Author Topic: Nas feat The Game- QB Tru G (produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 613 times)

teecee

Re: Nas feat The Game- QB Tru G (produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
Thanks for the hook up, tight track!

And razzaz, you gotta quit sleepin homie!  Probably the best way to get into Nas is to cop Stillmatic and It Was Written, two of hi smore radio friendly (but still straight hiphop) albums.  From there, his classic Illmatic is the way to go, but this one will take some serious listening to before you can really appreciate how incredible it truly is.  Also check out the Lost Tapes, incredible shit on there.

As for songs, get ahold of these, a nice collection of a variety of styles from Nas:

The Message
If I ruled the World
Doo Rags
Made You Look remix
Take it In Blood
Life's a Bitch
I Can
The World is YOurs
Represent
One Mic

From here, you should be hooked man@

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 09:29:22 PM »
best of both coasts nigga!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 11:36:08 PM »
DAMN THIS IS HOOOOOOT....

Game and Dre  ;)

i wonder if they were in the studio together for this...

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 12:39:35 AM »
Pretty good track overall, beat isn't anything special, but I would choose it over any of the Dre beats on Kingdome Come.

Nas is Nas, spits heat like always.I gotta admit that Game story about his expirience in the record store sounded corny to me on paper, but it's dope.

Like I already said, pretty good track

And, didn't Jrome say he heard the premiere to the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" video was going to be today?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »
Nice song. The hook sounds a lot like "Get You Some" though.

Well, this was made in the Big Bang sessions, so it makes sense.

The prouction sounds like a better version of Get Low.

Nas rips it like usually, Game is nice too.

Way better than Why You Hate The Game.

and wtf is up with Nas tracks leaking every week   >:(

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 12:58:03 AM »
and wtf is up with Nas tracks leaking every week   >:(

yeah that's so fucking weird lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 01:46:48 AM »
Daaaamn! It's been decided, i'm getting Hip - Hop is dead as well, it's the next album on my list. That song alone is sounding good...The east is growing on me too now! Papoose, Jay Z's kingdom come, now Nas...

Serious talk right now, i orignally thought Nas was just big hype, i ain't heard any decent tracks from him yet, someone point me out some of his highest points in the rap game, only song that i felt was catchy was what was it...Your da man. Yeah that was it, off DJ Johnny blaze's mixtape from time ago.

Are you just getting into Hip hop? If yes, i would recommend Nas's newer shit first, and only later check out his classic old school album "Illmatic"

I recommend getting Nas albums in this order: "Stillmatic" First, then "God's Son", "Lost Tapes", "Street's Disciple", "It Was Written", "Illmatic," "I Am", "Nastradamus"... The last one is optional, it only has like 2-3 tight tracks on it
Thanks for the hook up, tight track!

And razzaz, you gotta quit sleepin homie!  Probably the best way to get into Nas is to cop Stillmatic and It Was Written, two of hi smore radio friendly (but still straight hiphop) albums.  From there, his classic Illmatic is the way to go, but this one will take some serious listening to before you can really appreciate how incredible it truly is.  Also check out the Lost Tapes, incredible shit on there.

As for songs, get ahold of these, a nice collection of a variety of styles from Nas:

The Message
If I ruled the World
Doo Rags
Made You Look remix
Take it In Blood
Life's a Bitch
I Can
The World is YOurs
Represent
One Mic

From here, you should be hooked man@

Thanks ya'll. Naw naw I've been into hip-hop for years on some real talk, bumping DJ Quik, Snoop, Dre, Game (Now...), Pap, 2pac, Damani, all sorts. Just I always hear Nas being all that yet I ain't heard a single decent track from him yet was making it feel weird so i just gotta know what made him so good. I'll go check this out as soon as i can then  ;D Thanks again.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 04:00:38 AM »
Track is nice!

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 06:40:09 AM »
good traacj
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Raphael

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »
dope song 8) propz

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 01:17:13 PM »

Yeah as soon as I heard it, it made me fink of Get Low. Get Low is a bangin beat tho imo!

Dope track, has raised the hype 4 me 4 hip hop is dead!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 02:21:42 PM »
Nice track. 4/5

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 02:45:46 PM »

Yeah as soon as I heard it, it made me fink of Get Low. Get Low is a bangin beat tho imo!

Actually now that Ive listened to it more it sounds like a weaker version of Get Low. At least that one had some piano.

This has the exact same drum pattern as Trouble from Jay, same strings as Get Low from Stat and similliar chours to Get You Some.

Dre didnt put much effort in this  :-\

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:30 PM »

Actually now that Ive listened to it more it sounds like a weaker version of Get Low. At least that one had some piano.

This has the exact same drum pattern as Trouble from Jay, same strings as Get Low from Stat and similliar chours to Get You Some.

Dre didnt put much effort in this  :-\

yea, the beats cool but it uses the same strings as get low, only arranged in a less exciting way. dres gotta start spicin his shit up again.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 04:23:43 PM »
dre beats are real dry up right now, thats a decent beat don't get me wrong......but i mean that aint no dre drum nigga....the fuck happened to his shit, wheres the funk, the shit he did for snoop was the worst snoop dre collabos i heard in a long ass time, i was hella dissapointed....yes imagine was nice but dre..........c'mon dawg, go check ya shit on the wash, last meal, hennessey n buddah y'all? shiiiiiiiiiit

speaking of the joint though, its still bangin,lol.........nas kills it, and so does game, noone can deny both tore shit up here.....i like marsha hooks but she seems out of place on this, the lil game hook type of thing suited better, nas should have spit like a back n forth hook or someshit instead of marsha coming up with that shit.....its real similar to get you some too........i guess this is gone be one of the opening tracks for nas's album, its got that vibe, track 1-4 material,

peace