Author Topic: future of aftermath - thread 5- DETOX & DR. DRE  (Read 1581 times)

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
future of aftermath - thread 5- DETOX & DR. DRE
« on: October 31, 2001, 07:04:54 PM »
well i got only a few more long ass posts for y’all then you’ll be able to rest your eyes for good. I decided to combine the future of detox and dre together to finish up the future of Aftermath series of threads. since Dr. Dre is Aftermath his future is aftermath’s future. DETOX WILL BE DRE’S FINAL SOLO ALBUM. The reason? Dre does not want to be rapping in his forties. he will be in his late 30’s by the time DETOX drops. (Detox is set to drop late next summer but most likely next November or summer 2003.) he’ll probably drop a verse every once in a while after detox but not very often. Detox is the final installment in dre’s solo album trilogy. Chronic was the breakout for Dre, “2001” was proof that Dre was still at the top of his game as well as a fuck you to critics who thought he lost it. Detox will confirm dre’s genius and legend forever. combined they’ll have sold over 20 million copies. Dre wants to go out with a bang and create his best album and create the classic he’s still trying to make. Who will be on detox? expect the old favorites - snoop, em, nate, xzibit, etc. expect some new favorites like rakim, truth, knoc, kokane and a few up and comers. basically we will try and round up everyone from his past who has worked well with dre - MC ren,cube, dpg,rbx,doc, etc. we want to end the album with a track called “LEGEND”. it would be a huge grand finale with friends saluting dre and dre would give one final verse to end his solo career in his own words as the greatest producer in rap history. What will DETOX sound like? dre will work mostly with mel-man and his regular team of musicians. he may bring in a few other producers to co produce a track or two. and he'll bring in a number of other musicians to play some of the unusual instruments dre plans on using. originally Dre was planning on doing a concept album mixing p-funk and electronic sounds. dre has been working on Detox tracks off and on this year.  he used the detox sound on a few of his collabs the last half of this year. but now everyone seems to be copying dre’s new futuristic sound. so right now dre is probably gonna throw everything away and start over from scratch. he wants DETOX to be something totally different than anything he’s done or anything out there. Detox will still be a concept album. there is a reason he is calling it Detox. detox will be a 180 from the chronic. the name is perfect.  its time to turn himself into drug rehab, dry out and really reinvent himself (a play on words dre aint actually going to rehab). chronic and chronic 2000 (eventually changed to “2001”) and now detox. dre’s dream for detox is to be his most innovative, original, best album and something that will change the face of music forever. and to do that he has to throw out g-funk and bring a new funk never heard before. it will be virtually 100 percent sample free and he will use a wide array of instruments.  dre loves orchestra instruments. (so do i so thats a route i would love to see him take). he’s always wanted to work with a full scale orchestra. i wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up on detox. if it does it won’t be bach or Beethoven. it will be a crazy funk orchestra - george clinton on crack. if he goes that route it will take a little longer. I guarantee he will use orchestra instruments like flutes, horns, cellos, other strings, and especially my favorite instrument the bad motherfuckin upright bass (which mike has played on tracks like phone tap, bitch please 1 and 2, bad guys always die and xzibits wash track "get fucked up with me"). i promise you’ll hear a lot of that. in fact detox will take the same approach as that new xzibit track. its will be an experimental sound that fucks up your senses. detox will be a little more uptempo and complex than that though. other sounds include reggae, jazz, rock guitars and some really crazy computer/electronic sounds. you might hear live drums and a live band. some of you will be pissed that dre is going for such a crazy sound. dre will include a small taste of the past but not much. "The wash" track will probably be the last vintage g funk you’ll hear from dre. if you don’t wanna come along for this ride fine. if you want to live in the past and present stay there. but if you want to hear the future hop in with dre and he’ll take you there. but dont dis dre for trying to be as creative and original as possible. expect to hear the unexpected and a incredible mix of instruments, sounds and sonic effects coming at you in every direction. like i broke to you many months ago Dre is going 5.1 digital. so start saving money for a super audio compact disc player (AKA SACD, made by Sony and Phillips).  you also gotta have a compatible receiver and the 6 speakers needed to complete the puzzle in order to hear a 5.1 version of Detox. the reason i said SACD instead of dvd audio (the other 5.1 format) is because universal, which distributes interscope and aftermath, made SACD its format choice. some day they may incorporate both formats but not yet. when and if it comes out in DVD audio besideds the music there will be videos, interviews, behind the scenes shit, song credits and some in studio footage all on the same disc.  the sacd titles will see widespread release next year. besides detox if he has time dre hopes to personally remix 2001, mmlp, the wash, and newer stuff like oh my god. the other titles may have to be remixed by someone else. dre WILL remix Detox using the 6 channels 5.1 provides(the six channels are:1 center, 2 front, a subwoofer and 2 rear surround speakers. only 2 channels are used for a regular cd). DETOX is dre’s vision so he will be the only one to engineer and mix it.  With 5.1 sound expect dre to engulf you with all the kinds of noise. explosions behind you, bullets and planes zipping by your head, voices all over the room, sound effects bouncing off your walls. instruments will come from all channels. basslines will do a funky worm and crawl up and down and side to side across the room. dre’s gonna blow you out of the back wall of the theater. and he might blow your minds and cause your brains to drip outta your ears. I know this post will get the pressure started and the doubt beginning. but dre wants you to doubt him. he wants his back against the wall with something to prove. he wants you to,  cause when you do hes gonna come out fighting like someones trying to kill his family. DETOX will end his solo career like jordan did when he made the last second shot against utah to win championship and mvp number 6. however unlike mike dre ain't coming back. sonic armaggedon is coming so prepare yourself. during the next year or two when dre works on this he will be a stealth bomber creeping up on all punk motherfuckers and then upon the release of DETOX he'll drop his atomic bomb to blow em all up. on DETOX dre is shooting for a classic, the perfect album and a sonic bomb that will resonate through eternity and live forever. whether he reaches his goals or not its gonna be fun to watch and its gonna be the most incredible shit you ever heard.  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
Re: future of aftermath - thread 5- DETOX & DR. DR
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2001, 07:11:15 PM »
now that i have calmed my excitement down let me look ahead at the future of dre and aftermath. in the next few years dre is to work on and finish - detox, oh my god, knoc’s landing, hitts big score, man vs machine, doggystyle 2, ain’t that the truth, soundtracks for ems untitled movie, el diablo, raincoats, a few collabs and some new Aftermath artists. and he will remix most of the old catalogue in 5.1 sound. but expect dre to slowly move away from music and move towards movies. dre plans to produce, direct, star, and write movies. he will also score movies and e.p and supervise their soundtracks, and control soundtracks. in about 2 or 3 years dre will make movies his focus. its his dream so let him go after it. this will incorporate the movie segment of Aftermath. at the same time dre will run aftermath’s music division. he will continue to produce as music is his heart and soul. he will also executive produce, find and guide new talent. he will direct more videos and do a few verses here and there. but after detox, oh my god and a few other projects dre will have no more to prove in music. with no more dreams to accomplish and the motivation for making music wont be there. he’ll have accomplished every possible award (even the rock and roll hall of fame down the road), he reinvented and changed music many times and worked with all the artists he wanted to work with. he have lived a dream life, made millions and he has a great family to spend the rest of his life with. he’ll leave his consistently brilliant and mind blowing catalogue of musical productions to speak for himself. and they will stand the test of time. then the greatest producer in rap history will turn over most of the reigns to mel man. he’ll look for production talent like sam sneed, mike elizindo, scott storch and a few others not yet discovered.  I think i covered everything. tomorrow i will post what its like when dre’s in the studio creating original tracks. i know i touched on that a few times but i can't leave until I drop the full knowledge on that topic. till then peace.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2001, 07:16:51 PM »
Oh shit, that track legend oh shit,  i dont know what to say,  damn DETOX sounds phat,  damn imma be anticpating this album like crazy for tha next 2 years

Mighty Whitey

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2001, 07:18:27 PM »
so we gotta buy a new stereo to be able to hear this shit? fuck ..
brain damage ever since the day I was born.. drugs what they used to say I was on.

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2001, 07:50:11 PM »
damn ........ i just pissed my pants .   :o

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2001, 08:28:32 PM »

during the next year or two when dre works on this he will be a stealth bomber creeping up on all punk motherfuckers and then upon the release of DETOX he'll drop his atomic bomb to blow em all up.

LOL I Love The Way You Use Words, You Remind Me Of Me.  LOL

Anyways, Ima Go On Record And Say, Even Though Dre Says It, you Believe It, And Everything Else, Dre Will NEVER EVER Stay Retired From Music.  And I Doubt Detox Will Be His Last Album.  I Think It'll Be Maybe His Last RAP Album, But I Wouldn't Be Surprised To See Dre In The Future Put Together An R&B Album (He Wouldn't Sing, LOL Of Course), Or Even Jazz Or Metal, Or Something.  I Know He'll Be Old, But That Won't Stop Him.  He Reminds Me Of Quincy Jones... Quincy's What, In His Late 60's? He Has NOTHING To Prove In Music, But He's Still Out There Doing HIs Thing.  

Look At Paul McCartney.  He Has 0 To Prove, He's Done Everything Possible In Music, But Yet He Still Makes Music And Releases It, Even Though He's Almost A Billionaire.  Dre'll Do The Same Thing, I Think.  Maybe Dre Doesn't Think So Right Now, And Maybe He Thinks He'll Be Big In Movies And Just Occasionally Dabble In Music, But Eventually, He'll Return To Assembling Talent And Helping Them Blow Up, Which I Think Is His Biggest Contribution To Rap, Not Really What HE Rapped, But The Artists And Talent He Introduced And Helped Make Big On The Chronic, Straight Outta Compton (Not So Much There), The Doc's Album, Michelle's Album, The Aftermath Album, The Eminem Album, Xzibit's Album, Doggystyle, Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.  Like I Said, Dre's Quincy Jones And Paul McCartney, Just 30 Years Younger.

So My View Is I Think Dre Feels He's Gonna Retire And Not Be Heavy Into Music Anymore, Maybe Just Do A Few Tracks Here And There, But I Think In The Future He'll Discover That That's What He Loves Best, And Come Out Of Retirement For More Big Projects.  30 Years From Now, Rap'll Still Be Here, And They'll Still Be Young Talent Waiting To Get Discovered, Even If They DO Get Discovered And Produced By A 70 Year Old.  It's All Gravy.  Plus, Like Most People Don't Realize, Dre Should Understand That The Average Life Expectancy Is Going Up Each Day; By The Time You Me And Dre Die, We Might LITERALLY Be 100 Or More Years Old.  Hell, We Might Live To See 150.  Dre's Not Gonna Stay Retired 100 Years. LOL.....

Just My Opinion, I Know You Got The Inside Scoop On What Dre Thinks, But I Think That's Not What He REally Wants, He'll Eventually Change His Way Of Thinking.

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2001, 08:50:35 PM »
Hmm I don't know... well yea i dont think it will be his last album... you just need to continue...

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2001, 08:59:52 PM »
[07:58] <BattleCat> if i were female
[07:58] <BattleCat> mellows description of detox would make me wet
[07:58] <w0rm`> lol

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2001, 09:02:07 PM »
im male and it still makes me wet

i mean... ummm...  (what did he say??)

I mean I like his description... good job with the words

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2001, 01:54:26 AM »
damn, some intresting shit right there ^ ::)

Hmm I don't know... well yea i dont think it will be his last album... you just need to continue...

he doesn't rap as tight as he did before in my opinion, so it's maybe time to put the mic away, and do a whole album producing for snoop...and others...

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2001, 02:33:44 AM »
thanx mellow for the info..im sure we all appreciate it..thanx homie

peace out y'all
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2001, 05:05:23 AM »
please dont make songs like GET FUCKRF UP WIT ME cuz that song sux

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2001, 07:23:44 AM »
Props Mellow. Reading all that gave me shivers down my spine  :o

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Pimplegionär

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2001, 08:32:39 AM »
I`m a little bit disappointed if it`s true what mellow said,
that " the wash " is dre`s last g-funk song because i like that shit sooooooo much.
Westcoast4ever

Wizard Whitebeard

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2001, 09:10:49 AM »
I thought Detox was meant to be an instrumental album.  I swear that's what Dre said like a year ago when he first announced the project.
"Doc rock a wife beater with me beatin' my wife's ass ironed on." - Redman