Author Topic: Lethal Injection - Cube fans!!! Tell me this please...  (Read 434 times)

Diggfinger

Lethal Injection - Cube fans!!! Tell me this please...
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »
Ok I finally listened to this record (after owning it for years :-[) and it blew me away. STraight up. Man that is what I consider west coast rap right there!!! Cube makes a whole album without fillers, without brain-less club tracks and even manages to largely stay away from anti-white statements (which really bugged The Predator down in my opinion). THis CD is dope!!!!! (especially "You Know How We Do It", "Really Doe" and "What Can I do?" blew my dirty socks off 8)).

So my question to you Cube fans, what other albums has he done that resembles this masterpiece? Is Death Certificate something similar? Or this that more in the vain of THe Predator??

- thanks in advance!!!  :D

Lunatic

Re: Lethal Injection - Cube fans!!! Tell me this please...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:23:06 AM »
Ok I finally listened to this record (after owning it for years :-[) and it blew me away. STraight up. Man that is what I consider west coast rap right there!!! Cube makes a whole album without fillers, without brain-less club tracks and even manages to largely stay away from anti-white statements (which really bugged The Predator down in my opinion). THis CD is dope!!!!! (especially "You Know How We Do It", "Really Doe" and "What Can I do?" blew my dirty socks off 8)).

So my question to you Cube fans, what other albums has he done that resembles this masterpiece? Is Death Certificate something similar? Or this that more in the vain of THe Predator??

- thanks in advance!!!  :D

I personally think it's more like the predator. both albums ain't big on me. then you got amerikkaz most wanted & death certificate are alike as well, and I love those 2.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted / Death Certificate are similar to each other, Predator to me, felt like a down-toned Death Certificate.

Lethal Injection is way underrated too.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 12:12:24 PM »

Death Certificate is more political and set the ground work for the modern day hip hop artist. I'd say Lethal Injection is more musically inclined, but it doesn't deliver quite the same message as DC.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »
Well, Cave Bitch is def one of the most racially charged Cube songs which appears on Lethal Injection.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:14:05 PM »
Well, Cave Bitch is def one of the most racially charged Cube songs which appears on Lethal Injection.

But on Death Certificate you have A Bird In The Hand, I Wanna Kill Sam, Black Korea, as well as more concious songs like Look Who's Burnin' and True To The Game (even though it was an Eazy Diss).

I'm not saying Lethal Injection isn't political at all, but Death Certificate had more of a message to deliver.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:25:38 PM »
Death Certificate is a def 5 mic album!!! IMO This is cube at his finest with The Boogie Men (DJ Pooh, Bobcat & Rashad) doing the beats as well as Sir Jinx the album is straight fire. A must have album!! But I luv all cubes work. He's much better doing Reality Rap than all this "club banger" shit!!!!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
Cube's first 4 albums are all personal classics!

Lethal Injection is crazy. I love that album.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 01:04:18 AM »
amerikkaz/death similar

predator/injection somewhat similar.

all dope as fucking hell.classics

and cube is good at that shit and the bangers. i feel he has the right to party it up cause he made all the statements he needed to make it after nwa + his first 4 LPs....at least one or two of those LPs lyrics would have found themselves on Dre beats if not for heller...oh well, jinx,pooh and muggz are super sick.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The Predator

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 06:23:13 AM »
Ice Cube's G-Funk era :

Lethal Injection (as you have already heard)
Bootlegs n B-Sides (a lot of remixes and unreleased ice cube g-funk material, like the dope ass You Know How We Do It remix, Good Day Remix...)
Planet Of Da Apes (lench Mob 2nd album, g-funked out)

Predator, Death Certificate etc are not g-funk records if you want to hear songs in the style of Lethal Injection regarding it in Ice Cube's style check the ones i listed. The producers (QD III, Dr Jam, Madness4Real etc...) and the time of the records are from the same early 90's era.

Also check out Ghetto Bird (Dr Jam funky remix), Higher the lead g-funk song from Higher Learning soundtrack, Bop Gun single version etc...

Ice Cube was rockin the afro around this time, check out the videos like Really Doe too.

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:18 AM »
How can people say that The Predator is not political or racially charged? Cube basically PREDICTED the L.A. roits and had excerpts from the trial of the cops in Simi Valley and discuss the Rodney King verdict and gave just a glimpse of racial unrest in this country.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:13:03 AM »
How can people say that The Predator is not political or racially charged? Cube basically PREDICTED the L.A. roits and had excerpts from the trial of the cops in Simi Valley and discuss the Rodney King verdict and gave just a glimpse of racial unrest in this country.

Who said that?

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »

Who said that?

Maybe my wording was wrong. Death Certificate set up Tha Predator well and The Predator is like the results of the racial tension of DC. I think Lethal Injection was a little bit more carefree than his earlier work, but compared to his later work it is militant.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 07:31:37 AM »
I like death certificate but i like Lethal injectionn better for the simple fact that the sound is cleaner

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »
I dig Lethal Injection also. I do agree it does have a cleaner sound, but Predator had that more dark ominous sound because Muggs was behind the boards. It fit the anger and fury Cube was rappin about on there.