Author Topic: Anyone buying Windows Vista Tuesday?  (Read 666 times)

mrtonguetwista

Anyone buying Windows Vista Tuesday?
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:39:37 PM »
Imma check it out at Best Buy tomorrow

swangin and bangin

Re: Anyone buying Windows Vista Tuesday?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
wtf does it do?

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:45:03 AM »
It reports all your illegal software (I heard - however they wanna classify something as illegal though) and I wouldnīt be surpried if itīs true.

.. but yeah, doesnīt it require a 64bit (or whatever itīs called) cpu?

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:10:21 AM »
I'm camping out.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »
lol

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »
I just read a little article about it and it said that it isnīt all that.

Basically the pros donīt really outweigh the cons.

Itīs suppsoed to take up 7gb of hdd space (not that bad actually if you got a decent hdd but given itīs just a OS itīs a bit much) whereas Win XP with similar multimedia applications just take about 1.7 gb.

Plus, the pc they used to test it had no problems running XP with 1gb ram but had "lags" with Vista (no clue though what kind of pc they used.)

Then they said that there are the usual problems with drivers and that older Win applications can be installed but wonīt work then. They also gave an example where they tried to install a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard and after the installation was done the pc just shut itself down and after a restart the software wasnīt seen anywhere (not installed.)

Iīd provide a link but the article is in german so it wonīt help you much I guess.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »
Windows Vista is designed to help make you more productive as you work with your PC throughout the day with new features like Sleep, Windows SuperFetch, Windows ReadyBoost, and Windows ReadyDrive.

Windows SuperFetch helps manage memory to get the most out of available RAM while Windows ReadyBoost helps make PCs more responsive by using flash memory devices (like USB thumb drives) to boost performance. Windows ReadyDrive takes advantage of new hybrid hard disks—hard disks with integrated flash memory—to help improve battery life, performance, and reliability. With Windows Vista, your system is ready when you are.

I rather wait..there are still flaws in it.

[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
You just copied that from the Microsoft site, didnīt you? At least it readas like that. lol

.. and honestly all those new "features" sound like crap to me.

With Windows Vista, your system is ready when you are.

LOL!

Thatīs what they say about every product.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »
You just copied that from the Microsoft site, didnīt you? At least it readas like that. lol

LOL!

:laugh:
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 08:00:55 AM »

LOL!

you obviously don't know what half those features are. They are awesome...aside from the OS having a complete makeover features like readyboost (which allows you to plug in up to a 2gb usb memory key and use it as ram) make vista awesome...

I work for dell and we've had vista trainings and blah blah blah forever...i've read atleast 15 different articles about vista just in the last month...and a few of our computers at work have it installed on it...after all the reading and playing around with it i think its way better than xp...as long as you have a computer that can handle it...vista was half the reason i bought a new computer.

who really cares if it takes up 7gb hd space...how many people on here really have less than a 100gb hard drive? i'm sure there's a few but its just the people using old ass computers. And sure you have to have a somewhat high end graphics card to use it...but have you seen the new AERO interface? its incredible...so much better to look it...and if you have enough ram it doesn't lag at all.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
That feature about plug in and use as ram sounds awesome! I could do with ALOT more lol.

I've only got like 50+ GB Harddrive  ::)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »

LOL!

you obviously don't know what half those features are. They are awesome...aside from the OS having a complete makeover features like readyboost (which allows you to plug in up to a 2gb usb memory key and use it as ram) make vista awesome...

I work for dell and we've had vista trainings and blah blah blah forever...i've read atleast 15 different articles about vista just in the last month...and a few of our computers at work have it installed on it...after all the reading and playing around with it i think its way better than xp...as long as you have a computer that can handle it...vista was half the reason i bought a new computer.

who really cares if it takes up 7gb hd space...how many people on here really have less than a 100gb hard drive? i'm sure there's a few but its just the people using old ass computers. And sure you have to have a somewhat high end graphics card to use it...but have you seen the new AERO interface? its incredible...so much better to look it...and if you have enough ram it doesn't lag at all.

Youīre absolutely right that I donīt know what the features really are but from what I read (just the description that pc8381 posted) I can say that I wonīt really need them (talking about that readyboost thing.) Itīs sounds nice that you can use a usb stick to enhance your ram but whatīs the point in it for a regular user?

Iīm using Win2k SP4 with 1.5k ram and Iīm happy with it. For now I see no reason to get Vista. Even if I bought a brand new pc tomorrow (and Iīd buy a good one cause I use the pc to play games) I probably wouldnīt get Vista right away. At the moment I just donīt see any reason at all to get it. I donīt care if it looks nice and at all that. I still use the default desktop. No fancy graphics or whatever I even thought that XP looked too "flashy" lol.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/  ;)

and here it is what to come...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/
i have the tiger version and still runs like new. however, leporad got cool features though.

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 09:44:05 PM »
iv had vista sense july.. everything is running great. its taking some companys a bit longer to get drivers out like fucking logitech. but other then that its awesome. torrents work and aim 5.9 as well as bearshare so im pleased the new IU is amazing. also i have a 500gig hard drive and an 80 gig back up so its all good there..