Author Topic: How Religions are Made  (Read 401 times)

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
How Religions are Made
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »
In reality, the formed beings currently portrayed as both God and the Devil are creations of the human being, not vice versa. This can be shown quite simply by using as illustration the evolution of religion. Religion, as it turns out to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, is not a divine revelation from any god person who created everything and knows all. In actuality, religion is a construct that takes centuries and millennia to complete, beginning with various perceptions of the natural and supernatural worlds around us.

The first perception we have of the "supernatural hand of God" is elemental: the wind, the heat, the cold, the light, the dark, the rain, etc. Because the elements seem to have a mind of their own, human beings love to anthropomorphize them and give them human qualities. Thus, purely atmospheric phenomena come to be viewed as expressions of a humanlike entity with a mind of its own. We ascribe personality characteristics to the various entities we build up around the elements. For example, Zeus, the Greek sky-god father-figure, takes on a thunder-and-lighting personality.

This is how religion evolves. Although religous people may oppose this notion, all religion is basically mythology built upon limited human perceptions of what is in the universe, and not upon concrete and absolute truths. Absolute truth has no form; hence, whenever God is portrayed as having form, whether human or animal, male or female, black, white or polka-dotted, it is not the Truth.

In looking at religion, you'll find around the globe is a core mythos based on atmospheric elements and planetary bodies or other natural forces with a variety of forms they take on. In places where the skin of the inhabitants is red, the god may have red skin, and where the skin is white, the god may have white skin, and so on. It is completely arbitrary and not based on actual fact.

What happens is that different groups of people--and there have been very many cultures and groups on this planet--bring their distinct interpretations of deity to each other, whether through friendly merger or violent conquest, the latter of which seems to be the norm. During this merger process, the predominant people will force their particular, ethnocentric, egocentric and gender-centric interpretation of deity upon the conquered peoples. At the same time, they will also either make the conquered deities into lesser gods, godmen, heroes or patriarchs in their own pantheon, or they will turn the conquered deity or deities into demons and devils.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re: How Religions are Made
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:39:22 PM »
Well, thank you. But isn't all of this rather obvious kicking-in-the-open-door information?

'Fear made the first gods'

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »

This is how religion evolves. Although religous people may oppose this notion, all religion is basically mythology built upon limited human perceptions of what is in the universe, and not upon concrete and absolute truths. Absolute truth has no form; hence, whenever God is portrayed as having form, whether human or animal, male or female, black, white or polka-dotted, it is not the Truth.

Clearly this guy is Euro-centric and has never humbled himself enough to study Islam.  Because he made sweeping claims about "all religions" when Islam agree's with him entirely that "Absolute truth has no form; hence, whenever God is portrayed as having form, whether human or animal, male or female, black, white or polka-dotted, it is not the Truth."

In Islam we learn the true concept of God which is explained clearly throughout the Qu'ran, check Surutal (Chapter) Iklas for example:

"Say Allah is The One
Allah the Eternal, Absolute
He Has No Son, Nor is He A Son
And THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HIM".

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 04:22:05 PM »

Clearly this guy is Euro-centric and has never humbled himself enough to study Islam.  Because he made sweeping claims about "all religions" when Islam agree's with him entirely that "Absolute truth has no form; hence, whenever God is portrayed as having form, whether human or animal, male or female, black, white or polka-dotted, it is not the Truth."

In Islam we learn the true concept of God which is explained clearly throughout the Qu'ran, check Surutal (Chapter) Iklas for example:

"Say Allah is The One
Allah the Eternal, Absolute
He Has No Son, Nor is He A Son
And THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HIM
".

When referring to your God source as "HIM", you are giving it form hence, it is human. So, whenever God is being portrayed as having form, it is not the Truth. You've totally missed the point.

As far as GOD....it's just a title for the source of all things created. And yes, I do acknowledge this source. After all, I am this source. That sounds very blasphemous and anti-everything to the typical Christian or Muslim mind. Thing is, I don't submit to the Christian's or Muslim's version of this source that they call GOD and Allah. Nor do I accept all of the Bible and Quran. I'm spiritually based and don't accept anything concerning my soul/spirit without question particually, when it has been forged and interpolated over the millinnea to serve the interests of power-hungry men. I may as well put my life in the hands of man by doing so.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:40:48 PM by 7even »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
When referring to your God source as "HIM", you are giving it form hence, it is human. So, whenever God is being portrayed as having form, it is not the Truth. You've totally missed the point.

As far as GOD....it's just a title for the source of all things created. And yes, I do acknowledge this source. After all, I am this source. That sounds very blasphemous and anti-everything to the typical Christian or Muslim mind. Thing is, I don't submit to the Christian's or Muslim's version of this source that they call GOD and Allah. Nor do I accept all of the Bible and Quran. I'm spiritually based and don't accept anything concerning my soul/spirit without question particually, when it has been forged and interpolated over the millinnea to serve the interests of power-hungry men. I may as well put my life in the hands of man by doing so.

Allah is not a person, place, thing, man, he, her, him, it.  In the English language you don't use a noun over and over saying "God" this, "God" that but you place a he in it's place so it doesn't sound redundant.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 07:08:02 PM »
dont bother getting in to it with infite (aka bryan). he's so put off and ashamed of his midwestern upbringing he'll stop at nothing to prove his allegiance to an institution not accepted by his fellow corn fed brother in kansas. the only thing youll get from him is copy/pasted blog rants from nutcase radical muslims :(

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »

Allah is not a person, place, thing, man, he, her, him, it.  In the English language you don't use a noun over and over saying "God" this, "God" that but you place a he in it's place so it doesn't sound redundant.

Allah is a book, so Merovingian's theory applies. Anything pertaining to Allah that is not in the Quran is considered wrong or untruthful in Islam. You cannot believe or have faith in anything that contradicts that book. Correct me if I'm wrong. Whether that book is true or not is not the question. The point is you define Allah or God by a noun, and that noun is the Quran, which is a book.

Merovingian,  I am a Christian and it would appear that I have to take the Bible as absolute truth because according to how it is taught it was a council guided by the Holy Spirit that wrote that book as it is today. But I am not that blind in my faith. First I look at everything it says Jesus said and see what is in the other books that contradict what he said. So then I throw that out as man made bullshit for the time it was written. Then I look at what Jesus preached and see what I disagree with. Fortunately for my faith I have never read anything I disagree with morally, and everything not pertaining to morality, like eternal life, elgibility, etc is said so philosophically I can twist it to mean anything. Too many Christians take what Jesus said too literally, when you simplt cannot make it literal because it can mean so many things. Eternal life could be memory, or legacy. Heaven could be peace of mind. You can't 100% argue otherwise, like you can with "do not kill".

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 07:21:40 PM »

I believe you are slightly wrong and I am not posing as an expert on these matters but I have heard numerous islamic scholars say that you should not always strictly adhere to the quaran. That Allah intended for the individual to make their own interpretation of certain issues and that sometimes the individual was compelled to make their own choices and that the book itself only gave guidance.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:23:37 PM by virtuoso »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 06:59:25 AM »

I believe you are slightly wrong and I am not posing as an expert on these matters but I have heard numerous islamic scholars say that you should not always strictly adhere to the quaran. That Allah intended for the individual to make their own interpretation of certain issues and that sometimes the individual was compelled to make their own choices and that the book itself only gave guidance.

I'm not doubting you. It's just in my experience with Muslims they treat the Quran the bottom line. Maybe they're wong. Infinite, Nibs, Tech, whoever, do you go by the idea that the Quran can be dismissed in areas where it go against your personal morality?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 07:14:55 AM »
(Shallow) - nibs, do you go by the idea that the Quran can be dismissed in areas where it go against your personal morality?

my contiued research into the origins of knowledge/religion have indicated to me that the qu'ran was not divinely inspired, but based on other works of men; specifically the bible.

the main point of contention i have found is in stories and symbolism that the bible plagiarized from kemetic and sumerian sources, that the qu'ran does not correct, but merely repeats as fact.  citing people and events as real, when they are corruptions of concepts that were symbolic, and plagiarized in the old testament.

however, i don't see any harm in people choosing to believe in the bible or qu'ran if it benefits them and their lives.

also, these texts should be interpretted as a guide on how to think; thus a person should learn to think righteously and act righteously; and not superstitiously try to interpret a text.
the entire sufism sect in islam is based on this principle, and they would not put an interpretation of the qu'ran over their own personal enlightenment.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:24:43 AM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 07:21:21 AM »
(Merovingian) - In looking at religion, you'll find around the globe is a core mythos based on atmospheric elements and planetary bodies or other natural forces with a variety of forms they take on. In places where the skin of the inhabitants is red, the god may have red skin, and where the skin is white, the god may have white skin, and so on. It is completely arbitrary and not based on actual fact.

actually, the original beliefs were that there was a spiritual aspect to everything, that the world was alive on a spiritual level, and that everything in nature, including man, followed the same divine plan of a creator.  thus, studying nature revealed this plan, it was important to stay in tune with the cycles of nature (thus in tune with the plan), and the future can be learned by studying nature.

also, the original beliefs were that in previous, more enlightened, ages; lesser gods would incarnate as men on earth.  lesser gods in these religions are equitable to the angels in the bible or qu'ran.  that these divine spirits could incarnate on earth and lead and teach.
thus, lesser gods would have the human forms of their host populations.  skin color at times would symbolically represent attributes in pictoral representations...etc.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:24:23 AM by nibs »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »
The finite mind of man can have direct communication with Infinite Intelligence.  When the conscious mind is working at an exceedingly rapid rate, as for example, when the conscious mind is stimulated through great focus, struggle, desire, mediation, enlightenment, etc, the finite mind can have communication with the Infinite Intelligence of Allah.

The Infinite Intelligence of Allah knows everything that is before us and behind us.  We all have had visions in our own mind of doing something in the future, like we picture ourselves going to the store in the future, and what we might buy, and those things all happen like we had imagined them.  This is a glimpse into the future at a smaller level.

The point being that the Prophets were in communication with Allah's Infinite Intelligence and through this they recieved "inspiration" and "revelation".

The Prophet Muhammad was of a highly enlightened conscience, and stimulated by a higher sense of struggle and purpose, and thus he was chosen to recieve "inspiration" and "revelation" from Allah.  This is what the Qu'ran consists of.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »

That is correct.  A Muslim does not neccasarily believe that "everything" is in the Qu'ran, although the Qu'ran does definitely set the giudelines.  Many thoughts, idea's, actions can not be transmuted through mere words.  Therefore, the Qu'ran is not the ONLY source of knowledge, although it is the highest source of knowledge and offers an analysis on all things.  It gives us our parameters for a believe system in which the creation is in submission to the Creator.  And like Nibs said the Sufi sect of Islam would not put interpretation over their own spiritual enlightenment.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 12:14:48 PM »

the main point of contention i have found is in stories and symbolism that the bible plagiarized from kemetic and sumerian sources, that the qu'ran does not correct, but merely repeats as fact.  citing people and events as real, when they are corruptions of concepts that were symbolic, and plagiarized in the old testament.

This should not be a point of contention because the Qu'ran itself mentions that the stories are not all literal in meaning, but stories of old passed down.  Therefore, belief in Islam is not contigent and does not hinge on believing in any of the stories that may have origionally been offered by kemetic and sumerian sources.  This verse offers a clear explanation of the Islamic position on this issue...

Qu'ran verse 3:7

"(Allah) sent down to you this scripture, containing straightforward verses - which constitute the essence of the scripture - as well as multiple-meaning or allegorical verses. Those who harbor doubts in their hearts will pursue the multiple-meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning. None knows the true meaning thereof except Allah and those well founded in knowledge. They say, "We believe in this - all of it comes from our Lord." Only those who possess intelligence will take heed."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:17:23 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 01:13:15 PM »
the main point of contention i have found is in stories and symbolism that the bible plagiarized from kemetic and sumerian sources, that the qu'ran does not correct, but merely repeats as fact. 

(Hajj Abdul-Infinite) - This should not be a point of contention because the Qu'ran itself mentions that the stories are not all literal in meaning, but stories of old passed down.

it's a point of contention of the qu'ran destroys the original symbolism; which it does in many circumstances.

i don't see a need to argue this. 

in terms of islam, i feel they have correctly preserved the wudu/ablution rituals and also solar alignment while praying.  those aspects i continue to incorporate into my spiritual practices.

in terms of the spiritual philosophy/understanding/practices; and the theology; my studies have led me elsewhere.