Author Topic: Tomlinson took a shot at Bill Belichick  (Read 610 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Tomlinson took a shot at Bill Belichick
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 03:25:50 PM »
Tomlinson needs to stop crying like a bitch. i blame marty for the loss i think LT only touched the ball 9 times in the 4th quarter thats why they fuckin lost

They lost because of a taunting penalty, a dropped punt return, and a fumbled INT. None of that was Marty's fault.

And why should anyone expect LT to be perfect. He is a classy guy, but even the classiest people lose it from time to time. He lost he was upset and emotional and he said things he may not have said if he was calm. Let's see what he says about what he said before we judge him. Maybe he already called some of the Pats and their coach and apologized.
[/b]
thats 2 to's the same as The Pats had..Im not saying its Marty's fault but LT should have had closer to 40 carries and what a stupid challenge late in the 3rd, that timeout could have Been huge at the end of the game...

Real spit about LT, he was just being emmotional and got caught up in the moment i think...

The challende flag being thrown was probably thrown in a moment of disgust. It was 4th down and the guy had no business intercepting an up the middle pass to begin with. Best case scemario would be you get the ball a few yards furhter away then you would if you just smacked the ball down. I think this came after the punt mishandle, and taunting, and I think most in that case would have that "oh give me a break" mindest and just hope that something went wrong in that play for it to be overturned. Also the flag thrown came a little while after the play and and most of hte blame has to come down on the guys upstairs telling Marty what happened in the replay. Now if they said it's a lost cause and there is no way it will be overturned then it's a very stupid move by Marty. But if someone up there told him he's got a chance then the fault can't be on Marty.

I think the fault lies on a young team not being prepared to get it done in te playoffs. These guys were too excited and nervous at the same time and it showed in several stupid mistakes that handed the Pats the game. I'm glad as a Colts fan because if they ran through NE like they would have if they didn't give the ball back the way they did, then they would have ran through Indy too.

^ I agree i didnt say it was Marty's fault completly, but some blame does lie on the head coach, i mean cmon dogg. LT Still should have got more carries. And when you are the head coach you cant make Decisions in the HEAT Of the MOMENT, you have to think youre playoff lives are on the line! U need that timeout! Players react, the coaches gotta THINK. And if someone in the booth said challenge that shit, they shoild be fired, there was ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO CHALLENGE..

I'm not saying it was a good decision or even defendable, but it didn't cost them the game nearly as much as the other things. Would I have given the ball more to LT late in the game? Sure, but the offense did their job. It was penalty mistakes made by the defense and special teams that cost them. That's all I'm saying, not that you said otherwise, I'm just stating my opinion on Marty's role in the loss.

I wonder if Marty gets fired?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »
LT is the shit hands down, he shoulda touched the ball more in 4th but i can understand where hes coming from, they should have won and he's just very disappointed, i would probably be the same way if i were in his position.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 07:55:20 PM »
LT is the shit hands down, he shoulda touched the ball more in 4th but i can understand where hes coming from, they should have won and he's just very disappointed, i would probably be the same way if i were in his position.

LOL@ Rivers comparing The Chargers reg season week 6 win against NE last year too yesterdays game...Yeah its teh same thing  ::)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 08:06:46 PM »
Tomlinson needs to stop crying like a bitch. i blame marty for the loss i think LT only touched the ball 9 times in the 4th quarter thats why they fuckin lost

They lost because of a taunting penalty, a dropped punt return, and a fumbled INT. None of that was Marty's fault.

And why should anyone expect LT to be perfect. He is a classy guy, but even the classiest people lose it from time to time. He lost he was upset and emotional and he said things he may not have said if he was calm. Let's see what he says about what he said before we judge him. Maybe he already called some of the Pats and their coach and apologized.
[/b]
thats 2 to's the same as The Pats had..Im not saying its Marty's fault but LT should have had closer to 40 carries and what a stupid challenge late in the 3rd, that timeout could have Been huge at the end of the game...

Real spit about LT, he was just being emmotional and got caught up in the moment i think...

The challende flag being thrown was probably thrown in a moment of disgust. It was 4th down and the guy had no business intercepting an up the middle pass to begin with. Best case scemario would be you get the ball a few yards furhter away then you would if you just smacked the ball down. I think this came after the punt mishandle, and taunting, and I think most in that case would have that "oh give me a break" mindest and just hope that something went wrong in that play for it to be overturned. Also the flag thrown came a little while after the play and and most of hte blame has to come down on the guys upstairs telling Marty what happened in the replay. Now if they said it's a lost cause and there is no way it will be overturned then it's a very stupid move by Marty. But if someone up there told him he's got a chance then the fault can't be on Marty.

I think the fault lies on a young team not being prepared to get it done in te playoffs. These guys were too excited and nervous at the same time and it showed in several stupid mistakes that handed the Pats the game. I'm glad as a Colts fan because if they ran through NE like they would have if they didn't give the ball back the way they did, then they would have ran through Indy too.

^ I agree i didnt say it was Marty's fault completly, but some blame does lie on the head coach, i mean cmon dogg. LT Still should have got more carries. And when you are the head coach you cant make Decisions in the HEAT Of the MOMENT, you have to think youre playoff lives are on the line! U need that timeout! Players react, the coaches gotta THINK. And if someone in the booth said challenge that shit, they shoild be fired, there was ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO CHALLENGE..

I'm not saying it was a good decision or even defendable, but it didn't cost them the game nearly as much as the other things. Would I have given the ball more to LT late in the game? Sure, but the offense did their job. It was penalty mistakes made by the defense and special teams that cost them. That's all I'm saying, not that you said otherwise, I'm just stating my opinion on Marty's role in the loss.

I wouldn't be shocked if he does. A lot of it is image and appearance and Marty's post season record looks bad. He'll get a job somewhere else (with teams who would love to even make the post season) and SD will be fine with the talent they have.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »

[/b]

I wouldn't be shocked if he does. A lot of it is image and appearance and Marty's post season record looks bad. He'll get a job somewhere else (with teams who would love to even make the post season) and SD will be fine with the talent they have.

SD should replace him, they have the talent maybe a new coach is what they need...They will be good either way..And Rivers will be a YEAR better that will be huge!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 06:39:47 AM »
I don't think they need to replace anyone. I don't think it matters who coaches next year. The odds of them playing two bonehead games in the playoffs back to back years are slim. They'll do as well next year wit Marty or with out him in my opinion.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 10:11:46 AM »
I don't think they need to replace anyone. I don't think it matters who coaches next year. The odds of them playing two bonehead games in the playoffs back to back years are slim. They'll do as well next year wit Marty or with out him in my opinion.

Marty will make some bonehead decision next year that will cost him, is it just a coinsidence that he keeps losing in the playoffs every year? I dont think so..3 of the 5 playoff games he won was in 2 years with Montana at QB...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »

Marty will make some bonehead decision next year that will cost him, is it just a coinsidence that he keeps losing in the playoffs every year? I dont think so..3 of the 5 playoff games he won was in 2 years with Montana at QB...

You make it sound like he lost the games with poor decisions. He rarely had the better team in his losses. His first year his 8-8 Browns lost by a Field Goal to Marino's Dolphins. His second and third losses were to Elway's Superbowl bound Broncos (the first one went to OT after Elway took his team from te 2 yard line for a tieing fiekld goal, and the second was lost at the last minute by a running back fumble by Cleveland after Marty helped organize a hug comeback). The next loss was 24 to 23 against Houston. Later that was another 1 point loss to Marino's Dolphins again this time with KC. After that they lost to powerhouse Buffalo. They he got blown out by San Diego the next year, and followed it up with another loss to Superbowl bound Buffalo who really owned the AFC for 4 straight years. The next year his underdog Chiefs lost to the Dolphins once again. And after that he lost a defensive 10-7 battle to the Colts but the Chiefs kicker missed 3 FGs and the team gave up 4 turnovers. His next loss came a couple years later against te amazing two time champion Broncos. His first loss with SD was in overtime after a missed FG by Kaeding. 40 yards isn't a chip shot but would be made by a clutch kicker. And the last loss was hardly lost because of a challenge flag.

All of the omes he could have won were lost by a few mistakes here and there. Mistakes happen in Football. Brady made 3 of them in the last game. Belichick wasn't doing any special yesterday either. When Belichick came to the Browns shortly after Marty he couldn't even get them to the playoffs until his 4th year and finished 1 -1. He didn't go to the playoffs again until the 2001 NE team that should have lost their first game to Oakland but saved by a stupid rule that appeared to be invented for Brady. His next two playoff runs he was nehind the best overall team in the league with hte best co-ordiinators in the league. It was hard to mess up those ones.

You seem to like to pin wins and losses to whatever name seems to suit you. Teams win and teams lose. It's almost never because of one person. I'll give you the 23-24 loss to Houston though. I don't know why he didn't go for 2.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 08:51:56 PM »

You make it sound like he lost the games with poor decisions. He rarely had the better team in his losses. His first year his 8-8 Browns lost by a Field Goal to Marino's Dolphins. His second and third losses were to Elway's Superbowl bound Broncos (the first one went to OT after Elway took his team from te 2 yard line for a tieing fiekld goal, and the second was lost at the last minute by a running back fumble by Cleveland after Marty helped organize a hug comeback). The next loss was 24 to 23 against Houston. Later that was another 1 point loss to Marino's Dolphins again this time with KC. After that they lost to powerhouse Buffalo. They he got blown out by San Diego the next year, and followed it up with another loss to Superbowl bound Buffalo who really owned the AFC for 4 straight years. The next year his underdog Chiefs lost to the Dolphins once again. And after that he lost a defensive 10-7 battle to the Colts but the Chiefs kicker missed 3 FGs and the team gave up 4 turnovers. His next loss came a couple years later against te amazing two time champion Broncos. His first loss with SD was in overtime after a missed FG by Kaeding. 40 yards isn't a chip shot but would be made by a clutch kicker. And the last loss was hardly lost because of a challenge flag.

All of the omes he could have won were lost by a few mistakes here and there. Mistakes happen in Football. Brady made 3 of them in the last game. Belichick wasn't doing any special yesterday either. When Belichick came to the Browns shortly after Marty he couldn't even get them to the playoffs until his 4th year and finished 1 -1. He didn't go to the playoffs again until the 2001 NE team that should have lost their first game to Oakland but saved by a stupid rule that appeared to be invented for Brady. His next two playoff runs he was nehind the best overall team in the league with hte best co-ordiinators in the league. It was hard to mess up those ones.

You seem to like to pin wins and losses to whatever name seems to suit you. Teams win and teams lose. It's almost never because of one person. I'll give you the 23-24 loss to Houston though. I don't know why he didn't go for 2.

I always give teams credit, win or lose. The only argument we ever really had was Brady and Manning, and i put alot on both of there shoulders as i should there are MVP typle players and MOST OF THE TIME, NOT ALWAYS if they dont play damn well there teams dont win...
And about Marty he did run into some good teams, but he also had some good teams. You have to admit in the past he has been WAY to conservative. Not with the Chargers so much this year, but with the Chiefs he was and with the Browns as well...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 06:49:01 AM »

I always give teams credit, win or lose. The only argument we ever really had was Brady and Manning, and i put alot on both of there shoulders as i should there are MVP typle players and MOST OF THE TIME, NOT ALWAYS if they dont play damn well there teams dont win...
And about Marty he did run into some good teams, but he also had some good teams. You have to admit in the past he has been WAY to conservative. Not with the Chargers so much this year, but with the Chiefs he was and with the Browns as well...

He's a conservative coach, and serves his purpose. He turns bad teams into great teams. He may not be able to make good teams into amazing teams, or maybe he never had the right talent to do it. I knew Montana outside of his powerhouse 9ers would never make it through the Bills. Elway just happened to be as clutch as you can get. And throw in all the simle mistakes that just happened to happen and there you go. I don't think those teams could have won the Superbowl with Marty, but I don't think those teams could have won with anyone else either. Last weeks game shouldn't even have been close given the mistakes SD mad. If Brady didn't throw the ball away twice NE probably would have won by a lot more than 3. No matter how much you outplay a team multiple mistakes will always cost you, and if those mistakes weren't made the Chargers would have won and probably walked right through Indy. A coach's genius should be judged on the entire program for the whole season, or number of seasons, not one game, and certainly not one play, yet it is. People praise Parcells and Belichick for their amazing defensive strategy to beat Buffalo in the Superbowl but if Scott Norwood just made a very makeable kick no one would remember anything about defensive strategy. The same way the Pats of 2001 would have been forgotten if Vinatieri missed a very unmakeable kick in the snow for 45+ yards. It's the way football and sports are remembered. I look at why something went wrong and pin the blame on that, and sometimes it's worth blaming (like Wade Phillips choosing Johnson over Flutie) and sometimes it's not so much (like Nick Harper not running to the outside after the Bettis fumble), but in both cases Buffalo could have been a powerhouse in the playoffs that year and the Steelers would have been eliminated.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
Its funny that no one mentions the Patriots players saying to LT at the end of the game when they were all huddled together "you're better that that man"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 11:50:41 AM »

He's a conservative coach, and serves his purpose. He turns bad teams into great teams. He may not be able to make good teams into amazing teams, or maybe he never had the right talent to do it. I knew Montana outside of his powerhouse 9ers would never make it through the Bills. Elway just happened to be as clutch as you can get. And throw in all the simle mistakes that just happened to happen and there you go. I don't think those teams could have won the Superbowl with Marty, but I don't think those teams could have won with anyone else either. Last weeks game shouldn't even have been close given the mistakes SD mad. If Brady didn't throw the ball away twice NE probably would have won by a lot more than 3. No matter how much you outplay a team multiple mistakes will always cost you, and if those mistakes weren't made the Chargers would have won and probably walked right through Indy. A coach's genius should be judged on the entire program for the whole season, or number of seasons, not one game, and certainly not one play, yet it is. People praise Parcells and Belichick for their amazing defensive strategy to beat Buffalo in the Superbowl but if Scott Norwood just made a very makeable kick no one would remember anything about defensive strategy. The same way the Pats of 2001 would have been forgotten if Vinatieri missed a very unmakeable kick in the snow for 45+ yards. It's the way football and sports are remembered. I look at why something went wrong and pin the blame on that, and sometimes it's worth blaming (like Wade Phillips choosing Johnson over Flutie) and sometimes it's not so much (like Nick Harper not running to the outside after the Bettis fumble), but in both cases Buffalo could have been a powerhouse in the playoffs that year and the Steelers would have been eliminated.

I said Marty was a good coach, and had tough matchups in the playoffs, but he still has a bad record in the playoffs. Yeah he had to go against Elway and a good Bills team in championship games, but he also had great defenses and Montana as a QB against the Bills, and they got totally OUTCOACHED And OUTPLAYED in that 93-94 title game against the Bills, in 95-96 they had the best defense in the NFL and he went conservative vs the Colts in the playoffs and they lost to a 9-7 Colts team, who wouldnt have been talked about as a great team if the Chiefs could have won, and yes it was a defensive battle, but he had no reason to go conservative as much as he did, there was even a 4th and 1 he should have gone for and he elected to kick the FG that was missed, so he does fuckup. OVERALL= VERY GOOD NFL COACH AND CAREER, PLAYOFFS= WHATEVER THE REASON HE DOESNT WIN 5-13...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
Just remember this, if Marty doesnt challenge that BULLSHIT he challenged in the 3rd qrtr, the Chargers can call timeout after there last completion and would have had like 15 secs to throw another pass towards the sidelines or even middle of the field and get down, i almost guarantee that they get about 10 yds closer and its a 45 yrdr instead of a 55 yrdr...little things are huge, and that was a HUGE coaching blunder in a HUGE game...Thats not the only reason they lost, dont get me wrong. BUT DAMNIT THINK BEFORE YOU CHALLENGE! TIMEOUTS ARE PRECIOUS!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 05:04:07 PM »
Just remember this, if Marty doesnt challenge that BULLSHIT he challenged in the 3rd qrtr, the Chargers can call timeout after there last completion and would have had like 15 secs to throw another pass towards the sidelines or even middle of the field and get down, i almost guarantee that they get about 10 yds closer and its a 45 yrdr instead of a 55 yrdr...little things are huge, and that was a HUGE coaching blunder in a HUGE game...Thats not the only reason they lost, dont get me wrong. BUT DAMNIT THINK BEFORE YOU CHALLENGE! TIMEOUTS ARE PRECIOUS!

Well there was another timeout he did call the the refs didn't see just before an NE TD, so in a perfect world he would have lost that timeout anyway. Even so my point was that the red flag wasn't even in the top five of things done wrong by San Diego in that game.

And like I said, conservative or not 3 FGs were missed in that 10-7 loss and all of them were relatively close. Anyone one of those 3 make it and the Chiefs win. Also lets not forget Steve Bono's 3 INTs. And in the Bills game Monatana was simply shut down completing only 9 passes. They weren't going to win that no matter what. Bills were too good those years in the AFC.

If I had a bad team in the NFL and wanted to make it a great team in a couple years I'd hire Marty almost before anyone else. He can turn a losing team into a winner. After they become winners then you can hire someone else if you want, but every team he's left ended up shit after he was gone thus far so who knows.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »
theres nothing wrong with celebrating after a huge playoff win.  LT is being a sore loser.  Take the loss and move on, and try winning next time.  (I actually hate New England and wanted SDC to win this game badly.)

same here. but i agree

you cant whine about it...

im pissed NE won also