Author Topic: future of aftermath - thread 5- DETOX & DR. DRE  (Read 1579 times)

teecee

Re: future of aftermath - thread 5- DETOX & DR. DR
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2001, 09:16:41 AM »
he never said it was to be an instrumental album!  Maybe he said this album will be instrumental in cementing him as the greatest producer ever....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2001, 10:53:32 AM »
i think if that is Dre's frame of mind than he is nothing like what i thought he was...you are saying that after these projects he will no longer have any want or need to make music...in my opinion if that is really true, than i wouldn't consider him a musician at all...musicains always want and need to make music, it's just whether or not it's good or not, if they don't like it, obviously it's not gonna see the light of day...i just don't understand you saying something like this...i can't imagine Dre saying "well you know guys, when i finally get this detox shit outta the way, and prove to everyone that i am the greatest rap producer of all time, i am just gonna hang up the shoes and say fuck it all"...that's bullshit, when gretsky or jordan or any other legend in their catagory retired, do you actually think that they just gave it up like candy during lent, hell no...they continued to do their thing, but just not at a professionally competitive level...i think that if this is dre's last shit, it won't be, it can't be...in the words of too short, you can't stay away...mark my words yall, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2001, 05:44:53 PM »
thank for tha news.. damn detox is gonna be dope.. i'm anticipating it proably tha most out of any album

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2001, 08:55:48 PM »
hey guys whats up. sorry if my post got the wrong message across. a lot of what i was talking about was dre as a solo artist. detox will be his final solo album. as a solo artist he will have nothing really to prove after detox. and if projects like detox and oh my god go as he hopes those albums will be the pinacle of his production career. however he's not gonna just stop producing. my post contained the phrase "dre will continue to produce as music is his heart and soul".  dre will continue to produce music cause that is the gift god gave him and that is his first love. however, if dre decided to quit producing after detox he could. if detox turns out to be the ultimate bomb, and he can't do any better he could retire and never have to sit behind the boards again.  the key word there is could. god willing i'm sure dre will produce music for at least 10-20 more years. he still wants to do a rock album, a jazz album, an instrumental album and maybe do a album where he produces for hand picked artists in various genres (ala santana). he will also score movies and do movies soundtracks. dre producing music 10 years from now would be mostly because of his love for music, not because he really has anything to prove. in 2 years after detox is released dre could step away from production and know he was the best there ever was. he would have the option to do that. he's worked incredibly hard. if he wants to retire and enjoy a quiet life with his family he has earned the right to do that. although dre is publically fun and outgoing, privately dre is quiet, internal, humble and a loving citizen, husband and father. he doesn't need the spotlight to survive. dre's role model is quincy jones and dre wants to expand much the same way q did. at this point in time dre really wants to get into the movie industry and be the power player he is in music. that is something that motivates him. people don't think he can be a quality actor, director or writer. and the word CAN'T motivates dre to prove to everyone he can.  dre focusing on movies for a few years would be much like when jordan played baseball for a few years. i'm confident dre will be much more successful in movies than jordan was in baseball. but eventually he'd probably come back to what he does best -  producing. each time dre steps away from producing, eventually after a few years the love and fire would bring him back to producing, the same reasons mike came back to basketball. (by the way mike's slowly getting his legs back and returning to form. in entertainment there are two people i would never underestimate or doubt -dre and jordan, those 2 legends are capable of creating miracles)however sports only have a certain window. producing records doesn't. after DETOX dre will for the most part get out of the spotlight and go behind the scenes being " the watcher", producing records, finding and developing talent, sitting behind a desk running his business (aftermath). we will have to wait and see how the movie thing goes. but dre will probably never quit producing altogether. detox is gonna be the perfect ending for dre's career as a solo artist.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

mellowman

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2001, 09:21:03 PM »
a few responses to comments on this thread. DETOX will be available in the regular cd format. it will also be in the sacd 5.1 format. for that you will have to have a capable player, receiver and speaker set up. and eventually i would expect detox to be available in dvd-audio. willie don't cry yet. dre wants to totally reinvent himself. and remember dre said after 2001 he would never do another g-funk track. and The wash and a few others are definetly g-funk.
dan- buy the wash, get a buzz and light a joint, put the cd in your headphones and listen to get fucked up with me in cd quality. then maybe you'll like it. i love the track cause its so experimental. and experimental and innovative is what DETOX will be. so forget everything you think you know about dre's production, open up your mind and give detox a chance. with rap music being so unoriginal, using tired production, topics and lyrics we gotta change shit up to keep rap going. if we don't try something extremely original and new raps in trouble. so once again dre's gonna take the lead and do the impossible.

sp prepare yourselves motherfuckaz cause DETOX is about to blow everyone else into oblivion. peace

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2001, 09:28:26 PM »
thanks for the info mellow.  reading that post just made me excited to hear dre's new sound.  i have faith that dre will fucken change music forever.  i am definetly anticipating that album. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Peace

mellowman

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2001, 09:29:37 PM »
the bold didn't work so here is a little DETOX rap

" Others try as they might but their music sounds stale,
when dre drops detox it's sound will become the holy grail
if others try and copy dre I promise they will fail,
because they'll cough up their lungs if they try and enhale,
they can follow but never lead cause Dre is blazin the trail." ;)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2001, 09:37:01 AM »
::)
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

gFuNkA

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2001, 10:11:56 AM »
i´m looking foward to Dre´s final solo project...it´s time to hear somethin´ different...other instruments...perhaps a new style...live band...
...speaking of live bands, i heard warren g playing with a live band at his gig in london back in the days and damn...the music was so dope.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2001, 11:07:46 AM »
Yo i gotta big question Mel...can you describe detox LYRICALLY? Because i have no doubts about dre's jaw dropping production but it pisses me off that he comes with genius beats and still talking about stupid shit like hoes (Put It On Me)...no offense to him or quik,nice song but it's the same case as Dillinger & Young Gotti,fantastic production with mediocre(not bad but average,you know...) raps...and YOU complained about D&YG....don't get me wrong,i got nothing but love for your peoples camp,Dre is my fave hip-hop artist(Kurupt bein my fave MC) but it'd be nice to know that dre is gonna have his lyricists step up here...speaking of which...who's writin his rhymes this time? It'd be NICE to see Rakim do that...just some thoughts/questions,thanks for your time man.PEACE-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

mellowman

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2001, 09:31:41 PM »
expect dre to go on tour one more time, probably after detox drops. and this time expect dre to ditch the turntables for a full scale live band. as far as the lyrical content and song topics on DETOX they will be different than anything out there and another 180 from things on chronic and 2001. early results talked about things from anti-bling bling, anti-materialism, anti-shittalking, anti-haters, and anti-violence, to the discussion of the internet and napster controvery, to personal things from dre, and of course a small amount of bravado from dre about his production skills. there is no way to know at this point exactly what the songs that make the final cut will talk about. but expect the unexpected. and expect some things to be fresh and some things to be very creative. i agree with what your saying about the tired topics in hip hop. dre agrees and he will flip the script on what people expect dre to talk about. dre will get help from a lot of lyricists. rakim would be a huge difference maker. if rakim gets to la to get work done i would expect him to have a big impact on detox. but make no mistake DETOX is about the music and dre will definitly bring new meaning to his chocolate bomber nickname. the bombs dre drops on detox will be big enough to blow that coward bin laden outta his cave and leave him fucked up beyond recognition.

Murrow

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2001, 09:10:32 AM »
I always thought taking "2001" unplugged would be the greatest thing.  Have Mike, Scott, Camara, Tommy playing live instruments and Mel-Man behind the truntables to add the sratches...wow.  Dre would sit back and rap on a stool.  "Detox" would be a good idea..I hope Dre does this...with a full blown orchestra too...shit.

gFuNkA

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2001, 10:21:41 AM »

I always thought taking "2001" unplugged would be the greatest thing.  Have Mike, Scott, Camara, Tommy playing live instruments and Mel-Man behind the truntables to add the sratches...wow.  Dre would sit back and rap on a stool.  "Detox" would be a good idea..I hope Dre does this...with a full blown orchestra too...shit.

HELL YEAH

Murrow

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2001, 12:30:36 PM »

HELL YEAH

Just think about it y'all...it would be incedible period.  Dre's tracks are built so he could put on a very ill live show.  

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
Re: future of aftermath - thread 5- DETOX & DR. DRE
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »
Again he's not telling us anything. He's either telling us shit we already know or can assume.  Is it breaking news that Dre wants to go for a unique sound on Detox? Is it really going out on a limb saying Dre wants to experiment with Jazz, Classical, and other types of music on Detox (which by the way probably will never come out)? Its all just a bunch of rhetoric