Author Topic: i know i'm late but how true is all the shyt in Da Vinci Code?  (Read 248 times)

West Coast Veteran

i know i'm late but how true is all the shyt in Da Vinci Code?
« on: November 20, 2006, 08:24:42 PM »
is this all speculation like UFO type shit or is their real evidence supporting all that

Sikotic™

Re: i know i'm late but how true is all the shyt in Da Vinci Code?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:30:38 PM »
It's fictional.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:31:55 PM »
very fictional, i was watching a documentary, and dan brown is a dummy, that secret organization (i forgot the name) , was a complete proven hoax, and he got completely fooled by it... there are soome facts, but its all based on speculation and theorys with very little proof...

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:49:38 PM »
Yeah, pretty much everything controversial about it was derived from the Gnostic scriptures, and passed off as part of the bible.

ABN

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 12:36:55 AM »
i saw some shit on Discovery about the Davinci Code and i thought atleast some of the shit Dan had written would be true but i was wrong.

grasshiphopper

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:02:13 AM »
very fictional, i was watching a documentary, and dan brown is a dummy, that secret organization (i forgot the name) , was a complete proven hoax, and he got completely fooled by it... there are soome facts, but its all based on speculation and theorys with very little proof...
you remember what the documentary was called?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 04:16:52 AM »
UFOs are not fake, but the Da Vinci Code is fiction. Google "Disclosure Project" in YouTube or Google video.
The Disclosure Project is 400 high ranking governement whistleblowers telling the truth about UFOs at a press conference in Washington..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:10:56 AM »
the story is fictional but some of the background running through it is part of historical fact, the role of the knights templar, all the paintings (the symbology is derived not fact), the creation of the bible, the locations (roslyn chapel is well worth a visit), the church's desire and enforcement over the years of keeping scripture as they intended is relatively factual...

take the book for what it is, a well written fictional story with themes of both religious fact and heresay.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 09:17:24 AM »
the book just made me wonder how so many people can follow the bible so closely....when there were parts of it which were omitted and altered over the years,  it wasnt even written/compiled while Jesus was alive.   All that shit with Constantine holding meetings with the leaders of the different christian sects to decide what to put into the bible....like whether or not Jesus should be considered a man, or son of god, or divine
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »
Indeed, but that isnt a message portrayed by christians or catholics...many people dont study thier religious history, they are christened or baptised...live the religion, may attend church and be brought up through education and life in that religion but never delve into how it came to be...thats been the case for centuries...

we just happen to live in a world where information (both true and false so it requires care to see whats what) is readily available and so can look into and make our own decisions and come to our own conclusions..

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 07:21:38 AM »
The part about Constantine, and his council deciding when to celebrate easter, what books would be put into the bible etc.....that wuz all real...which is kinda pathetic.

The book of mary magdelin and phillip is also real and was also really left out the bible...for what reasons...who knows. they probly took it out of context everytime it mentioned jesus in the form  of humanity...even though it says God sent him down as a human and to experience human things.

I dunno about the priory of scion....but Templars the way they were made to the way they died...all legit

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 01:56:59 PM »
The part about Constantine, and his council deciding when to celebrate easter, what books would be put into the bible etc.....that wuz all real...which is kinda pathetic.

The book of mary magdelin and phillip is also real and was also really left out the bible...for what reasons...who knows. they probly took it out of context everytime it mentioned jesus in the form  of humanity...even though it says God sent him down as a human and to experience human things.

I dunno about the priory of scion....but Templars the way they were made to the way they died...all legit

If one truly looks in the origin of Christianity, they will see that it was created for one purpose...to unite the Roman Empire under one religion.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »
I'll just spew some of my beliefs on this thread since it's an interesting discussion. 

People adore the bible for the same reason they adore the Great Pyramids.  You may or may not.

When I look @ the pyramids, I cannot imagine how great they must have been at one time, all the people it took to build it, how it looked, whatever... although all that's left now is a huge carcass with it's casing missing and a whole lot of mystery.  It's a big ruin, but at least we've got a big ruin to look at.

Most christians will readily admit that the bible was altered, severely, by the Catholic Church over the years.  What we have left, though, even if some of the things Jesus says are accurate and true, man what a great ruin we have left, just like the great pyramids.  It's all we've got, at least we've got an altered bible.

Some of the things altered by the Catholic church weren't completely destroyed, and you can piece stuff back together, like they did with some of this movie.

For instance.

For years, in the bible, Jesus was followed around by people trying to trick him into saying things, so they could prove him a faker.  for instance, they asked him if he was breaking the sabbath by healing people on Saturday.  (Jews @ the time believed you shouldn't work on the sabbath).  Jesus replied that what man among you, if his mule fell into a hole on the sabbath wouldn't dig him out?

So, all through the bible you have these people trying to trick Christ into saying something, or geting some dirt on the man so they could get him in trouble.

They never once mention that he isn't married.....

In my opinion, the reason they never called him out on being single (which would have been strange in those times, at the age of 33!... you could even be killed for that)... the reason they never mentioned it is because Jesus was probably married.  Having him married, though, to the catholic church doesn't make sense, because they view sex as evil and they don't know how to mate that with the story of the fall of man in the garden of Eden.  So, the Catholic church likely cut out the portions of the bible that portrayed Jesus as a married man.

There's more proof, in my opinion, of this as well.  While dragging the cross he runs across Mary Magdeline, who was a prostitute whom Jesus 'saved' and basically turned her life around.  As Jesus is portrayed in nearly all accounts, he was the type of man who would likely forgive a woman for her past and would likely have no problems marrying a woman who had made mistakes in her life.  After all, he's the 'great redeemer' and forgives everyone of their sins.

Anyways.

When Jesus was crucified, he was taken off the cross in haste because they had to have his dead, unclean body buried before it got Dark.  When dark fell, the new day started in jerusalem... and the new day that week would be passover,the celebration of when the children of egypt were slain but the jewish children were spared.  So the body couldn't be touched after dark, jews believed it was unclean to touch dead meat on passover.  The next day was the end of passover, then the next night began the sabbath, same thing.  The next day after that would have been the end of the passover, then the next night would have been the beginning of the third day.  At sunup would have been the middle of the third day... when famously, two women went to Jesus's tomb.

Their intent was to clean his body and bury it properly... the two women were Mary, his mother, and Mary Magdeline.

Now.... why would Mary Magdeline be cleaning the naked, dead body of a man who wasn't her husband?  Simple, in my opinion, he was her husband.

One of the greatest callings in life is to be a husband, a wife, a father, a mother.  You think Jesus, being the great man that even haters are forced to admit he was, would forsake all that for no reason?  Hell no.  I'll bet he lived, he loved, he married, and he had children. 

AndrE16686

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 10:23:28 PM »
I just read the Dead Sea scrolls,  it forms four new gospels  Book of Thomas. I read it all and He is a very different Jesus in it. The quotes in the Dead Sea Scrolls are attributed to Jesus, straight from the Prophet's mouth as opposed to being interpreted by one of his Apostles.  After I read it all,  Jesus' teachings sound just like Buddhism and Jesus sounds pissed at his follower's ignorance.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
it's all fiction