Author Topic: Top 5 aftermath releases....Rate them  (Read 696 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Top 5 aftermath releases....Rate them
« on: March 05, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
what are your top 5 aftermath releases?? Standard source rating system will do, drop your thoughts y'all!

to me its like this.....

1-dr dre - 2001.......5/5.....best dre production in a decade pretty much....first half of this album is perfect...basically nothing is flawless, musically, song writing, lyrics, beats, everything....this album actually made me go back and cop slim shady lp...

2- Marshall Mathers Lp.....4.75/5.....To me this is when eminem was a monster on a joint....even though some of his shit was child like, i could give a fuck when everything is as bangin as this....dre actually gave em some vintage dre beats even with a strong westcoast vibe on some of them....imo em spits some heat on this and this is when his flow was amazing in my opinion....he was a hiphop nigga back then to me....

3- 50 cent - Get rich or die trying....4.5/5.....u know dre really cooked this nigga some crazy shit with this nigga....back down,heat, 50 dropped high all the time...21 questions....this definately took aftermath in a whole new direction and put a whole new blueprint on how aftermath releases would drop for more than a minute no doubt....set 50's whole career and his crews life up...today 50 one rich muhfucka

4-Game - The Documentary....4.25/5.....Even though this is basically a westcoast version of GRODT and is a bangin album, only reason i put this below 50's album is because his shit was done first, this album with dre and 50's influence was hella influenced by the GRODT blueprint and in retrospect, rightly so, cuz nigga sold hella records, made some bangin club joints, put his name on the map, put some life back in the west....and funny thing is, dre and game sond nice over a dre beat...how we do was bangin....set games career up

5- not one that stands out to me for a 5th positions to be honest....slim shady lp?naww, the album aint weak or nuttin...but much of it aint for me...eminen show....naww....that was not an album for hiphop niggaz...that was made for a white award shows...busta big bang...nawww, i got luv for u busta but u a made nigga, how u gon let your album be sooo "constructed and rigid" when you a natural nigga....what happened to the shit that made busta?....i mean i aint saying any of these albums are hella wack, its just not one of these imo deserves to stand out against the other....same with truth hurts...i appreciate dre took a chance with her, but she was not as talented as she seemed at the time and at the time when alicia keys was thriving, she had no chance to shine and her lp was nuttin special truthfully speaking....the firm....overlooked but still....i couldnt put this there because it was a direction which dre never has used again...the wash ost...u know if there was any lp i would have put in the 5th position it would have been this,lol....not because it is better than the others, hell nawww nigga, infact some of the above are better, but some of the joints on this album are shit vintage westwest shit y'all....but then the same could be said about some of the shit on the other albums....soldier on eminem show....fiya....so i dont think i can hit y'all with a number 5 but i know y'all got nuff opinions!

share y'all thoughts!

peace!

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
Re: Top 5 aftermath releases....Rate them
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:35:13 PM »
where is the big bang?
eminem show (best eminem effort imo combined growth and childish shit)

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:35:43 PM »
I thought busta rhymes album was really tight I dont know why so many people are hating on it

it's def better listen than 50 cent's 2nd album

edit: oh yea eminem show was a really good album but too overplayed for me

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »
where is the big bang?
eminem show (best eminem effort imo combined growth and childish shit)

thats what im sayin, you drop your top 5.....reason for me not to drop big bang was....because it was not a real busta lp....i think it was soo influenced by how dre wanted the album to be, it ended up being sme hella generic shit....its still a solid cd....but i do not see how i could give this the number 5 spot over slim shady lp or eminem show(i dont think this is a great album, imo its kindaa weak)

pz
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 05:50:55 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 05:44:21 PM »
I thought busta rhymes album was really tight I dont know why so many people are hating on it

it's def better listen than 50 cent's 2nd album

edit: oh yea eminem show was a really good album but too overplayed for me

busta album is solid no doubt to me, like i said, i just do not think it was anything worth the wait, it was nuttin more than your average generic 4 mic cd imo....oh and i agree, it is much better than massacre

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »
sslp, mmlp, 2001, grodt and the documentary
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »
sslp, mmlp, 2001, grodt and the documentary

is that in any order, or just your best 5 aftermath joints?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 06:59:32 PM »
I would have to say KING T would be in top 5 if it ever came out.. too bad it got canned

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »
1.  2001
2.  2001
3.  2001
4.  2001
5.  2001

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »
1. 2001
2. kingdom come
3. big bang
4. marshall mathers lp
5. documentary

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »
1. 2001
2. kingdom come
3. big bang
4. marshall mathers lp
5. documentary

Since when was Kingdom Come a Aftermath Release?

T-Dub

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
MMLP
Documentary
SSLP
GRODT

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:03 AM »
I would have to say KING T would be in top 5 if it ever came out.. too bad it got canned

co-sign

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 05:24:31 AM »
MMLP
SSLP
GRODT
The Documentary

Raphael

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 07:33:25 AM »
1.  2001