Author Topic: Was the Next Episode OG really on the first pressing of Doggystyle?  (Read 717 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Was the Next Episode OG really on the first pressing of Doggystyle?
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 09:00:35 AM »
^ theres no way..

I'm in NYC and I got Doggystyle the day it came out on cassette and a month later on CD and both had Next Episode listed in the back  but were not on there, G'z Up Ho's Down is there, #18 on my CD, Pump Pump is #19 and Next Episode is #17 but its the Sam Sneed skit

so next ep is listed but it's just the sneed skit?

-T

basically theres 2 versions of Doggystyle

1 with all skits separated from the actuall songs and 1 with 13 tracks with the skits attached to the songs, i got the 13 tracks one, thats gangsta  8)
uh... never heard of a version with the skits attached the songs..

as far as i know there are 3 versions of the doggystyle cd.

1.. the version with gz up, hoez down and next episode listed.
2.. the same version with gz up,down removed from the cd, and the tracklisting fixed
3.. the digitally remastered version of '2'.

it may LOOK like the skits are attached due to the tracklist on the cd cover but the cd has more actual tracks

i have the copy where theres only 13 tracks, i can even scan the cover for you if you dont believe me, its official, still got the death row sticker on it

Scanning the cover wouldn't prove a damn thing. My copy of Doggystyle also has 13 tracks in the tracklist, but the CD actually has 18 tracks since the skit tracks aren't listed. I'm not saying you're lying, just saying that a scan of a 13 track tracklist isn't special.

Don Seer

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 10:43:52 AM »
^ theres no way..

I'm in NYC and I got Doggystyle the day it came out on cassette and a month later on CD and both had Next Episode listed in the back  but were not on there, G'z Up Ho's Down is there, #18 on my CD, Pump Pump is #19 and Next Episode is #17 but its the Sam Sneed skit

-T

1 with all skits separated from the actuall songs and 1 with 13 tracks with the skits attached to the songs, i got the 13 tracks one, thats gangsta  8)

2.. the same version with gz up,down removed from the cd, and the tracklisting fixed

it may LOOK like the skits are attached due to the tracklist on the cd cover but the cd has more actual tracks

i have the copy where theres only 13 tracks, i can even scan the cover for you if you dont believe me, its official, still got the death row sticker on it

Scanning the cover wouldn't prove a damn thing. My copy of Doggystyle also has 13 tracks in the tracklist, but the CD actually has 18 tracks since the skit tracks aren't listed. I'm not saying you're lying, just saying that a scan of a 13 track tracklist isn't special.

yup thats what i been saying..

the vinyl version has the names for the skit not listed on the cd version..

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 11:10:56 AM »
LOL? I looked at my version. I got the OG version of Doggystyle, with Gz Up Hoez Down but Next Episode is not listed.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

XaNdEr

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
^ theres no way..

-T

yup thats what i been saying..

the vinyl version has the names for the skit not listed on the cd version..

my cd has 13 tracks, i can upload it if you want, then you can hear for yourself

http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start?BOL_OWNER_ID=1000004003221877&Section=MUSIC&lgl=1&plid=44iR5LdLE90AAAEQmQKFIrJD&lgl_BOL_OWNER_ID=1&lgl_Section=1

thats where i got it