Author Topic: Scottie Pippen On the Comeback  (Read 1087 times)

GangstaBoogy

Scottie Pippen On the Comeback
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
Scottie Pippen is seriously considering a comeback and hopes to play for a contending team in this season's playoffs, the Chicago Tribune's Sam Smith is reporting.

Pippen, who turned 41 on Sept. 25, says he's in better condition and health than at any time in the last five years.

Pippen will give an indication of where he is physically when he teams with the Bulls' Ben Gordon and the Chicago Sky's Candice Dupree in the "Shooting Stars" contest part as part of Saturday night's All-Star festivities.

"I'm thinking of trying to come back for the playoffs," Pippen said. "Something like the last two months of the season, somewhere I can come back and play limited minutes to start, play point forward for someone and build toward the playoffs. It's something I've been thinking about for the last three months."

Pippen last played for the Bulls in the 2003-04 season, when knee problems limited him to 23 games. He said he's considering the right situation and plans to talk to some teams and players during the weekend.

"Being out of the game, my body feels great," Pippen said, adding that his body fat is at an all-time low 5 percent and he's at his top playing weight of about 220 pounds.

"Taking this break, it feels amazing. I'm looking at somewhere I could play maybe 15 minutes. I'm not trying to be a big-money guy or anything, [just trying to] get with a team I can help in the playoffs.

"My knee is good," Pippen said. "I've been working out regularly, doing drills. I see my body like guys like Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar, who played till he was 42) and Robert Parish (who played until just short of 44). My body is lanky and flexible like theirs. That gives me some hope I can do it.

"I'm moving good. I feel pretty fast and you don't forget the game. I watch and see so many young guys who don't know how to run a team and I feel I could help someone."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44734/20070216/pippen_considering_nba_comeback/
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Scottie Pippen On the Comeback
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
Watch he goes with the Heat lol

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 11:12:18 AM »
damn make a mockery of youre legacy, please Scottie dont do it  :-X

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:50:34 PM »
LOL. I want to see this.

everlast1986

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
I believe he could do that if he says hes that healthy. Like he said only like 10-15 minutes a game though.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 04:13:11 PM »
Haha, this hammer-head-shark-lookin' ass nigga has always been trying to get outta Jordan's shadow.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »
without pippen, jordan would not have any rings.  same can be said the other way around.   8)

im rootin for scottie to get back!   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

swangin and bangin

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 04:29:39 PM »
without pippen, jordan would not have any rings.  same can be said the other way around.   8)

im rootin for scottie to get back!   8)
the first parts tru but man its over for him now hes too old

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 07:08:17 PM »
I doubt he'd do too well at 41 but i'd like to see him back

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 09:03:17 PM »
LMFAO @ nobody realizin that Pippen just wants to out-do Jordan and be able to say that he has seven rings!!!!

And LMAO that the Heat will probably be first in line to get him. They might as well get Shawn Kemp, Spreewell, and fuck it, John Amaechi while they are at it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »
Looks like Kobe wants him to come to the Lakers...

Kobe Bryant is intrigued by the thought of a Scottie Pippen comeback and would love him to do it with the Lakers.

"He was in camp with us last season and he looked like he was in great shape," said Bryant at today's All-Star media session. "I'm going to tell him there's a place in the triangle for him."
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:36 AM »

Kobe Bryant is intrigued by the thought of a Scottie Pippen comeback and would love him to do it with the Lakers.

"He was in camp with us last season and he looked like he was in great shape," said Bryant at today's All-Star media session. "I'm going to tell him there's a place in the triangle for him."

That would be interesting

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 03:50:29 AM »

That would be interesting

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »
One thing Pippen has over Jordan

Pippen's wifey > MJ's

everlast1986

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 09:31:49 AM »
he looked like he was in great shape last night