Author Topic: Best Buy Burbank - PS3 Line Interviewed [U TUBE]  (Read 501 times)

Don Seer

Re: Best Buy Burbank - PS3 Line Interviewed [U TUBE]
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 05:59:53 AM »
lol @ blue ray!
yeah that makes games LOADS better.. riiiiiiiight???
From what I've heard, it makes games LOAD slower
what?? then what's the point of blu ray?
yeah it does..
you dont get the point?
haha.. you made assumptions?
the point is sony sneaking their new movie disk format into peoples homes.. thats it!
yeah the disks can hold a lot of data.. but like i said above.. making that amount of content for a game is financially prohibitive... people can't afford to put the money into developing ps3 games unless they're the big ass studios..

"Also unexpected was a feature in Genji to install the game, committing 4GB of data from the game's Blu-ray disc to the PS3's hard drive -- a three-minute one-time-only procedure available from the game's start menu that a Sony rep said cuts down in-game load times from about 15 seconds to 4 seconds."

So, regardless of the debate about the relative read speeds of 2x Blu-ray drives and 12x DVD drives, we can all recognize the obvious benefits of having a hard drive included by default.

lol you guys are just upset your still playing on dvds.

uh dipshit... by installing  the game onto the PS3s harddisk YOU WONT BE PLAYING BLUERAY EITHER LOL!!!

Technodramon

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 07:14:39 AM »
lol @ blue ray!
yeah that makes games LOADS better.. riiiiiiiight???
From what I've heard, it makes games LOAD slower
what?? then what's the point of blu ray?
yeah it does..
you dont get the point?
haha.. you made assumptions?
the point is sony sneaking their new movie disk format into peoples homes.. thats it!
yeah the disks can hold a lot of data.. but like i said above.. making that amount of content for a game is financially prohibitive... people can't afford to put the money into developing ps3 games unless they're the big ass studios..

"Also unexpected was a feature in Genji to install the game, committing 4GB of data from the game's Blu-ray disc to the PS3's hard drive -- a three-minute one-time-only procedure available from the game's start menu that a Sony rep said cuts down in-game load times from about 15 seconds to 4 seconds."

So, regardless of the debate about the relative read speeds of 2x Blu-ray drives and 12x DVD drives, we can all recognize the obvious benefits of having a hard drive included by default.

lol you guys are just upset your still playing on dvds.

uh dipshit... by installing  the game onto the PS3s harddisk YOU WONT BE PLAYING BLUERAY EITHER LOL!!!

^ Genji 25GB - Genji 4GB = 21GB...Is that what you meant ?

Wii /360 Single side = 4.7 GB MAX
Wii/360 Double side = 8.5 GB MAX

Ps3 MAX

Physical size                 Single layer capacity   Dual layer capacity    Quad layer capacity    Sextuple layer capacity
12 cm, single sided               25 GB                      50 GB                       100 GB                    200 GB
12 cm, double sided             50 GB                     100 GB                       200 GB                         N/A

:raisetheroof: :cow: :banana_trippin: :raisetheroof:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:19:38 AM by Techno Kain »

J Bananas

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 07:41:05 AM »
you nerds, get em sik! thats what the megafone is for baby, moments like these

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 08:15:55 PM »
you nerds, get em sik! thats what the megafone is for baby, moments like these
I went down there with the purpose of copping the Doctor's Groupie & screaming at them with the megaphone and this is what I saw when I got there:

:'( :'( :'(
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 01:11:06 AM »

lmao.. attention whores ran home

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 10:12:29 AM »
lol they probrably got kicked out or something.. because there was some guy at target yesterday when i went to get the Doctors Advocate... and he was asking when he can start camping out and the guy told him that he couldnt... that people have already tried and they kicked them out...

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »
I actually talked to this guy I know that works there today, and he said they moved them into tents towards the back of the building so that it won't look like refugees are in front of their store. They haven't left.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

We Fly High

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »
^^ hahahahha.

if you guys wetn to the best buy on La Brea in the hollywood area, DAMN! . there were like 5 newsvans out there, and at least sixty people camping out.

I dont know, some of the people might be waiting for the Wii? i dont know.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:46:00 PM by We Fly High »