Author Topic: Michael Jackson to perform tonight in London at the World Music Awards  (Read 246 times)

Trauma-san

Michael Jackson confirmed it himself: Tonight at the World Music Awards in London, he'll perform "We Are The World" and receive a diamond award for his 100million plus worldwide sales. 

Trauma-san

Re: Michael Jackson to perform tonight in London at the World Music Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:37:54 AM »
Michael picking up 7 world record awards at the Guiness Book of World Records on Tuesday.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 08:51:41 AM »
So 'Thriller' has now officially sold 104 million copies? That's fucking amazing  :o

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:07 AM »
Michael picking up 7 world record awards at the Guiness Book of World Records on Tuesday.

what are the world records for ?

The UK press are saying he is going to perform a reworked version of Thriller with Chris Brown.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 11:20:53 AM »
This better get youtubed.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:06:22 PM »
He didn't perform, I guess he got cold feet or something.

He came on stage, and sang a few bars of we are the world with a bunch of kids, then the music stopped and he flung his jacket into the crowd.

Other people had been rumouring that he would perform thriller.... so Chris Brown came on stage dressed up like Mike, and did Thriller... there was a part where all these zombies dragged chris off stage, and then all this fog came in like Mike was supposed to come on stage and finish the song, but instead the music just stopped.

People had little hand held radios picking up the backstage noise and claimed that the producers were begging mike to go out and perform but he wouldn't do it... I thought the thriller shit sounded strange because all he ever said he would do is perform we are the world. 

Totally fucked up performance, but the place went ape shit anyways, the whole crowd had the building shaking they were screaming so loud.  Here's a video.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 10:48:12 AM »
The uk press are loving this, claiming he got bood off (other people said this werent true), people wanting refunds. I heard it was very badly organised, one person claimed that the people on stage with Michael Jackson were dragged out the crowd shortly before the performance and given t shirts to wear. i dont think he was ever scheduled to perform and the world music awards purly said he would for ticket sales. At the start he wasnt listed as a performer and was only gonna pick up a award.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »
This whole ordeal seems a bit fishy. Depending on where you read a report, Michael was supposed to do totally different things. Some say We Are The World, some say Thriller, some say just the award. Then about him singing a bit of We Are The World - some say he had trouble singing it and got booed, some say it was crazy. Who knows what to believe.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 01:44:24 PM »
I thought he did both? cuz I saw some pics of it...and I saw chris brown wearing mikes clothes

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 05:57:19 AM »
Mike didn't come out during Chris Brown's part, though.  Personally, I think what happened was Mike told them he'd sing a little bit when he came on stage or something, and they made a big deal of it and then tried to talk him into dancing with Chris Brown, which he told them he wouldn't do after he got there. 

He's never not taken the stage when he was supposed to, unless the entire concert was cancelled in advance... if he's there, he's gonna perform.  I think they tried to get him to do something he never agreed to.

As for him having trouble singing, I doubt it.  Say what you want but this guy has one of the greatest voices of all time, I've never heard a video, a song, a tape, anything of his voice being less than perfect.  I've seen recent footage of him singing too and he still has his voice, and also on Invincible he sang the beginning of a song acapella and it was off the chart. 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 09:46:57 AM »
Amazing! The Mike part, of course.