Author Topic: Rappers you thought were going to blow up but they never really did...  (Read 637 times)

everlast1986

Re: Rappers you thought were going to blow up but they never really did...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 07:23:25 PM »
a couple more that come to my mind is

Nature - He wasn't far behind Nas and Az in The Firm days as far as talent went and released an album in 2000 which was dope but had a fallout with Columbia Records and Nas and he seems to have been lost ever since

Cool Breeze - Dungeon Family rapper who came up with the term "Dirty South" and dropped a hot album in 99 which had a hot single but fell off the map and was forgotten about quickly. One of my favorite southern rappers.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 09:12:33 PM »
Obie Trice... i thought he was going to blow up a lot more than what he did..... he did alright... but i really expected him to do better

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 09:14:49 PM »
Obie Trice... i thought he was going to blow up a lot more than what he did..... he did alright... but i really expected him to do better

Good call, Obie is seriously underrated. He did kinda blow up though, he does have a platinum album to his name.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Crooked I and Beanie Seagal.I really thought Beans  was going to have a nice career but he just fucked it up and Crooked I well we all know the story.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 01:06:45 AM »
AZ, back in the mid 90's when I first heard him and Jay I always thought AZ was the better rapper but he never got that shine that he deserved

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 01:11:33 AM »
Knoc-Turn'Al, Ali Vegas, Obie Trice, Shade Sheist
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

AndrE16686

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 02:56:32 AM »
Saigon....really thought he was gonna change the game.

Hittman...thought he could not not blow up after 2001.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 06:50:35 AM »
Six-Two - The DOC's protegé and Dre beats behind him and still could not blow up? His lyrical ability was advanced, then again he might not be able to carry a whole album effectively.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 06:56:43 AM »
Shade Sheist.  Informal Introduction had good sounds but never blew up.  I thought Sheist was gonna be the next big west coast artist.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »
Crooked I

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »
Canibus in 98, his name was being compared to Rakim...still think he's one of the greats, but being blackballed is a motherfucker,

chill
he´s never been blackballed, that´s just an excuse coz he can´t make good songs. he can drop all of the jibberish(coz that´s all he´s doin) but when it comes down to picking good beats,writing good hooks and coming up with appealing concepts Canibus is weak as fuck.

Rip The Jacker is one of the best albums ive ever heard, stoupes beats are amazing and lyrically canibus is at his finest.

As for those who should have blown up, definatly royce and hitman.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 12:43:41 PM »
Saigon
Papoose
Ali Vegas
Grafh
Jody Breeze
Eastwood

Well, actually.. these cats haven't released an album yet, so they still have a chance... And Crooked I of course

kemizt

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 02:11:50 PM »
Knoc-turn'al (I still hold hope that 1 day he will)
Hittman
Crooked I (same story as knoc)
Sly Boogy

yup^

Six-Two - The DOC's protegé and Dre beats behind him and still could not blow up? His lyrical ability was advanced, then again he might not be able to carry a whole album effectively.
DUDE, you heard macaroni and g's? shit is amazing. I wouldn't say he's lyrically advanced, but his flow, hook writing ability, voice and delivery are AMAZING. just smoooooooth. his non dre producers are amazing too. PM if you need macaroni and g's, i'll see if i can link you or upload it if i must.

which obie album went plat? didn't know that, just goes to show how incredible eminem's buzz was not too long ago

-T
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:13:27 PM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 10:15:20 PM »

which obie album went plat? didn't know that, just goes to show how incredible eminem's buzz was not too long ago

-T

Cheers

kemizt

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 10:44:17 PM »
I have a few, but aside from those listed, the name that pops out is Shade Sheist. I though he had all the tools, including production. His fault was coming out in a period when people were not looking out for the west.