

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 10:41:54 AM »
Vince is a fairy

Yeah...You'd figure a dude that's been sued as many times as him would not want to do that to other people.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 12:47:02 PM »
Vince is a fairy
Vince is a Genius
no doubt he is a genius there is no questioning that, but I hate his tactics sometimes.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »
Vince is a fairy
Vince is a Genius
no doubt he is a genius there is no questioning that, but I hate his tactics sometimes.

yeah but the fact that the NWO almost killed WWE and Vince came back and turn the tables so bad he bought out WCW was amazing to me...HE CANT BE BEAT OR STOPPED!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »
Vince is a fairy
Vince is a Genius

yeah but the fact that the NWO almost killed WWE and Vince came back and turn the tables so bad he bought out WCW was amazing to me...HE CANT BE BEAT OR STOPPED!

vince got lucky with that though, it WCW itself that caused its downfall

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
Vince is a fairy
Vince is a Genius

vince got lucky with that though, it WCW itself that caused its downfall

yeah and the cards beat themselves against the Bears but the Bears are still 7-0 and Vince is still on top! And thats the bottom line cuz MOSAV says so

The Best of 3 Worlds

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
^^ there's no denying that

im just saying that Vince didn;t make a comeback, WCW just started falling apart and Vince got lucky on that which was why he was able to buy out WCW